Fixing front row problem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Sipley looks big, but his runs were slow and had no punch. I hope he can play better then he did against the sharks.
I really like AFB coming off the bench rather then starting. I hope Perret lifts his game this year, if Perret can even show a glimpse of what he did when he burst into the scene at the dogs then we might be ok

Should of picked up James Graham when we had the chance
I reckon Graham’s best days are behind him, and any adjustments to the concussion rules will see him have more bench time than filed time this year

I don't understand how anyone could think that we are not short in the front row....

It's an illusion; because we all discuss the squad in depth on this forum, no-names becomes house hold names to us...but these players are nobodies in the NRL...

Most NRL fans have never heard of Sipley but our fans are talking him up because he is a "big unit". He is not going to just jump into first grade and blow everyone away because he looked big and strong in a trial. He is probably not without potential, but he is a nuffie at the moment. Other clubs are going in with hard nosed experienced front rows...we are going in with Taupau and to a lesser extend AFB and some players that only register on our forum because we are passionate fans.

The likes of Sipley, Paseka and Tanginoa, etc. Perrett is yet to really get anywhere near the potential expected of him. Sipley was released by the Warriors, Paseka hasn't made his FG debut and Tanginoa was only offered a 1 year contract (that's how sure the club are that he has the goods).

We are holding our breath over a bunch of untried rookies who are still plying their trade whilst the likes of the Storm, Roosters and Cowboys go in with rich experience and talent. We have to play these teams you know!
We have inexperienced rookies because Manly are not Brisbane, Storm, Roosters, Cowboys, Eels...teams that the NRL adore & who can buy whoever they like & who's salary caps are unlimited! I think our forward stocks are pretty sound & will show up a lot of the more fancied packs. SL have ranked us 11 in the pecking order & when I look at the 'top' packs it makes me laugh knowing we actually kicked their arses last year & will do again this year!

I don't understand how anyone could think that we are not short in the front row....

It's an illusion; because we all discuss the squad in depth on this forum, no-names becomes house hold names to us...but these players are nobodies in the NRL...

Most NRL fans have never heard of Sipley but our fans are talking him up because he is a "big unit". He is not going to just jump into first grade and blow everyone away because he looked big and strong in a trial. He is probably not without potential, but he is a nuffie at the moment. Other clubs are going in with hard nosed experienced front rows...we are going in with Taupau and to a lesser extend AFB and some players that only register on our forum because we are passionate fans.

The likes of Sipley, Paseka and Tanginoa, etc. Perrett is yet to really get anywhere near the potential expected of him. Sipley was released by the Warriors, Paseka hasn't made his FG debut and Tanginoa was only offered a 1 year contract (that's how sure the club are that he has the goods).

We are holding our breath over a bunch of untried rookies who are still plying their trade whilst the likes of the Storm, Roosters and Cowboys go in with rich experience and talent. We have to play these teams you know!

Which is why I thought James Graham would have been a worthwhile target for us last year.

I agree with you 100% we’ve got a heap of maybe’s but when we come up against those teams we will be playing a heap of “ already there’s “.

I only watched a part of the Saint"s effort against Hull and could be wrong but got the impression that Graham may be past his best and also based on some of his performances during last season . Still have the impression that A F B , Perrett , , Tanga and Sipley have sufficient ability and short term improvement for their necessary roles to compliment Marty and a fit Darcy .

Not sure how we are thin.

Marty, Lussick, AFB all play in any other team, Perrett plays in most.

Then we have fringe players for cover like pretty much every other team.

AFB tore the gummies a new one and looks to have significantly improved his fitness so hopefully longer minutes. Marty we all know can play long minutes as well. Means all we need is 30 minutes each out of Perrett, Sipley, Tanginoa, Paseka etc.

I reckon Graham’s best days are behind him, and any adjustments to the concussion rules will see him have more bench time than filed time this year
His best days are behind him agree.
Played very well at the RLWC so can still mix it with the best .
Easy two more solid years in him, from memory he wasn't going at a premium either.
It's the leadership and expirence qualities that are priceless, somethibg we could use a bit more of aswell

His best days are behind him agree.
Played very well at the RLWC so can still mix it with the best .
Easy two more solid years in him, from memory he wasn't going at a premium either.
It's the leadership and expirence qualities that are priceless, somethibg we could use a bit more of aswell

Your last paragraph is exactly why I would have bought him.

We have some fantastic young players who could have done with a Prop leader, anyway wasn’t to be!

A few thoughts here

Yes we are a bit light on experience up front, losing Darcy does hurt in that regard, we have potential there but Perret is now effectively prop no3…….I like him but that indicates things are tight

Sipley was not released (I’m pretty sure), he was off contract and we signed him

As others have alluded, most team play 3 middle forwards and 2 edge forwards these days, so putting the 8 on Jakes back doesn’t solve anything…….Thompson, Siro and Frank can’t all start together as they all play on an edge

AFB isn’t getting the respect he deserves here, he toured with the Kiwis last year and is a young prop on the rise, the way some talk in this thread he is making up the numbers

I think AFB will start with Sipley and Perret on the bench

If the Carney deal falls over wonder if we’d have the cash to go for Aiden Tolman.

Experienced , reasonable worker been through the Storm system so that can’t hurt.

We got enough salary cap trouble without having to find the money for two contracts!!

I've just watched the replay of the game again (was watching on my phone on Saturday night, at the pub with dodgy reception)...I'm taking it back, you'd have Tanginoa in the side somewhere for sure! For mine, he played himself right into the side in that game. Didn;t see much ball-playing (as someone else suggested, maybe not a big part of his game) but he was strong and fast and aggressive... give him some bench space, and bring him on when the big dudes get tired! He'll rip it up...

I've just watched the replay of the game again (was watching on my phone on Saturday night, at the pub with dodgy reception)...I'm taking it back, you'd have Tanginoa in the side somewhere for sure! For mine, he played himself right into the side in that game. Didn;t see much ball-playing (as someone else suggested, maybe not a big part of his game) but he was strong and fast and aggressive... give him some bench space, and bring him on when the big dudes get tired! He'll rip it up...
Good call !!!
Tangi is a beast . I was at the game and he looked like a heavy duty bowling ball knocking players over . Always went over the advantage line . No side ways running from Tangi .

So you wouldn't say no to Tolman then? I agree, he would be great for our pack. The dogs would have to pay plenty though of the seriously backended three years he has left.

Starting to get a good vibe about this salary cap inquiry.

Tolman is a stats man's dream, lotsa tackles, lotsa hitups, but on both side of the ledger he is largely ineffectual. Opposing onwards gain many post contact metres through him and his hit ups lack any real venom. I've never seen him break a tackle nor throw an offload, not that you always need too, but the opposing team's need to think you could. No thanks for mine.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10