Fixing front row problem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
Hate to mess with a balanced team, but moving Jake back to the front row and having Frank at 13 is not a bad solution to the Darcy ankle issue... frees up some bench space for Tanginoa (maybe instead of Lewis) and Sipley.

Poor ole Leeewy brown cops it . Id be giving Sipley ago somewhere , big body and is hungry , im not sold on big Frank honesty.

If the Carney deal falls over wonder if we’d have the cash to go for Aiden Tolman.

Experienced , reasonable worker been through the Storm system so that can’t hurt.
I think Mark that our priority is 6 at the moment , but Tolman would be good . In saying that i think our forward stocks are in good shape . Just my opinion .

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
Tolman is the no. 1 prop in the NRL according to Des and his book of statistics.

Sign Carney and Tolman. Get rid of Lewis Brown.

Tolman is the no. 1 prop in the NRL according to Des and his book of statistics.

Sign Carney and Tolman. Get rid of Lewis Brown.
Agree on Tolman and Carney. Unfortunately moving Lewis won't return us any $. I would move Hastings to get the extra 100k or so needed to get Tolman. We have backup in Croker, Metcalf, Cust and Fainu, we don't need him.
I'm sure some will disagree but that's what opinions are all about.

Carney will only be 100k this year.

Last edited:
8 and 13 aren't really different roles at all these days with the way most teams set up, with both playing in the middle of the field rather than the lock being a bit wider creating so it is a bit irrelevant really
Going by that logic you are saying Frank to 8

Agree on Tolman and Carney. Unfortunately moving Lewis won't return us any $. I would move Hastings to get the extra 100k or so needed to get Tolman. We have backup in Croker, Metcalf, Cust and Fainu, we don't need him.
I'm sure some will disagree but that's what opinions are all about.

Carney will only be 100k this year.
I think you will find that Lewy would be on alot more coin than hastings . Brown was wanted by Barrett , hastings came on the cheap.

I don't understand how anyone could think that we are not short in the front row....

It's an illusion; because we all discuss the squad in depth on this forum, no-names becomes house hold names to us...but these players are nobodies in the NRL...

Most NRL fans have never heard of Sipley but our fans are talking him up because he is a "big unit". He is not going to just jump into first grade and blow everyone away because he looked big and strong in a trial. He is probably not without potential, but he is a nuffie at the moment. Other clubs are going in with hard nosed experienced front rows...we are going in with Taupau and to a lesser extend AFB and some players that only register on our forum because we are passionate fans.

The likes of Sipley, Paseka and Tanginoa, etc. Perrett is yet to really get anywhere near the potential expected of him. Sipley was released by the Warriors, Paseka hasn't made his FG debut and Tanginoa was only offered a 1 year contract (that's how sure the club are that he has the goods).

We are holding our breath over a bunch of untried rookies who are still plying their trade whilst the likes of the Storm, Roosters and Cowboys go in with rich experience and talent. We have to play these teams you know!

I think you will find that Lewy would be on alot more coin than hastings . Brown was wanted by Barrett , hastings came on the cheap.

Yeah, I know that, wasn't what I mean't mate.

Nobody will buy Brown so our recoup would be $zero and MAYBE we can offload Hastings for 100k.

I think Brown is on around 300k, so maybe we could subsidise him for 200k and save ourselves 100k.

Our front row is the least problem
We can add Jake - Kapow - AFB.....oops maybe not much after that....Perrett is good with more Agro and Paseka just a big kid....will go ok up the guts but can understand questions....

Last edited:
Sipley looks big, but his runs were slow and had no punch. I hope he can play better then he did against the sharks.
I really like AFB coming off the bench rather then starting. I hope Perret lifts his game this year, if Perret can even show a glimpse of what he did when he burst into the scene at the dogs then we might be ok

Should of picked up James Graham when we had the chance

Sipley looks big, but his runs were slow and had no punch. I hope he can play better then he did against the sharks.
I really like AFB coming off the bench rather then starting. I hope Perret lifts his game this year, if Perret can even show a glimpse of what he did when he burst into the scene at the dogs then we might be ok

Should of picked up James Graham when we had the chance
Tolman is better tackler than graham. Averages 35 or more per match. But he is, alas, no world beater.

Lane is looking at playing more middle forward this year and could be capable in that role. In fact I'd guess that Darcy's injury has put Lane firmly into contention for a bench spot v Knights.
We'll soon know Barrett's thoughts as he wants to run out his top 17 next trial.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8