Fixing front row problem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Lane was surprisingly effective in the middle last Saturday against the Roosters. He looked pretty strong, didn’t miss any tackles, and made decent inroads when he ran the ball. Frankie seemed to be playing back row more than as a middle forward, so couldn’t really judge how he’d go there. They’re both big enough though.

Sorry mate, that makes no sense at all. Can be a ball player at lock or prop. Purely depends on the skill set. Marty a great example. And Artie Beetson wasn’t too far off the pace as the greatest ball playing prop there was.
Well it makes sense to people on the coaching staff because they told me this.

8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Api Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Shaun Lane
12. Joel Thompson
13. Curtis Sironen

14. A. Fonua-Blake
15. Lloyd Perret
16. Winterstein/Tanginoa
17. Utility (anyone but Brown)

Still looks a solid forward with Jakey boy at prop to me. Does Siro at 13 really weaken the pack? I'd prefer Siro at 13 than Thompson. If it's only until Lussick is back, I can't see the problem with Jake at fill in prop.

I see no problem with:
8. A. Fonua-Blake
9. Api Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Curtis Sironen
12. Joel Thompson
13.Jake Trbojevic

14. Shaun Lane
15. Lloyd Perrett
16. Winterstein
17. Tanganoa

It will be hot and draining.

Go forward is irreplaceable!
We will smash opposition packs this year with the firepower we have and it will go a long way towards a strong september appearance.

This pack will be feared and Darcy WILL add to it round 2.

Start it that way right off the bat and it's a HUGE "go forward" waste to carry a utility for the 24 games a year you don't NEED one or they contribute little.

How often out of the 200 odd games a year does a utility make a REAL difference?

How often does a running forward come off the bench and make a REAL IMPACT, creating momentum, setting the tone?

A fresh hard-running and hard-defending forward is worth 3 utilities, at least, over the course of a season.

Last edited:
I can see AFB having a massive year this year. He’s showing more leadership. He’s looking like Canberra’s Junior Paulo when he got really fit for a boxing match and he’s playing better than him these days too!
I’ve noticed a few people mention Shaun Lane as a prop.. I always pictured him an edge backrower but I suppose they could try turn him into a work rate prop like they did with Matt Prior and Brent Kite if he’s still not clicking in the back row towards the end of year?

I see no problem with:
8. A. Fonua-Blake
9. Api Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Curtis Sironen
12. Joel Thompson
13.Jake Trbojevic

14. Shaun Lane
15. Lloyd Perrett
16. Winterstein
17. Tanganoa

It will be hot and draining.

Go forward is irreplaceable!
We will smash opposition packs this year with the firepower we have and it will go a long way towards a strong september appearance.

This pack will be feared and Darcy WILL add to it round 2.

Start it that way right off the bat and it's a HUGE "go forward" waste to carry a utility for the 24 games a year you don't NEED one or they contribute little.

How often out of the 200 odd games a year does a utility make a REAL difference?

How often does a running forward come off the bench and make a REAL IMPACT, creating momentum, setting the tone?

A fresh hard-running and hard-defending forward is worth 3 utilities, at least, over the course of a season.
Yeah,don't think our go forward will be a problem,when you look at other teams we are well stocked.Some have more depth but are short on experience(Broncos),some have experience but are short on talent in their depth or lack depth(Roosters/Sharks).Even the Storm who have Bromwich/Glasby/Kasiano/Solomona have no one with much experience or ability past those guys(P.Kaufusi/Welch). Glasby is not exactly awe inspiring,Kasiano is becoming injury ridden and Solomona has not proven he can handle starting a match.Yes we have some guys who have not proven themselves to all be Mark Carrolls or Brent Kites,but I think we are better than many believe.

I can see AFB having a massive year this year. He’s showing more leadership. He’s looking like Canberra’s Junior Paulo when he got really fit for a boxing match and he’s playing better than him these days too!
I’ve noticed a few people mention Shaun Lane as a prop.. I always pictured him an edge backrower but I suppose they could try turn him into a work rate prop like they did with Matt Prior and Brent Kite if he’s still not clicking in the back row towards the end of year?
In the barrett Post match interview he counts jetski and winerstein as the backrowers, did he then mean lane and Tangenoa are props? He didnt call them props but refered to them differently.

Last edited:
In the barrett Post match interview he counts jetski and winerstein as the backrowers, did he then mean lane and Tangenoa are props? He didnt call them props but refered to them differently.
YEah, that is how it seemed to pan out during the game. TBH we only had Lane and Tanga as middle forwards for a while (plus Jake of course which counts as two players anyway) and they did a surprisingly good job. Tanginoa looks exactly the sort of impact forward you need coming off the bench, he runs like a demon and wants to smash people in defence.

