Des is staying for 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How funny is this, its a Dogs team for Round 1 of 2012....

01. Barba
02. Turner
03. Lafai
04. Morris
05. Wright
06. Reynolds
07. Hodkinson
08. Tolman
09. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Halatau
13. Stagg

14. Romelo
15. Kasiano
16. Taupau
17. Tim Browne

18. Daniel Finucane

Other options-
* Josh Jackson
* Corey Payne
* Greg Eastwood
* Bryson Goodwin
* Trent Cutler
* Grant Millington
* Kris Keating

What is funnier, the backs, the forwards or the bench.

How bad must those players mentioned as other options be.

bob dylan said:

01. Barba
02. Turner
03. Lafai
04. Morris
05. Wright
06. Reynolds
07. Hodkinson
08. Tolman
09. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Halatau
13. Stagg

14. Romelo
15. Kasiano
16. Taupau
17. Tim Browne

18. Daniel Finucane

Other options-
* Josh Jackson
* Corey Payne
* Greg Eastwood
* Bryson Goodwin
* Trent Cutler
* Grant Millington
* Kris Keating

Tooves assistant coach Kelly Egan Has now gone.The snowball has begun to roll.Who will be next this week punters?I am guessing Des,then players,then the rest of the support structure.It will all be over in a weeks time and Tooves can get on with the job of rebuilding a decimated club,all before xmas.

Belmore2011 said:
bob dylan said:

01. Barba
02. Turner
03. Lafai
04. Morris
05. Wright
06. Reynolds
07. Hodkinson
08. Tolman
09. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Halatau
13. Stagg

14. Romelo
15. Kasiano
16. Taupau
17. Tim Browne

18. Daniel Finucane

Other options-
* Josh Jackson
* Corey Payne
* Greg Eastwood
* Bryson Goodwin
* Trent Cutler
* Grant Millington
* Kris Keating

Tooves assistant coach Kelly Egan Has now gone.The snowball has begun to roll.Who will be next this week punters?I am guessing Des,then players,then the rest of the support structure.It will all be over in a weeks time and Tooves can get on with the job of rebuilding a decimated club,all before xmas.

Doubters gonna doubt
Haters gonna hate
Someone down at Brooky
Hurry shut the gate.

Belmore2011 said:
bob dylan said:

01. Barba
02. Turner
03. Lafai
04. Morris
05. Wright
06. Reynolds
07. Hodkinson
08. Tolman
09. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Halatau
13. Stagg

14. Romelo
15. Kasiano
16. Taupau
17. Tim Browne

18. Daniel Finucane

Other options-
* Josh Jackson
* Corey Payne
* Greg Eastwood
* Bryson Goodwin
* Trent Cutler
* Grant Millington
* Kris Keating

Belmore2011 said:
bob dylan said:

01. Barba
02. Turner
03. Lafai
04. Morris
05. Wright
06. Reynolds
07. Hodkinson
08. Tolman
09. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Halatau
13. Stagg

14. Romelo
15. Kasiano
16. Taupau
17. Tim Browne

18. Daniel Finucane

Other options-
* Josh Jackson
* Corey Payne
* Greg Eastwood
* Bryson Goodwin
* Trent Cutler
* Grant Millington
* Kris Keating

Doubters gonna doubt
Haters gonna hate
Someone down at Brooky
Hurry shut the gate.

J Hayne spotted with Mr P Peters @ Nulla Nulla Cafe Cronulla.Brunch perhaps?

Belmore2011 said:
bob dylan said:

01. Barba
02. Turner
03. Lafai
04. Morris
05. Wright
06. Reynolds
07. Hodkinson
08. Tolman
09. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Halatau
13. Stagg

14. Romelo
15. Kasiano
16. Taupau
17. Tim Browne

18. Daniel Finucane

Other options-
* Josh Jackson
* Corey Payne
* Greg Eastwood
* Bryson Goodwin
* Trent Cutler
* Grant Millington
* Kris Keating

Belmore2011 said:
bob dylan said:

01. Barba
02. Turner
03. Lafai
04. Morris
05. Wright
06. Reynolds
07. Hodkinson
08. Tolman
09. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Halatau
13. Stagg

14. Romelo
15. Kasiano
16. Taupau
17. Tim Browne

18. Daniel Finucane

Other options-
* Josh Jackson
* Corey Payne
* Greg Eastwood
* Bryson Goodwin
* Trent Cutler
* Grant Millington
* Kris Keating

Doubters gonna doubt
Haters gonna hate
Someone down at Brooky
Hurry shut the gate.

