EPL Thread 2009/2010

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
FA Cup results and CW's Leeds wakes up to a big, big win over Zep's Fergie Faders :)
MB and Mata get a reprieve after being one down against the Isz' Hammers with Gunners getting the win 2-1.

I was following the game online... Even with a slightly less experienced midfield it was expected that Man Utd would have won. Alas, another trophy available to other people. :mad:

In a way i am glad we are out now (rather than in a couple of weeks) we need all hands on deck....

Zep link said:
I was following the game online... Even with a slightly less experienced midfield it was expected that Man Utd would have won. Alas, another trophy available to other people. :mad:

yiiieew, leeds foreverrr

devo some big games got cancelled this week..

horrifying stuff :( and this was supposed to be the "woo, africa, we're totally a football powerhouse now" year with the world cup and all..

Just awful - and it is a fantastic tournament....look at 4-4 draw today as an example

Just have to crow that Leeds beat Manew at Old Trafford, bringing back memories of the old days. Great moment and Fergo's whingeing was totally predictable. Bring on Spurs in the next round.

One all home draw with Wycombe Wanderers in League One brought it back to earth.

Lucas Neill linked with $1.4m Turkey deal
Andrew Prentice Manly Daily

THE future of Manly-Warringah junior Lucas Neill is again up in the air.

The Socceroos skipper has been linked with a move to Turkey, less than six months before the World Cup kicks-off in South Africa.

After signing with English Premier League club Everton in September, the Wakehurst junior has endured an unhappy time at Goodison Park.

The former West Ham defender could now be tempted by a lucrative $1.4 million offer from Turkish giants Galatasary, The Times of London reported on-line on Wednesday.

If a deal is reached, it would allow Neill the opportunity to play alongside Socceroos teammate Harry Kewell. Kewell has recently revived his career in Turkey’s Super Lig after an injury-plagued stint with Liverpool.

Having signed on a free transfer less than four months ago from West Ham, Neill was expected to shore up the Toffees’ defence, but has failed to cement a regular first team spot.

-----

The fact that he was responsible for deflecting both goals for the Gunners on the weekend wouldn't have helped!

so much is happening, i love it!

lsz link said:
ahahahahahahahah

Pool out of the cup to Reading.....

LOL i love the giant killings in the FA cup!

Lucas Neill linked with $1.4m Turkey deal
Andrew Prentice Manly Daily

THE future of Manly-Warringah junior Lucas Neill is again up in the air.

The Socceroos skipper has been linked with a move to Turkey, less than six months before the World Cup kicks-off in South Africa.

After signing with English Premier League club Everton in September, the Wakehurst junior has endured an unhappy time at Goodison Park.

The former West Ham defender could now be tempted by a lucrative $1.4 million offer from Turkish giants Galatasary, The Times of London reported on-line on Wednesday.

If a deal is reached, it would allow Neill the opportunity to play alongside Socceroos teammate Harry Kewell. Kewell has recently revived his career in Turkey’s Super Lig after an injury-plagued stint with Liverpool.

Having signed on a free transfer less than four months ago from West Ham, Neill was expected to shore up the Toffees’ defence, but has failed to cement a regular first team spot.

-----

The fact that he was responsible for deflecting both goals for the Gunners on the weekend wouldn't have helped!

It's a good buy for Gala. Despite what happened on the weekend, hes a good player, and cos everton havent given him good game time he'll qualify to play for Gala in Europe  ;)

Just have to crow that Leeds beat Manew at Old Trafford, bringing back memories of the old days. Great moment and Fergo's whingeing was totally predictable. Bring on Spurs in the next round.

One all home draw with Wycombe Wanderers in League One brought it back to earth.

we had a sucky record against manure at old trafford and we won, we have a sucky record at white hart lane, so i hope history repeats itself!

we were always going to crash at wycombe. its cool, we've still got a game in hand and are in a comfortable lead for now.

No Torres

No Gerrard

No Benayoun

Where will the pool go from here? There is hope for a hammers fan yet....

City went down to Everton 0-2. Not surprised as the Toffees played very well against the Gunners last weekend. I didn't see this one but Cahill was very impressive and hopefully will be a big part of our World Cup effort. Spurs (Hull) and Liverpool (Stoke) only managed draws so the top 3 are starting to get away. If the Gunners dont get all 3 points against Bolton then it could be a race in 2.

United and Chelsea both posted big wins, with the Blues smacking home 7 goals against Sunderland.

No sign of CliffyIsGod - nice win by City over the neighbours and Tevez scored both goals.

West Ham has joined some of the other Premiership teams in the basket case category:
"DAVID Sullivan laid bare the full scale of the financial meltdown at West Ham United after taking control of the club yesterday.
Sullivan blamed the Icelandic former owners for the spiralling debt - which he estimated could be as much as £110 million ($200 million) - as a result of excessive spending on transfers and wages and borrowing against future income.
Full story http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/david-sullivan-unveils-scale-of-crisis-at-west-ham-united/story-e6frg7mf-1225821510585

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8