First Trial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i thought foran showed intent early to run the show and thats good news of it is the new norm
lawntons service was meh but his defence was massive. i wish he were our 13
still too many props and too few backrowers

was nice to see the young players like koula and weekes get game time. was 28 fulton. he looked lively

i thought burbo and tippy toes were so much better in term 2 due to increased involvement. one wonders why tippy toes or "wig" didnt get a shot last year but he was pretty unimpressive in the few televised games i saw.

it seems tippy toes was a hair bear bunch tragic

Very good performance highlighting the quality of our depth which includes some very talented youngsters. Best depth we have had for a long time. Well done Des giving the youngsters plenty of game time. Our prospects season 2022 are very very good. Winning is important psychologically and I am pleased we started on a winning note.

Couldn "t help but be impressed with the quality of some of the young guns coming through , just a positive all round not only for the depth factor but again some serious talent to push for i st grade spots . Raiders apparently went O K last night so maybe a bigger test for next weeks hit out but some excellent prospects for sure . Thought that Oloka - atu was the pick of the forwards in the i st half , Keppie probably not suited to the 13 role and sure that he can be better back to a prop role . Marty seemed to be running with a bit more intent , Bulemor went well and Paseka some really good yardage when he was out there and good defensively . Looks set for a good season . Maybe Davey can get a run next week . D C E and Foz still a i st class half "s pairing . Tippy Toes seemed a stand out , certainly exceeded my expectations . Hopefully the good team [ or largely ] good team form can continue against the Raiders who again may be a step up in class .

Never been more optimistic after that trial , the exciting thing was the young players in the second half they where out there to impress and boy did they . It will be interesting to see what Manly do with a couple of them Weekes etc but it’s just looking very good for the future.🦅🦅🦅🦅

Our 1st grade team beat theirs and our second string team beat their one. Lots of good junior manly players, but remember they didn’t play against the first half team. I say this because I am sensing standing ovations from some of you!
I remained seated @:D
But that is a good point, I even don't know if there were any NRL players in the Tigpies second half side, which looked more and more outmatched as the game went on.

It's a balancing act. Promote a kid with potential before they're ready, and A grade can give em scars which sets em back big time.

He has speed, a great gift.

But not convinced just yet.

DES was always keen to get a good look at Burbo in that first trial.

Will be interesting to see who gets the time to shine next week.

2nd half the dummy halves and halves kept pulling the strings. Humphrey, eiken, weekes, gckt.

Koula at fullback ran well, but I noticed his ball distribution right to left was a bit iffy, threw a forward one, then a pass to no one at one point. In the centres he was better, couple of assists setting up the winger Suzanne.

Weekes moved from 5:8 to fullback and was a bit more accomplished there than koula, good passes, kicking game, backed up and didn’t panic when he made the long break. Plenty of young guys would have pushed a pass there.

One aspect no-one has mentioned is the meddling from the Bunker once a "try" has been scored. There were three no-tries due to 'interference', so there is going to be plenty of disappointment from fans during the season as The Bunker denies a 'try' long after one has been awarded.
Decisions are now being made on black-and-white laws with common sense rulings a thing of the past.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8