Coach Seibold thoughts so far.... so good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shown his hand with recruitment. Sure he will go after a big name forward if he has the cap space. Aka Brookes. And with Lodge missing most of the year who knows perhaps we have some space to work with.

But when it comes to replacing a condon or a Tuilugi type forward. He is going to value a grade experience over anything else.

With his motto's of wanting player consistency and competition for positions. It seems it more about being useful and making our long termers pull their finger out. As opposed to finding a gem amongst the rough.

Is he right?

At the beginning of the season I described his approach as a breath of fresh air and I was hopeful it would yield results. It did not as we finished 12th. He gets a "D-" for season 2022 from me.

Good to see a bit of positivity on here for a change. While the top 8 was the goal I did see improvement across the board.

At the back end of the season how often did we lose a player during the game or get the odd dodgy call that cost us? There were a few.

I don‘t get the bagging of Rueben. He’s a pretty good finisher, great goal kicker and gives 100% each game. I think he scored 3 tries at his only game centre? I’d like to see him there long term and Koula as the back up for Tom.

Injury free I feel we will have a good season in 2024 especially if Brooks and Shuster can be consistent.

At least I’ll be stress free this finals series…

At least Seibold doesn't have a son looking for a halfback gig who signed within minutes of the start of his tenure. We may well have dodged a bullet there.

I like when Siebs described us as 'hard to beat' - the scorecards in the 2nd half of the season especially back that up.

We were really only 'flogged' 3 times all year (Panthers 1st game, Eels during origin, Brisbane magic round) - the other games, whilst at times we were comprehensively outplayed and were never going to win, we didn't capitulate - we let in 40+ only once, and didn't have 30+ scored against us once in our last 10-games. Attitude is a big part of that - and Seibold had some work to do when he arrived in mending a few broken parts of this club.

If we can get our handling/completions up, our fitness levels improved and a good run with injuries then we have a really strong platform to improve next season and beyond!

So although we missed the finals, I feel much better than this time last year - and have to give Seibold a solid pass mark.

Im of the opinion that regardless of how Seibold goes, DCE will take over as coach as soon as he retires. Seibold pending on how he goes might take a back seat role.
Assistant, maybe. Making a freshly retired player a head coach is a pretty sketchy idea. I think he could be a good coach once he has cut his teeth though.

I would be shocked if that was to happen. Surely he (and family) would want some time away from the game for a while.
I wouldn't be surprised if that were to happen. Either that or he does a media gig first.
I doubt Seibold is really calling the shots as the coach anyway.
DCE could be the first Player / Coach in the NRL...

I like when Siebs described us as 'hard to beat' - the scorecards in the 2nd half of the season especially back that up.

We were really only 'flogged' 3 times all year (Panthers 1st game, Eels during origin, Brisbane magic round) - the other games, whilst at times we were comprehensively outplayed and were never going to win, we didn't capitulate - we let in 40+ only once, and didn't have 30+ scored against us once in our last 10-games. Attitude is a big part of that - and Seibold had some work to do when he arrived in mending a few broken parts of this club.

If we can get our handling/completions up, our fitness levels improved and a good run with injuries then we have a really strong platform to improve next season and beyond!

So although we missed the finals, I feel much better than this time last year - and have to give Seibold a solid pass mark.
Great post.

Just look at what Walters has done with Brisbane vs what Seibold did.

Our position on the ladder and our number of wins after Tommy got injured is pathetic.

F for Seibold in 2023.

We should have easily made the finals, even with Turbo injured. Bottom line is we win 4 out of last 12 match's - pathetic and Seibold has to take the blame.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8