Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Imagine how bent out of shape ol Monghead is now with DCE heading towards 300 games at Manly, and Manly alone. No slimy Eels games on his record, and a distinguished Origin and Aussie career both still strong.
And no cafe to his name which will probably go bust, if it hasn’t already.

Notwithstanding the stories we hear whether true, partly true or not true Anthony Watmough was a great player. His exit was sad but it is minimus compared to his many years of contribution as a player. Personalities will sometimes clash that is just part of life.

Notwithstanding the stories we hear whether true, partly true or not true Anthony Watmough was a great player. His exit was sad but it is minimus compared to his many years of contribution as a player. Personalities will sometimes clash that is just part of life.
Well said feathered friend . That is looking at things in the right perspective
Further more Our legendary club was made great by Great Manly premiership Legends like Watmough and DCE .

Personalities clash and that is part of life
And The Great honor of Winning a Premierships together for Manly is part of the respect that they will always have for each other whether they like each other or not
1686960091114.png

A perfectly valid argument. However in the process of rubbishing the club back in 2014, he contributed to the destabilisation that was gathering pace, plus the demise of Geoff Toovey’s coaching career.* Not to mention the ‘high maintenance’ (and at times embarrassing) aspects of managing Watmough’s career prior to his 2014 denouement.

*Foran followed suit in 2015, but at least he went some way to making up for it in 2021/22.

If toff tries to barge over from dummy half again he should get black-listed from all further extra curricular duties.

He is not the man for that job. And I don’t think it has ever worked. Several held ups, double movements, dropped balls though

I don't mind Choc...I want to go to his Lebanese Restaraunt one day and see what it's like. Anyone been?

We could use a few Watmough types right now. Off the field he was a bit loose but on he was solid every game. Gutsy and never say die.

Most of those players that were a big part of our success through 06-14 were very much Hasler products. Sure there was talent, but we have a really talented roster as we speak and it's chalk and cheese. Hasler brought that group of players together and they were tight. They were competitive. They were hungry. They were tough. They were Manly.

This current group is full of talent but they are not tight, competitive, hungry, tough, or Manly.

I'd like Manly to bring Matai down from the north coast and make the entire roster (minus DCE, Jake T, and Garrick) run at him. He can sit the entire group on their arse a few times and they might learn something about what it means to wear our jersey.

Most of those players that were a big part of our success through 06-14 were very much Hasler products. Sure there was talent, but we have a really talented roster as we speak and it's chalk and cheese. Hasler brought that group of players together and they were tight. They were competitive. They were hungry. They were tough. They were Manly.

This current group is full of talent but they are not tight, competitive, hungry, tough, or Manly.

I'd like Manly to bring Matai down from the north coast and make the entire roster (minus DCE, Jake T, and Garrick) run at him. He can sit the entire group on their arse a few times and they might learn something about what it means to wear our jersey.
Matai will have nothing to do with the club any longer mate. The place would also be unrecognisable to a player and winner like him. He has standards he set for himself and those around him.

I could NEVER see him choosing to sit out of a game due to a jersey.

Thank you @The Wheel

Injuries and adversaries are part of the game
Resolute Character is part of a Manly Premiership Winning team

They played Busted for 6 games in 24 days and Prevailed
They were the Legendary 1978 Manly Premiership Winning team

Our Benchmark of Premiership Winning Greatness
Lower our Great Standards and We dont stand for anything Great
40 years since 78' Grand Final Glory | Sea Eagles

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14