Game Day Manly v Broncos [Round 13, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The difference in this game is three things:-

1. Game Plan
2. Hunger
3. Attitude in defense

I agree mate, but not just in this game I think it's been all season. We are around half way through now and we have just seen a performance that was as soft as the one we suffered through in round 1.

People keep saying "we will turn this round" "get so and so back and we will be competitive" "now DCE has resigned focus will be back with players and will spark our season".

The reality is none of that has happened and nothing has changed, the same problems exist, the most prominent one being that our attitude stinks.

Size does play a part, but bare in mind the pack we had last year was smaller than this one and it turned over the bulldogs, roosters and rabbitohs pack because it was enthusiastic and aggressive in defence.

Our side can't be arsed getting off the line, allows teams to get a roll on, we lose collision, give away penalties and put pressure on our line, which we fail to defend. We don't lay ourselves a platform with the ball and that puts pressure on backs and we inevitably make errors.

It's a toxic cycle. Even in games we have won there were periods were really the opposition should have put points on the board against us, same last week against Cows in first 20, they should have blown us away.

I think you have to give Toovey until the end of the year, I do believe he has earned that as a coach in his own right through his record whether he is a legend or not.

However, I can't escape the feeling that we need a fresh start, sometimes situations like these just go stale, that is the nature of professional sport. I hope he turns it round I really do.

Mason, Mateo, Burgess, Horo and Forme all need to be sacked. Matai needs more sticky tape, because he is falling apart. Hiku needs to learn how to tackle and Tafua needs a rocket and a hair cut.

And I need to settle down...........because I am super angry...................!! @:mad:

The difference in this game is three things:-

1. Game Plan
2. Hunger
3. Attitude in defense

1. With all the rule changes, game plans these days shouldn't be too hard to concoct, take the ball up, don't drop it, get to your kick, and chase hard.
2. Not sure that Manly was any less hungry, Broncos got the bounce of the ball in everything during the 1st half.
3. Our defence was pretty good up until Brett dropped that ball from Foran. The tries from Brisbane up until that point were luck of the draw and could have gone either way. A few times tonight we held them out with more than a few sets against us back to back. In contrast to that, the 1st time we get the ball in Brisbane's end of the ground we go in.

There is a lot more to a league game than 3 points of interest.

44 . 10 brings back memories of 88 . These blokes are getting paid big bucks and we can blame tooves but he is not out there doing the plays . He is gone I know but the players need to have a good look at themselves , if this is all tooveys fault how do you explain the commitment last weekend and turn up with that crap tonight.
'89 was worse
1988 22 15 7 4 of 16 X
1989 22 9 1 12 12 of 16

If Matai wasnt so injury prone, maybe he could defend more centrally to bash a few players, as we continue to get dominated & steamrolled up the guts....long gone seem the days we took the war to the opponents & smashed the tripe out of them, damn it feels bad on the other end of it.....how in the hell can the halves do ANYTHING, behind such a dominated pack??

Skivy had 5 missed tackles tonight, 2 more than any other player from either team. I love the bloke and he pulls off some amazing hits at times, but the amount of missed tackles he racks up game after game is a BIG concern.

Well I'm certainly glad that I wasn't there tonight for that display. If it had been on Saturday or Sunday then I would have been there. :)
I isually make the brizzy games as my best mate lives up there. He's a manly fan so perfect opportunity to catch up. I would have gone but the misses and kids are in the UK so I'm dog sitting. Though to be honest we are going that bad that I may not have made the effort. Last year I couldn't afford to go as I quit my job and started my own company.

We simply finished we look like dad's army. We need coach and new team Tom t is a first grader simply, our centres have gone to ****. Matai gets owned all the time and killer Is rubbish.

Gut wrenching performance after such a brave month of effort. I really thought we had a chance tonight but we were again our own worst enemy, we are shocking with the ball, no fluency what so ever, we dont seem to build pressure anymore. That was a hall mark of our team, we ground them into the dust. Manly need an injection of pace and spirit, time for Hodges in the pack and Tom T MUST start from now on. Lets face it folks we are also rans for this season.

Skivy had 5 missed tackles tonight, 2 more than any other player from either team. I love the bloke and he pulls off some amazing hits at times, but the amount of missed tackles he racks up game after game is a BIG concern.
Agree on tonight mate but he was playing busted....my point is he is 1 of few who actually intimidates the opposition, the others are tackling like tick;e me Elmo - apart from Jake

Interesting game stats.....

Stewart - 6 runs, 47 metres, 4 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 1 try
Taufua - 10 runs, 65 metres, 4 tackles, 1 missed
Lyon - 9 runs, 71 metres, 13 tackles, 1 missed, 1 goal
Matai - 8 runs, 78 metres, 9 tackles, 5 missed
Hiku - 13 runs, 102 metres, 6 tackles, 1 missed, 1 try
Foran - 18 runs, 166 metres, 10 tackles, 3 missed
Cherry-Evans - 4 runs, 65 metres, 31 tackles, 1 missed
Burgess - 10 runs, 91 metres, 26 tackles, 0 missed
Ballin - 7 runs, 35 metres, 54 tackles, 1 missed
Mason - 4 runs, 36 metres, 24 tackles, 2 missed
Leary - 13 runs, 107 metres, 33 tackles, 0 missed
Horo - 13 runs, 101 metres, 21 tackles, 1 missed
Lui - 2 runs, 18 metres, 20 tackles, 3 missed

Symonds - 6 runs, 42 metres, 9 tackles, 1 missed
Trbojevic - 9 runs, 73 metres, 30 tackles, 2 missed
Mateo - 6 runs, 42 metres, 17 tackles, 3 missed
Sao - 7 runs, 45 metres, 18 tackles, 1 missed
no wonder Ballin wa not on tonight. 54 tackles is a lot of work. I take back my harsh words during the game.

He missed the tackle which lead to the cowboys winning last week as well. What an embarrassing night.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10