Bulldogs are gonna miss the 8
Their fans will be irate
Will have to buy another team
Your little poem is ****.

Look out it's Dean Ritchie. Since when did you write for the gossip section Bulldog? Oh that's right, you work for the Telegraph. It's all gossip!

Seriously that line up will put the dogs in line for the spoon. I don't hate the dogs actually I really liked their 80's brand of footy but that has long since gone.

The signing of the Pom is a positive as is adding Des and Crusher but it's a long road to haul with that pathetic 2012 line up.

When Des took over at Manly we had Menzies added Kennedy and away we went. The Stewarts Watmough Kite Matai Ballin all turned to gold. We added Lyon Perry Bell Wolfman TRex Foran Orford etc and it's been a golden run.

The dogs will need to recruit a minimum of 5 origin players to their roster to even be considered a top four chance.

I wish them luck. But I honestly think teams like the Broncos and Warriors which have a two or three year jump on them will most likely succeed Manly as the Premiership heavy weights.

bob dylan said:
Seriously that line up will put the dogs in line for the spoon. I don't hate the dogs actually I really liked their 80's brand of footy but that has long since gone.

The signing of the Pom is a positive as is adding Des and Crusher but it's a long road to haul with that pathetic 2012 line up.

When Des took over at Manly we had Menzies added Kennedy and away we went. The Stewarts Watmough Kite Matai Ballin all turned to gold. We added Lyon Perry Bell Wolfman TRex Foran Orford etc and it's been a golden run.

The dogs will need to recruit a minimum of 5 origin players to their roster to even be considered a top four chance.

I wish them luck. But I honestly think teams like the Broncos and Warriors which have a two or three year jump on them will most likely succeed Manly as the Premiership heavy weights.

your funny mate. 5 origin players? wouldnt fit in with blokes like barba, ennis, morris, graham, tolman, pritchard, eastwood who all play high rep games.

Pinning your hopes on Barba, Ennis and Morris doesn't put you in good stead for a premiership. Barba is a great attacking weapon but I wouldn't want him at Manly. Ennis is a hack. Morris was dropped to NSW Cup this year, he's hardly a world beater.

I would be surprised if Des is at the Eagles in 2012. It seems like everything is in place for him to leave, only thing holding him back is his greed. He wants to ensure he is paid for every minute. Hopefully some deal can be made because both the Eagles and the Dogs will have poor season if he doesn't jump ship asap

thedogs88 said:
your funny mate. 5 origin players? wouldnt fit in with blokes like barba, ennis, morris, graham, tolman, pritchard, eastwood who all play high rep games.

Not trying to be funny and dont take offence, but look at Manly side that won the comp this year.

Test players included 2 x Stewarts, Lyon, Wolfman, Foran, Matai, Watmough, Kite, Gualavo and King.

Then TRex and DCE become test players.

Add to that Ballin and Hopate who have played origin.

Thats 14 player of origin or test ability.

Thats what you need to win a comp, half a dozen players doesnt cut it, if it did Souths, Sharks and Roosters would be up their.

Its my opinion you guys over achieved with your squad in 2011 and have lost Ryan and Idris now.

firechild said:
Pinning your hopes on Barba, Ennis and Morris doesn't put you in good stead for a premiership. Barba is a great attacking weapon but I wouldn't want him at Manly. Ennis is a hack. Morris was dropped to NSW Cup this year, he's hardly a world beater.

You wouldn't want Barba at your club? You must be kidding.

As for the line up. I agree we arten't as strong as I would like. But when we get Foran and Williams we will certainly go up another notch.

