EPL Thread 2009/2010

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Problem is we normally have Dave Carney at left back (essentially a winger) and Luke Wilkshire......

All that said Vinny Grella can clean up pretty well...big worry is goals and depth

Back to the EPL and City's Mark Hughes has been sacked. Former Inter Milan coach Roberto Mancini will take over.
Man United down 3-0 to Fulham. Chelsea face West Ham and could go 6 pts clear.
Gunners smash Hull 3-0 after some recent poor games. Still have a game in hand that could put them to second.
Liverpool's aspirations this year must surely have been snuffed out with the 2-0 loss to Portsmouth. That is 13 pts behind Chelsea and could be 16 by tomorrow morning.
Spurs and Villa got home and make up the top 5.

Well done Hammers (a draw against Chelski), it keeps the comp interesting. Birmingham jump Liverpool. Everton is having a sick season. Bolton will be desperate to beat Wigan.

And you wonder why i am frustrated as a hammers fan...draw with Chelski get toweled up at bolton!

lsz link said:
And you wonder why i am frustrated as a hammers fan...draw with Chelski get toweled up at bolton!
It is frustrating but try being a Leeds United fan and getting excited about results in League 1 (after some dismal years and then two years in a row when they made the play-offs to fall at the last hurdle)

Hey Canteen i heard they were going well (4 points clear with a game in hand???)

lsz link said:
Hey Canteen i heard they were going well (4 points clear with a game in hand???)
True - looking good at near the halfway point of the season but a long way to go.

Playing Man U in the FA Cup Round 3 on Jan 3 too - not sure if at Elland Rd or Old Trafford.

It is a happy Xmas for Isz - Hammers beat Portsmouth and climb out of the bottom 3. Spurs and Chelsea both get a draw and miss on 2 points and 'Pool finally get a good result against a 10 man Wolves.

Very happy...a nice xmas present

Who do Manu have next? Will be interesting with Chelski - around this time last year they started to fad......will they do the same?

Are the hammers still in for a chance of the top 4.....

Awesome result by the Gunners against Villa. Villa hadn't lost a game in almost 2 months and last 4 were wins and have beaten Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool this year and they were confident. Gunners stuffed 4 huge chances in the first 12 mins and you felt Villa could get on top through luck. 0-0 at HT and then a second-half substitution of Fabregas coming off the bench made the difference. 2 great goals by him in 28 mins and a 3-0 finish by Diaby. Gunners 13 on goal shots to 3 and it really was no contest for the whole game. Back down the table you pretenders :)

That first goal from Febregras was all class.

Rooney was awesome for united in there game, the pass to setup Berbatov was pure orgasmic. Bought a smile to my face for more than a few minutes.

Out of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd i like Utd and the Gunners for the title.

There are some top finishers. Rooney is a standout, along with Gerrard, Torres, Drogba, van Persie and Arsharvin, as some of my faves. Fabregas has stepped up 3 levels this year.

There is talk of Bellamy going from City to the Gunners in January. He is playing as well as ever and would be a great addition. Eduardo, Nasri and Bendtner just aren't consistent enough yet.

our top 4 surge has stalled (thanks to spurs)

This is where it gets interesting
Chelski lose players to african nations
Gunners lose cesc for up to a month (if not more)
United start to get some players back...

As for Spain yes they can win but it is a world cup - who knows!

ManlyBacker link said:
There are some top finishers. Rooney is a standout, along with Gerrard, Torres, Drogba, van Persie and Arsharvin, as some of my faves. Fabregas has stepped up 3 levels this year.
Add Tevez to that list.

And Bellamy isn't going anywhere.
There is talk of Bellamy going from City to the Gunners in January. He is playing as well as ever and would be a great addition. Eduardo, Nasri and Bendtner just aren't consistent enough yet.

Villa are on the skids after the Gunners spanking, down 0-1 to Liverpool.
Fabregas out for possibly three weeks.
Giggs has signed for another year. He had his League debut in March 1991 and been a regular since 1992 collecting 11 Premier League winner's medals along the way - awesome .
Some of the lower team coaches must be feeling nervous - 3 points between teams 12 to 19.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8