Post-Game Discussion Dragons v Manly [Round 4, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Dragons
Vs
Sea Eagles
20 WIN Stadium
30 Mar 2024 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

We can't talk about dropping Tom after one bad performance. He will be his own biggest critic and will turn it around. We do need to find a way to get Koula into space though, he is wasted getting a pass while he's stood still with a man marking him
It is criminal how we under-utilise Koula, and how we do not have structured play with Ola hitting the line at speed.

Seibs didn’t make the presser

Attachments

• IMG_7318.jpeg
    IMG_7318.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 14
Interesting stats (depending on which ones you read): Jake/DCE/Croker highest tacklers and Haumole/Paseka/Tom/Koula highest run metres. Unusual...

To me that loss was 100% on the players and not the coach.

Seibold wasn't out there dropping the ball like it was a bar of soap for about 70 minutes. He wasn't out there trying to score off of every play or throwing the ball to no one.

And what's he supposed to do, drag everyone who made mistakes?? There are only 8 interchanges and 4 bench players.......and if you saw Blacktown today you'd know that depth is a big issue.

For mine we just had one of those days you should never actually forget so you can learn from it and use it as motivation next time. We just had a really poor day out, simple.

Our right edge defence looks like breaking every time a team go there. And it always seems to start with how dce reacts.
Yeah, it would be negligent of an opposition coach not to instruct his players to run at that side of our defence all day long. It’s as close to guaranteed points as you’re ever going to get in the NRL.

Not that our other side is much better. We can’t defend kicks We can't defend shifts. We can’t defend the short ball. Basically, we can’t defend. So unless we are consistently scoring points, we are doomed.

We scored one then let in four. You are never going to win a game of footy like that.

We were terrible but they played like the Bulldogs/Terry Lambs years offside all day and refs did nothing. The teams were never apart enough and that’s why there was so many dropped balls by both teams.
None the less good teams overcome these things , and sadly we are not a good team yet.
We’ll get goods next week v Panthers 🤣
We're gonna get flogged next week, we've got no discipline, no obvious game plan and no urgency in either attack or defence. I'm getting the distinct impression that I'll never see another Manly premiership in my lifetime, my time is running out and It's depressing. After Vegas and then the Rorters I was bubbling with confidence but given the past two weeks and especially today's pathetic concession to a very ordinary Dragoons I'm sorry but this team and those whose role it is to prepare them are having a lend of us. I'm not saying that Hasler would have us playing any better, he had more than enough time to do so and failed but im beginning to think that Seibold also lacks the ability to bring out the best in this side, a side that is stacked with enough talent to win the pennant. I'm somewhat distressed and I know it's early days but recent history has me thinking that it's just more of the same. Having vented all this crap I fully expect that by next week I'll be over my depression and back cheering the Eagles on win lose or draw although with an understanding that we won't be fighting it out come early October 😊

Turbo was a weird case today.

He started with that amazing pass for the try assist, and he was running with some real venom early on. I mean, he runs well into gaps and pokes his head through as a standard every week, but his first few early runs were viscious.

Then there was the bomb he failed to contest, and a couple of errors. Suddenly, his whole mental psyche seemed to crumble before our eyes. I don’t recall seeing such a mental capitulation in a superstar within a single game before. Turbo looked mentally scarred and fragile for the rest of the game. I hope he’s ok.

He started with that amazing pass for the try assist, and he was running with some real venom early on. I mean, he runs well into gaps and pokes his head through as a standard every week, but his first few early runs were viscious.

Then there was the bomb he failed to contest, and a couple of errors. Suddenly, his whole mental psyche seemed to crumble before our eyes. I don’t recall seeing such a mental capitulation in a superstar within a single game before. Turbo looked mentally scarred and fragile for the rest of the game. I hope he’s ok.

It was Bizarre it was like Greg Norman’s collapse in the 1996 US Masters. Train wreck 😥

Nathan Brown comes on and starts sideways ball playing. WTF is that sh*t !!! His job should've been hitup hard and quick play the balls. Was this the tactics from the coach. Surely he didn't decide to do this on his own. Absolute garbage tactics that didn't change all game.
Also, he doesn't have a lot of leg drive, so while he smashes into the line he doesn't bend it, with little to no post contact meters.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Dragons: 20
Manly: 12

434325089_1013522833539298_2065847248448793093_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

laughing-lol.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Sea Eagles horror show of errors gifts victory to Dragons

‘Shocking’: Unthinkable Turbo act says it all

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:
  • No Manly players were placed on report during the game.
  • Luke Brooks (Sea Eagles) has been charged post-match by the Match Review Committee with a Grade 1 Careless High Tackle following Saturday's game. With this being his 1st Offence, he faces a $1000 fine with an early guilty plea or a $1500 fine if he chooses to fight it and loses.
* Update *
Luke Brooks has taken the early Guilty plea and has to pay a $1000 fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben T sucks. He is so blunt in attack. No power, speed or offload in his runs. Jake offers nothing in attack as well.
Unless our centres receive the ball with space, they don’t make any breaks or metres

Wow having had a few drinks out I will just say tonight that the Dragons were sh*t and Manly was x2 worse, just Wow what a game.

Me and my lady were down at a local and laughing ourselves silly, for what else was there to do? It was just ridiculous.

Honestly cannot see how Penrith do not put 40 on us next week regardless of who they put on the field or leave out.

We're gonna get flogged next week, we've got no discipline, no obvious game plan and no urgency in either attack or defence. I'm getting the distinct impression that I'll never see another Manly premiership in my lifetime, my time is running out and It's depressing. After Vegas and then the Rorters I was bubbling with confidence but given the past two weeks and especially today's pathetic concession to a very ordinary Dragoons I'm sorry but this team and those whose role it is to prepare them are having a lend of us. I'm not saying that Hasler would have us playing any better, he had more than enough time to do so and failed but im beginning to think that Seibold also lacks the ability to bring out the best in this side, a side that is stacked with enough talent to win the pennant. I'm somewhat distressed and I know it's early days but recent history has me thinking that it's just more of the same. Having vented all this crap I fully expect that by next week I'll be over my depression and back cheering the Eagles on win lose or draw although with an understanding that we won't be fighting it out come early October 😊
Seibold’s narrative in his press conference today lacked conviction and that’s exactly how they played today.
God help us next week!

By the last 20 minutes he was starting to get back involved with some good runs that almost became breaks where he was standing looking to offload. But we were just that poor today that barely anything ever came of them.

But his confidence did start to return by the end. It was noticeable. At least, I noticed it.....

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8