Are they the same people who told you Hastings had been banished out to Blacktown to train?
No I saw that bit with my own eyes...not sure why you would doubt it. He got sent home from FG training and did a couple of sessions with Blacktown...not sure why that's so hard to believe...No one said anything about him being banished forever?!

I know people get information from friends of friends but I'm not imparting that type of information. I sent Chip and Chase a PM about Lloyd Perrett's collapse about 6 weeks before it became public...I'm clearly not making things up.

Somehow I knew we were signing a young half with 1 FG game to his, enter Lachlan Croker. Somehow I knew we were signing a player we chased hard, pulled out, then revisitied. Enter Joel Thompson.

I can't very well spell everything out because it's disrespectful to the club but I try and lead other passionate fans to information they may be interested in, without compromising the integrity of the organisation at the same time.

If you choose to believe that I am posting falsities, that's totally fine...but you don't need to take time out of your day to put me down...find something more constructive to do.

Last edited:
No I saw that bit with my own eyes...not sure why you would doubt it. He got sent home from FG training and did a couple of sessions with Blacktown...not sure why that's so hard to believe...No one said anything about him being banished forever?!

I know people get information from friends of friends but I'm not imparting that type of information. I sent Chip and Chase a PM about Lloyd Perrett's collapse about 6 weeks before it became public...I'm clearly not making things up.

Somehow I knew we were signing a young half with 1 FG game to his, enter Lachlan Croker. Somehow I knew we were signing a player we chased hard, pulled out, then revisitied. Enter Joel Thompson.

I can't very well spell everything out because it's disrespectful to the club but I try and lead other passionate fans to information they may be interested in, without compromising the integrity of the organisation at the same time.

If you choose to believe that I am posting falsities, that's totally fine...but you don't need to take time out of your day to put me down...find something more constructive to do.
Thanks Snake keep posting I appreciate it!

Yes I can confirm that @Snake did have a discussion with me about Perrett long before his issues were made public. @Smokin Joe I find your insights and information as equally as worthwhile and appreciated as those from @Snake so i don't want to see you guys get in a pi$$ing competition about who knows what.

From my point of view as a sausage roll eating nuffie who gets no mail, I'm happy to take on board what you pair offer up, as you both clearly have some good contacts. Don't want either of you to feel you can't share through the forum (within the bounds of maintaining confidences of course) for fear of criticism or the odd "miss". Both of you keep up the good work, I certainly appreciate it as I'm sure many others do.

It’s obvious to me you know what your talking about snake. Whenever I see your name pop up I focus instead of skimming through. But I respectfully have to disagree with your opinion that we are short on front rowers. I’m super excited about our pack. I straight up disagree with anyone suggesting we move Jake back to prop. He was picked as the Australian lock. That’s his spot, in my opinion at least. I love our backrow. Marty was one of the best props last year, and considering AFB is what 22? I’m optimistic he can step up this year as a quality prop! Through in lussick, tanginoa, sipley, lane, jack G, Frank the tank as depth and it’s easily the best pack we have had in recent memory, again, in my humble opinion!!!

A light-hearted dig and you view it as a putdown?I know you post some good info but people who like to tell everyone that they do.........,jokes are constructive,they keep peoples egos in check.By the way,I get called out on things and have no problem with it,I argue my point if I believe it,but I get over it...

Last edited:
Yes I can confirm that @Snake did have a discussion with me about Perrett long before his issues were made public. @Smokin Joe I find your insights and information as equally as worthwhile and appreciated as those from @Snake so i don't want to see you guys get in a pi$$ing competition about who knows what.

From my point of view as a sausage roll eating nuffie who gets no mail, I'm happy to take on board what you pair offer up, as you both clearly have some good contacts. Don't want either of you to feel you can't share through the forum (within the bounds of maintaining confidences of course) for fear of criticism or the odd "miss". Both of you keep up the good work, I certainly appreciate it as I'm sure many others do.
Oh dear,I am not sure how a light-hearted dig has escalated into a "pissing contest".I have no contacts and never have claimed that I do,I just impart what I hear/view/read etc... and try to make sure it is fact and not rumour/innuendo if I can.Snake gets very antsy when people question him and I find it funny,if he gets upset and threatens to take his ball and go home then I apologise.I will not have a dig at him in regards to his information and confine it to when I disagree about his views on football/tactics instead(like not having enough go forward).

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10