Dugan & Ferguson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The bloke is an idiot. But people are talking about refusing to register him just because of what he said? I don't want him at Manly, but how does what he said compare with what Gasnier & Minichello said when they were on official state of origin duty? From memory they were stood down for one match (only).

It is a tough

Clearly the guy has some issues . Much like barba I wonder what role playing should take in his rehab / sorting out his issues

For someone who has only played his whole life I am not sure not playing is the best solution (even if it is non NRL )

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
eagles2win said:
Matabele said:
The problem is there is no real consequence for clowns like Dugan. If the NRL bars him he will get more money playing French rugby.

Also a little thing called restraint of trade

The club grant is more than than the salary cap, so technically the top 25 players from each club can be employees of the NRL and sub-contract to each club.

If the NRL had a contract with each top 25 employee, then they should centrally performance manage and be beld accoutable for consistetly investigating innapropriate behaviour. Once charged, the nrl should leave the matter to the police and treat the player as innocent until proven guilty. If they have not broken the law, but have violated the employment contract, then good-bye to the likes of Dugan and fat chance of returning to any club until the nrl sees fit. At a minimum, players cannot return until their previous contract would have expired.

It's not a restraint of trade under these circumstances. Here is a reminder of who actually pays the top 25 players:

As of 2013 the club grant is $7.1 million which covers the salary cap of $5.85 million for the top twenty-five players at each club. The salary cap will increase to $6.3 million in 2014, $6.55 million in 2015, $6.8 million by 2016 and $7 million in 2017.[3]The minimum wage from 2013 onwards is $80,000 for the top twenty-five players.[4]

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The bloke is an idiot. But people are talking about refusing to register him just because of what he said? I don't want him at Manly, but how does what he said compare with what Gasnier & Minichello said when they were on official state of origin duty? From memory they were stood down for one match (only).

I'm not

I've said he shouldn't play NRL again this season for the way he went about getting himself sacked from the Raiders, it was planned and deliberate and he shouldn't be allowed to just walk into another NRL club straight after that

Make him play reserve grade this year then next year he can go with anyone. If he goes to union or ESl he needs to serve a year in reggies before playing nrl

Rugby league is a funny thing. You can't play if you flip the bird. But if you organise gang bangs, abuse cocaine for the length of your career or racially vilify people we'll give you your own show and/or a microphone and/or make you an immortal.

Matabele said:
Rugby league is a funny thing. You can't play if you flip the bird. But if you organise gang bangs, abuse cocaine for the length of your career or racially vilify people we'll give you your own show and/or a microphone and/or make you an immortal.

It's a very hypocritical game but it reflects society. A lot of assholes who shouldn't have squat in their lives are made out to be heroes and role models in society. Just look at politicians, hollywood actors,high profile sports people, music industry all over the world.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2