Enjoy the new site

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
At this stage I'm leaning towards alternate view. Seems less "white" and easier to navigate.

Hi All,

If you go to your profile and change the settings for the style to "Alternate Silvertails" you can try out the first of the new themes and let me know your thoughts

@Fluffy
@Brett#1
@EagleFromMay1967
Ok, "Alternate Silvertails" is definitely better. Bearable. Another week or two, and things will be dandy i hope. But still there are many issues, not least of which is the slowness of execution on Android phones.
Dan, Weren't you gonna do some kind of mobile version interface ?

Ok, "Alternate Silvertails" is definitely better. Bearable. Another week or two, and things will be dandy i hope. But still there are many issues, not least of which is the slowness of execution on Android phones.
Dan, Weren't you gonna do some kind of mobile version interface ?

No I won't be adding a mobile theme now as both of these work as mobile themes and a mobile theme won't chsnge any load profiling.

I have run tests on the site on the following devices.

- Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 (wifi)
- Samsung Galaxy s3 (wifi and 4g.. Wifi at home and work)
- htc one (wifi and 4g)
- iPhone 5s

Not one of them presents issues with speed or making the phone get hot, there is nothing in the code that would do that.

The only thing I can think is that you have old links that you are using to get to the site, this is triggering a redirect each time as the url scheme is different, that could be making it slower.

If you also have some kind of antivirus or firewall it may be that the redirect are forcing it to be filtered which causes higher process stress on your phone and that would increase heat, all of which is nothing that I can do on this end to fix.

My advice would be to clear the cache and cookies on your phone and then go directly to the Silvertails url.

I'm pretty tired and grumpy today so my message will be pretty short here in that "many many problems" is an exaggeration and more likely a reaction to change than it is to here being any issues. The vast majority so not have any of these issues and I have had independent testers on various devices operating systems and browsers looking at it for us.

Is your android phone connected to wifi or are you relying on Australia's famously bad mobile network?

@Fluffy excellent this theme has slightly less overheads which is better for older browsers, the backend is the same and you only loss a handful of features you likely wouldn't have noticed.

This theme is certainly an homage to the old design and moving away from current design trends, but if it functions for you then I'm happy

@Rodo I'll add tweaks like that later on, it's not hard just requires some modifications

For now though I need to setup the tipping comp and code a few new bits and bobs like player of the year

Cheers Dan.

Seriously the previous theme seemed to be trying too hard, this one seems a good balance

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Someone's been up all night with a ruler. There's more defining lines on the new theme (not the alternate)

:)

Is it an improvement for you?
On one hand....it's easier to see the delineation between posts which is good.

But we're back looking like the 1990's (which I'm thinking some people prefer).

However....I'm a strange barrel of lungfish and usually adapt to things pretty quickly so either or.

(must be the libran in me)

FTR - I was still using the new format and not the alternate one. I get the feeling most will prefer the alternate or this one than the shiny new one - their choice (obv).

• 👍
On one hand....it's easier to see the delineation between posts which is good.

But we're back looking like the 1990's (which I'm thinking some people prefer).

However....I'm a strange barrel of lungfish and usually adapt to things pretty quickly so either or.

(must be the libran in me)

FTR - I was still using the new format and not the alternate one. I get the feeling most will prefer the alternate or this one than the shiny new one - their choice (obv).
I don't love the lines it defeats the purpose, I'll make them a little more subtle I think.

I'm also easily adaptive and let go easily. In also libran though...

*libran high five!

I really am amazed when some people go to so much effort to please everyone, and then there is nothing but complaints. Think of the costs and the effort.

Less complaining, More compliments and more donations.
Thanks mate no donations needed it's a labour of love and my own sadomadochistic desires haha.

I don't need sleep anyway :)

Huge improvements on the mobile for me, thanx Dan. Has gone from very frustrating and hard to use to closer to what it was now and looks good

• 👍
I don't love the lines it defeats the purpose, I'll make them a little more subtle I think.

I'm also easily adaptive and let go easily. In also libran though...

*libran high five!

Thanks mate no donations needed it's a labour of love and my own sadomadochistic desires haha.

I don't need sleep anyway :)

I don't look at is as complaining, more like providing valuable feedback. ;)

I think it's great we have a couple of options now, that should satisfy pretty much everyone. You are a machine Dan.

• 👍
Thanks mate desperately awaiting the kid sleeping through the night. Running on max 5 hours sleep a night

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10