1. Barba 2. Williams 3. Lafai 4. Morris 5. Turner 6. Foran 7. Hodkinson 8. Graham 9. Ennis 10. Tolman 11. Pritchard 12. Eastwood 13. Halatau
14. Romelo/Reynolds 15. Tapau 16. Kasiano 17. Finucane

Weak bench but should be a strong point in years to come, all the bench are future rep players. Our entire forward pack are rep players with the exception of Tolman and that will change soon. The backline boasts 3 rep players and Barba and Lafai who are future rep stars. The halves are very good and will only improve. Not a bad team. Hopefully we sign a few more and bring through some more very good juniors and we have a premiership within 2 years

Mickdog said:
1. Barba 2. Williams 3. Lafai 4. Morris 5. Turner 6. Foran 7. Hodkinson 8. Graham 9. Ennis 10. Tolman 11. Pritchard 12. Eastwood 13. Halatau

Even if you poached Foran & Williams that team would lose to the remaining Manly side. Yes, thats right, thats how ordinary your lot are.

Just goes to show that what the dogs are trying to do to the Manly club will not get them to the promised land.

Yeah Barba can play. No doubt about it.

Eastwood and Pritchard can not be paired they are too lazy in defence, I'd go as far to as to say they may not cut it under the Hasler regime. Which one of them is taking up Andrew Ryans workload.

Hopefully we sign a few more and bring through some more very good juniors and we have a premiership within 2 years
[/quote]

Lol! I think you left a 0 after the 2 champ.

lsz said:
Williams on the wing?

I think he may be referring to David Williams.

PS: Barber can attack but that's only half the skill needed to be a great player.

Mickdog said:
firechild said:

If Barba was with Manly this season he would have been watching the Premiership win from the grandstand. He needs at least a year in NSW cup learning how to defend against men.

bob dylan said:
thedogs88 said:

Not trying to be funny and dont take offence, but look at Manly side that won the comp this year.

Test players included 2 x Stewarts, Lyon, Wolfman, Foran, Matai, Watmough, Kite, Gualavo and King.

Then TRex and DCE become test players.

Add to that Ballin and Hopate who have played origin.

Thats 14 player of origin or test ability.

Thats what you need to win a comp, half a dozen players doesnt cut it, if it did Souths, Sharks and Roosters would be up their.

Its my opinion you guys over achieved with your squad in 2011 and have lost Ryan and Idris now.

If you count kite and galavaou as rep players then bloody hell stagg and halatau still are. turner also is state player, and when the hell did king play for australia ? thats a disgrace.

Dogs also had ennis out most of the year, despite what you lot say he is still a top 3 hooker with smith and farah.

You can say what you want but if the dogs had a 5/8 of forans quality it would be a title threat straigth away our props are the best props of manly/dogs our backrow isn't as good but still a fit eastwood and pritchard isn't exactly garbage. barba and morris are quality, first year and barba top try scorer, leads like breaks and tackle busts. give him a quality 5/8 with hodkinson and ennis fit and its a good spine. throw in morris who with a qualtiy 5/8 will be back to his best then some up and comers in lafai, kasiano and taupau who all looked the goods this year.

not saying its a sure thing but it certainly is a decent team on paper and with a coaching staff as good as we have secured i think its happy days ahead for us IF we can sign a quality 5/8 that is.

Mickdog said:
firechild said:

As for the line up. I agree we arten't as strong as I would like. But when we get Foran and Williams we will certainly go up another notch.

Weak bench but should be a strong point in years to come, all the bench are future rep players. Our entire forward pack are rep players with the exception of Tolman and that will change soon. The backline boasts 3 rep players and Barba and Lafai who are future rep stars. The halves are very good and will only improve. Not a bad team. Hopefully we sign a few more and bring through some more very good juniors and we have a premiership within 2 years

Wouldn't say 2 years but i think we will at least be there come semi's.

Whoever said we lost idris and ryan mate, i love bobcat for what hes done for the club true legend for the dogs, however he hasn't been the ryan he was for the past 2-3 years. plan and simple. him leaving won't hurt us that much, we will have a captain who accctually speaks which helps all teams as you see the ones that winge and carry on slow the penalties and help get some. not to mention his runs lost all damage he was good for 30 tackles a game or so and that is something we can replace via stagg, halatau or even the addition of graham!

idris was **** hot in the start of the year top centre, however after about 5-6 games he went **** and just looked completely lost and useless. i will admit i think the big unit out wide will hurt losing however if pritchard and eastwood stay fit and healthy then we can put one on each side which helps. lafai looks good in attack with speed and step and the best thing yet HE CAN TACKLE AND STOP PEOPLE GETTING OUTSIDE HIM! Idris in 3-4 years still hasn't stoped that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8