Fixing front row problem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Off to the Goldy by the sounds. But I almost think Tolman is a good fit. It's the asking price which has me concerned. When Des back ends. He back ends.

We have our over the advantage line guys. Tolman is an experienced cat. He would tackle and hit it up all day and I am not sure we wouldn't better for someone just unnoticeably doing that.

I'll say this really quietly, but I actually think we lost a little something after June 30 when Myles left. It wasn't massive, but defensively around the ruck he kept us a little tighter then we were at seasons end.

If we didn't have to release anyone for Tolman and Carney. We would be a better squad for it.

Hate to mess with a balanced team, but moving Jake back to the front row and having Frank at 13 is not a bad solution to the Darcy ankle issue... frees up some bench space for Tanginoa (maybe instead of Lewis) and Sipley.
I'd rather place Tanginoa at 13. Then it's not too bad a change at all

Frank goes ok when he has the ball. It his work rate which is complete ****. If he can fix that area of his game. He will be gun.

Tanginoa is not capable of ball playing. He knows himself that his strengths are taking the ball and running hard with it; leave the thinking to others.

That's one of the reasons why we probably won't see Jake T moved from lock to prop (although nothing is certain in this world)...Baz loves his ability to use the ball and although he could still use the ball as a prop, it means someone else needs to take the dirty hit ups...it might as well be the player with 8 on their back that's been told not to pass.

Signing an experienced forward to lead the youngsters doesn’t always work...remember Nate Myles?

Who’s this Nate Myles you speak of???

Signing an experienced forward to lead the youngsters doesn’t always work...remember Nate Myles?

Who’s this Nate Myles you speak of???
No relation to a Mr Plod . [ Actually in a few matches prior to the S O O series last year ,Nate had some solid efforts for Manly .]

Well it appears that Baz's solution to our prop situation is to attempt to move both/either Frankie or Lane there ...

This is a bold move and potentially very beneficial.

It could also be an indication of this years strategy ..... fast, mobile middle ... ????

I hope so, with 4 forwards on the bench... at least for the first half dozen rounds or so while it's HOT.
Not so concerned with the number of forwards on the bench as I am about their composition ... Frankie or Lane moving to the middle is a big play .... changes many things including our possible combinations and possible game tactics .. interesting

Sufficient line speed should not be an issue for the bench forwards tonight with their mobility and if they all time their runs right and run hard , they could be a handful . Maybe not so many block plays for Frank like last season and he may have the biggest adjustment to make

Stat Attack: NRL's surprise post-contact king
Author
Dan Walsh
Timestamp
Mon 26 Feb 2018
When it comes to those all-important post-contact metres that bend the defensive line and sap serious energy in the process, the NRL's usual suspects abound.

Metre-eating big men Jason Taumalolo, David Klemmer, Paul Gallen and Marty Taupau churn through 60-plus metres after contact a game, while bustling wingers Josh Mansour and Corey Oates do likewise coming out of trouble.

But when it comes to the most potent per individual run, it's one of the game's up and comers that leads the way.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles prop Addin Fonua-Blake is 22 years old, 118 kilos wide and a hell of a handful, averaging an NRL-best 5.16 post-contact metres with each carry last year.

With 94.6 running metres a game and 55 tackle busts in 2017, the former St George Illawarra Dragons forward also provided plenty of quality at a reasonable quantity from the Sea Eagles bench.

His form led to a New Zealand Test debut at the World Cup, a more than fitting reward for more than matching the game's most damaging ball-runners.

An unfortunate ankle injury to Darcy Lussick now also opens the door for Fonua-Blake to claim a starting role for Manly in round one, though his ability to push through tacklers may well diminish if he's facing a fresh opposition.

stats_post-contact-metres.jpg

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/26/stat-attack-manly-sea-eagles-addin-fonua-blake-a-league-leader/

That's one of the reasons why we probably won't see Jake T moved from lock to prop (although nothing is certain in this world)...Baz loves his ability to use the ball and although he could still use the ball as a prop, it means someone else needs to take the dirty hit ups...it might as well be the player with 8 on their back that's been told not to pass.

Sorry mate, that makes no sense at all. Can be a ball player at lock or prop. Purely depends on the skill set. Marty a great example. And Artie Beetson wasn’t too far off the pace as the greatest ball playing prop there was.

Last edited:
Well it appears that Baz's solution to our prop situation is to attempt to move both/either Frankie or Lane there ...

This is a bold move and potentially very beneficial.

It could also be an indication of this years strategy ..... fast, mobile middle ... ????

Lane looks a little apprehensive at times, playing him up the middle doing the tough stuff hopefully unlocks his obvious potential.

I "d prefer Lane as mainly an edge runner but with the injury to Darcy and Perrett and Sipley apparently not totally in favour for i st grade selection recently , no reason why he should not have a hit out there . If Baz can get the best out of him now and maybe in future seasons for Manly , whether he plays in the middle or a bit wider really would not be an issue as of course at his best he can be a real asset .

In the NRL news article they named Lane in the top 10 in metres gained, does anyone know where he sits on tackles made and / or missed tackles? With AFB my concern with starting him at prop, will that lesson his ability to gain metres? If so the JT goes to prop. Then Lock becomes open? But the old adage "don't weaken something to fix something!"

Sorry mate, that makes no sense at all. Can be a ball player at lock or prop. Purely depends on the skill set. Marty a great example. And Artie Beetson wasn’t too far off the pace as the greatest ball playing prop there was.
I can see the point that you are making in general but i think that the specific reference here is the ball out the back from a 13 in set plays . Manly are quite well served at present with the likes of Marty . A F B, a fit Perrett and maybe even Sipley with off loading ability in the middle but there is only probably Jake and Siro who can provide the ball out the back requirements from the back row playing positions ,

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10