Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I couldn't find the thread about Turbo's trip to Bill Knowles for his hammy, so putting it here. It mentions in the Telegraph? today that Des has acquired Andrew Lownes from Manly - he's the Rehab Physio who accompanied Turbo to the States and took notes and learned a whole lot from Knowles. Presumably the trip would've been at Manly's/Sponsor's expense. He also would've supported Turbo through his hammy issues, let alone everything else.

It seems he's now going to take all the acquired knowledge to the Titans...mmm, and where does that leave us. Depending on who replaces him, this could work for or against us and Tom.

We are getting the Rah Rah's health and conditioning staff apparently - so massive step up for us here. I wouldn't worry too much. EDIT: Sorry @ALinda , I should have linked the article for you:

SEA EAGLES DELIVER ANOTHER BLOW TO RUGBY

Manly have struck another blow in the fight against rugby union after strengthening their football department with the addition of one of Eddie Jones’ right-hand men.

The Sea Eagles have signed Wallabies strength and conditioning coach Jon Clarke to join their ranks once the World Cup is over, his recruitment coming on the back of several major player signings.

Clarke is a former rugby league player who spent more than a decade at the top of the game in Super League, including a stint alongside Manly coach Anthony Seibold at the London Broncos.

He also played three Tests for Great Britain before becoming a strength and conditioning coach. He worked alongside Jones at 2019 World Cup before joining him in the Wallabies set-up.

Seibold knew him through their time together with England and snuck under Jones’ guard to recruit Clarke — he will join Manly once his World Cup commitments are over later this year.

“I played with him a few years ago at London, but I also worked with him at English rugby,” Seibold said.

“He is a quality operator. He will be a big addition for us. For the last six years he has been with Eddie.

“When Eddie came across to the Wallabies, he wanted to bring him. So he has come across here. He has always had an ambition to come to the NRL — he used to talk to me about it when we worked together at English rugby.

“We did the deal with him well in advance of Eddie coming to the Wallabies. He will be a real good addition for us and you know what Eddie is like — he doesn’t suffer fools.”

Also, an insight:

Last edited:
I couldn't find the thread about Turbo's trip to Bill Knowles for his hammy, so putting it here. It mentions in the Telegraph? today that Des has acquired Andrew Lownes from Manly - he's the Rehab Physio who accompanied Turbo to the States and took notes and learned a whole lot from Knowles. Presumably the trip would've been at Manly's/Sponsor's expense. He also would've supported Turbo through his hammy issues, let alone everything else.

It seems he's now going to take all the acquired knowledge to the Titans...mmm, and where does that leave us. Depending on who replaces him, this could work for or against us and Tom.
He can take all that knowledge. Look at the results. Turbo never looked anything like finding a healthy comfortable running style this season, let alone one that took him to a higher level. Bill's theory may be impressive, even sound, but that doesn't always translate to real life. Too many physical therapist experts treat the physical body in isolation and in a western mechanistic view. It obviously doesn't work, but we persist.

Thanks @The Wheel and congrats to DCE and Jake, good on them.

Can't let it pass without saying typical Albo choosing Cam Murray as Captain ahead of DCE as Vice Captain, despite Cherry being captain of this year's winning maroons' side. Me thinks this stinks of favouritism.

Thanks @The Wheel and congrats to DCE and Jake, good on them.

Can't let it pass without saying typical Albo choosing Cam Murray as Captain ahead of DCE as Vice Captain, despite Cherry being captain of this year's winning maroons' side. Me thinks this stinks of favouritism.
DCE probably should be captain but it takes a bit of pressure off him after a long season. Maybe he can enjoy it a bit more?

Fortunate that Wombat had his kicking boots on that day . Great win and considering that the Eels just pipped Manly in a major semi a couple of weeks previously
Only watched the match on T V but always wonder whether it was a certainty if Nevile Clover would definitely had scored if he had latched on to that final pass .
Thought that there was still some Manly cover coming across but maybe he could have .
Even if he had scored , not to say that Manly was still out of the game then .
Then that memorable Eels wedge play towards the end , another one of Jack Gibson"s innovative plays [ and a bit questionable at the time ]
Only sour note a bit afterwards was Phil Lowe leaving unannounced back to the U K and throwing Arko 's retention and recruitment programme out a bit .
Powerful player though [ Lowe ] when he finally knuckled down to the harder grind of top level Australian R L and the skill of Norton , complimented each other well and the other pom Stephens was fairly lively .
Note that highest season home Brookie crowd that season , some 26 k , quite impressive .

Maybe Fulton"s departure was a bit more anticipated . Seemed to be a bit of resignation about it at the time but i was just looking it from quite afar .
Always recall how Arko decided to bring in 3 centres to try and compensate a bit for his loss .
Robbie Parker from Wests who was a pretty fair player actually [ doubt if he is related to Brad but who knows ] Peter Cootes and Simon Booth from the Newcastle comp . Booth eventually did well of course as a wing and occasionally at centre .
Think that Fulton only played for another 2 seasons or so after his great Manly career, really was not on the top league scene for that much longer in perspective .

Maybe Fulton"s departure was a bit more anticipated . Seemed to be a bit of resignation about it at the time but i was just looking it from quite afar .
Always recall how Arko decided to bring in 3 centres to try and compensate a bit for his loss .
Robbie Parker from Wests who was a pretty fair player actually [ doubt if he is related to Brad but who knows ] Peter Cootes and Simon Booth from the Newcastle comp . Booth eventually did well of course as a wing and occasionally at centre .
Think that Fulton only played for another 2 seasons or so after his great Manly career, really was not on the top league scene for that much longer in perspective .
I don’t recall there being any anticipation that Fulton was about to leave, but of course that was 47 years ago and memories fade.

Parker was a Manly junior and ex-Manly Blues man like Steve Knight.

Parker was a PT teacher at our school (as was Knight before him and umm…one of the Dawson twins, years later) for a time, during his last year at Wests. I believe Cootes was the brother of the footballing priest, John Cootes.

Thank you @The Wheel

A quote from the great Leader Abraham Lincoln sums up our Legendary clubs Great Premiership Winning years
IN THE END , IT IS NOT THE YEARS IN OUR LIVES THAT COUNT
IT IS THE LIFE IN OUR YEARS
And our Manly premiership Winning Heroes breathed life into our club and Glorified it with Premiership winning success

God Bless our Times less, Priceless, Premiership Winning Manly heroes
That have turned the Manly club into a Magnificent Rugby league Icon
We will Remember them
Lest we Forget
Picture Compliments Manly Media
1695004496725.png

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10