Commentators Love to Hate Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Being at the game wasn't much better with the Broncos bias raging, considering that it was supposed to be a Manly home game, all they needed was to trot out Buck and you would have thought it was a Bronco's home game.
Also dont we have any cheers girls anymore? Broncos had theirs...

LOL! I thought someone ( @Woodsie perhaps) would have grabbed the opportunity to take the "zaeti biscuit" (a popular Venetian sweet) to another level and different direction to the marriage of two blokes.

I would have went from a zaeti biscuit to a bit of Tania Zaetta crumpet.

Too late....I've done it.

All Western civilisation can really hope for is ..... that you and @Moondog don't find a way to reproduce ....

Last edited:
When I lived up the coast I would occasionally tune into ABC Newcastle's league commentary when ever the Eagles played the Knights. It was very hard knowing what was happening. The commentators described Newcastle's set in great detail and when Manly got the ball they would ignore Manly's set and go over the Knights previous set in full analytical mode. Plus and one of the co-commentators who was an ex Knights player kept calling Manly, "Manly Marringa". A little balance and intelligence helps.

In regards to pertinence and your question about western civilisation.....no......I don't think homosexuality will lead to the downfall of western society. It may have been a common factor in other civilisations like the Hellinsitic, Macedonian, Greek or Romans (as most bigots like to point out)......but I don't believe it was the determining cause of their demise either.

Give any civilisation/empire enough time and it will fall.

Israel might beg to differ with your point of view.

Agreed totally and I said the same thing this morning. The Broncos are far far from being back and wont make the 8. With some luck - and if Suli wasn't injured we would have won that game. No doubt in my mind. The Courier Mail up here in Brisvegas is all aglow about the Broncos resurgence.

Reality check for those in Brisbane thinking that this is the start of a Broncos resurgence.....

They play the Chooks next Friday night and unless their players drop like flies on that shoddy Suncorp surface tomorrow against Canberra, they are going to pummel the Drongos next week.

Although I am too cheap to get Foxtel and mostly have to put up with what Nein dishes up, I can actually watch the Fux stuff online (I know a few pirate streaming sites hehehe).

When talking about Brisbane winning last night, especially over Manly in a Manly "home game", it looked like Sampson was trying to suppress some mini orgasms. I half expected her to bring out some Broncos coloured pom poms and start doing a version of Toni Basil's "Mickey", but substituting Mickey for Milford.

Here is the reality though, as if Brisbane having to face the Chooks next week isn't reality enough.....If Turbo, DCE, AFB, Walker, Taufua and Croker were available then Elliot, Miski, Suli, LG and either Boyle or Tangles wouldn't have even been in our side last night and the result would probably have been very different.

The one thing I hated about Nein's commentary team late night was the overwhelming presence of ex-Broncos (Lockyer, Lewis and Thaiday) all giving comments on how wonderful Brisbane is, while the one Manly man they have on their team (Fatty).....was put to work on Thursday instead of at least providing a balance. I hate to say it, but the only commentators I heard even giving Manly any sort of credit, and even then it only started happening towards the end, were Gould and surprisingly Billy Slater who I have noticed that when its not Melbourne playing he does try at least to appear somewhat unbiased.

Last edited:
OK .... I have nothing if not a big pair .... so at the risk of sounding sexist or whatever that other missygonginist word is ....

Ever since these damn shielas have wormed their perfumed way into commentary positions ... with heavy breathe and gushing hyper-bola .... every player they interview is a superstar.... every game played is a once in a generational experience ..... every play is the best there has ever been .....

... I am sure last night one of the players made the most tackles ever made and had the greatest running metres of any forward since .... last week ...
Good point Woodsie. Of course I'm all for women being present and increasing their participation in everything to do with rugby league but we don't need tokenism. Ruan Simms know her stuff. Many of the others are just babblers with bras on.
They need a video stream to the Silvertails women's commentary team for some sensible 100% Manly biased input. Can't be any worse than what channel nine subject us to.

I pretty much agree with all or most of the previous comments but to be fair Braith Anasta was trying , while heavily outnumbered to point out how well we were doing for a team with so many guns injured or unavailable
Ennis was pretty fair too I reckon

When I lived up the coast I would occasionally tune into ABC Newcastle's league commentary when ever the Eagles played the Knights. It was very hard knowing what was happening. The commentators described Newcastle's set in great detail and when Manly got the ball they would ignore Manly's set and go over the Knights previous set in full analytical mode. Plus and one of the co-commentators who was an ex Knights player kept calling Manly, "Manly Marringa". A little balance and intelligence helps.
Must have been like the commentary on our trial against Cronulla this year, for those who watched the live stream... I just don’t get (a) how the commentators can’t be professional and commentate the game for both sides and (b) why the networks roster on past players to commentate their past team.

Has anyone listened to ABC radio commentary from Canberra. He deadset is Uncle Arthur for those who remember Glenn Robbins character

back when gary harley did the call in newcastle he could tell you the family history of a player making his debut in first grade for the knights, but then when manly have the ball say things like 'the dummy half passes to number 8 and he gets tackled by(insert 20 second mention of knight player and short story on him).'
it was painful.
i do however recall a game that manly were smashing the knights so i turned on the radio to hear what he had to say & it was priceless. he was calling it in a monotone voice like he had just bet his life savings on the knights!

They need a video stream to the Silvertails women's commentary team for some sensible 100% Manly biased input. Can't be any worse than what channel nine subject us to.

Totally agree .... you and the rest of our Silvertails shielas are easily a cut above the average football pundit ......but we would expect nothing less from Sea Eagle gals ...

Pss.... Happy Mother's day to all you mothers and to the mothers of some of the mothers on here ....

Last edited:
I just watched the start of the footy show on 9. They had a segment regarding injuries of all the club's over the weekend.
The only comment regarding Manly was they hope to have Dylan Walker back this week.

WTF!!! It's embarrassing to rugby league how biased they are against Many!!

Brandy & anasta are the only ones that have something good to say about manly.Hate talis he doesn’t have faith in dce for origin for some reason.

Talking about Manly Broncos game on The Footy Show Fittler says the Broncos had a great win , Sterling points out to him who was out for us. Fittler says we should have selected Graham Eadie in one of his baffling attempts at humour. I don't mind Sterling as a commentator to be honest but Fittler doesn't even pass muster as an interesting idiot.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8