Cricket World Cup 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very very tough pitch to bat on, was meant to be the World Cup of roads and 350+ scores, we haven’t played on a flat one yet !!! Seamed everywhere early on then Jadeja was turning it square

A few runs short, but if it plays the same way and our seamers hit the right spots, the Indians will be working very hard for their runs
It looked like a belter didn’t it. Ian Smith said something like at or around the 43rd over, NZ had 150 dot balls. He himself said he’d been outfoxed by the look of the pitch, then the temperamental way it played.
I really enjoy his commentary. By far the most thought provoking, and entertaining of the lot.
Let’s see if a new day can bring some divine intervention for you guys.

Not necessarily in my case GE @:blush:.
I reckon I went through half a box of Panadol last night with the drums,trumpets, noise. (God, I sound like an old bastard :eek:).

Those vuvuzelas are the worst invention in the history of crappy inventions. (See, now I sound like one as well. Proudly).

Kiwis struggling but if they scramble to 250 it's something to bowl at. Damp pitch cooking away under the covers overnight, if it's overcast and cloudy today then there could be even more juice in it for the Kiwis. They may end up having the easier of the conditions yesterday - who knows. Ferguson back in is a big plus. If Boult gets it hooping then early wickets could come. But Indians have match winners with bat in Sharma, Kohli, and MS so need to bowl them out for sure. Forecast doesn't look great so may not even go the distance.

As for talk of Aussie changes - Handscomb for Khawaja no big plus or minus there, similar type of one day player. Wade for Maxwell not the worst idea given Wade's good form with the bat - goes all the way back to BBL this season. Wade can be just as dynamic with the bat as Maxwell, but maybe in a more conventional stroke making way though. Problem with dropping Maxy is that it leaves the bowling light on, especially if The Stoin breaks down. I think Maxwell will play and I really hope he fires.

Kiwis letting this slip after an amazing start. Just need one more wicket I reckon. Cmon please make my night - it’d be a perfect desert to see India get knocked out after a main course of fried cane toad.

Martin Guptill you champion. Another nail biter. Great knock from jadeja but that run out was gold. Now if we can just beat the poms

Yay the black caps!! Remarkable result, a unique sporting record for a nation.with a small population.

What a game! So the scene is set. Can we get up against the Poms and piiss them all off? Big ask, but I tipped the Kiwis, and I’m obviously on the Aussies. Poor old Ian Smith, I thought he was going to have heart failure in those last four overs.

Martin Guptill you champion. Another nail biter. Great knock from jadeja but that run out was gold. Now if we can just beat the poms
Isn’t sport amazing. Yesterday after another batting failure from him, and with the TV cameras continually throwing up close up shots of him sitting dejected and gutted in the players lounge then Fast forward 24 hours and he pulls off one of the best game changing run out dismissals you’ll ever see.

Last edited:
Crazy game. How did India lose? How did NZ win?

Oh and already India are bitching about the format, after they had the format changed from the world cup pool system of the last, because they didn't like that one either.

Whenever things don't go India's way they whinge.

I know Dhoni has a phenomenal record when it comes to chasing down scores, but last night I kept thinking when is he going to "go", instead he kept pushing it around for 1's and 2's.But you wouldn't put it past him to get the 30 from 2 especially after he uppercut that 6 first ball. Run out was the key moment

Up to us to do it tonight against Poms and set up a replay of 2015 CWC Final

Crazy game. How did India lose? How did NZ win?

Oh and already India are bitching about the format, after they had the format changed from the world cup pool system of the last, because they didn't like that one either.

Main factors are that we are gritty and played intelligent cricket. Taylor said he and williamson came together and quickly decided that it was a 240 deck, nobody else backed them with that call, but there experience shone through in the end

Also thinks it helps that we don’t play all our cricket on roads as well, Williamson and Taylor are high class averaging up around 50 in tests, and do that playing half their games on tracks that offer the bowlers something. Australia in the past 5 years has been a good example of pitches that are way too flat

Whenever things don't go India's way they whinge.

I know Dhoni has a phenomenal record when it comes to chasing down scores, but last night I kept thinking when is he going to "go", instead he kept pushing it around for 1's and 2's.But you wouldn't put it past him to get the 30 from 2 especially after he uppercut that 6 first ball. Run out was the key moment

Up to us to do it tonight against Poms and set up a replay of 2015 CWC Final

For me he bats with a shovel when he comes in and digs them some very big holes and sets that game up in a way that only he can be the hero

42 from 4 overs and he is patting it around for 2 of them, that leave in the 47th over was complete arrogance

For me he bats with a shovel when he comes in and digs them some very big holes and sets that game up in a way that only he can be the hero

42 from 4 overs and he is patting it around for 2 of them, that leave in the 47th over was complete arrogance
Yes I was thinking same thing last night - it was the same when he was out here this summer - it's like he almost needs it to be an impossible task for him to get motivated. I felt he put so much pressure on Jadeja last night by not upping the ante. Commentators are banging on about him playing intelligent cricket and turning over the strike to the man in form - but I'm thinking you're the big man here, you're the go to guy with the great record....when are you going to have a crack and break this game open. It's like he was saying to Ravi "come on smartarse show me what you can do". I reckon if they piled in for one or two overs and got a 15-20 then they get the momentum, but he seemed content with ticking over at 10. Ferguson was great at the death, there was one over there where he kept it to 3 or 4, which was crucial at the time.

I think that leave by MS you were referencing was off Ferguson - after Jadeja had smacked him down the ground for 6 he's running in thinking don't fark this up, can't afford another boundary here, gives it his all and Dhoni just watches it go by short outside off - the look on Fergusons face was priceless... he's like WTF

Lol yep that is the exact ball from Ferguson, I’m a very big fan of how he plays his cricket

I was ****ting myself when Henry had an over left, has a horrific death record and braithwaite took him for 25 a couple of weeks back but they didn’t attack him

Must admit when in the space of a few mins Jadeja had the ball boucning in front of fielders twice then edged a 4 I thought it was their day

Santner is so under rated as a white ball bowler, his RPO is phenomenal considering scoring rates these days, and last night against the best players of spin, he had 6-2-7-2, amazing spell and I thought we had missed a trick when Kane didn’t bowl himself

Last edited:
Santner was good last night. Jadeja knocked him off a couple of times with some good footwork, but if they stayed crease bound his length was impeccable.

C’mon boys. Dig deep. NZ hung in there. Smith ....this is your redemption moment.

I mentioned earlier on about how flat the pitches in australia are and a couple have already been shown up technique wise with it offering something to the bowler here

Can Maxwell put his ego away today and play a proper knock ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8