Game Day Manly v Broncos [Round 13, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Top 8 is gone.....the close losses in the last few weeks imo seems to have taken the fight out of the side....the bye now...perfect time for management to knife tooves....if the players turn it on for the new coach I'll be gutted...the battle to avoid the spoon is on...FMD

Wholesale sackings are required to reinstate discipline into this team. The players need to value the jersey.
SACKED:
Mason
Hiku
Matai
Lui
Foran
Burgess
Horo
Ballin
Toovey

And this is nowhere near the Northern Eagles days, 1 bad year to forget, DCE signed, got myles coming, hopefully Lussick. And we can bounce back in 2016, get rid of horo,hasson,lui, they do nothing. time to be ruthless and get rid of people who arent up to it

44 . 10 brings back memories of 88 . These blokes are getting paid big bucks and we can blame tooves but he is not out there doing the plays . He is gone I know but the players need to have a good look at themselves , if this is all tooveys fault how do you explain the commitment last weekend and turn up with that crap tonight.

Well - we lost... You should go a bit more and when we win you can go back to the Caxton and gloat a bit.
Well I'm certainly glad that I wasn't there tonight for that display. If it had been on Saturday or Sunday then I would have been there. :)

22-16 would have been interesting but the bounce of the ball went their way and they scored a couple which completely gutted us.

Leary ran good hard lines. Great game especially given what was happening around him.
DCE was our best and tried his guts out again. We need to make sure he is mentored into becoming a great TEAM player and learns the importance of building relationships with team mates (I don't know how much of the apparent disharmony falls on his shoulders but there is obviously something there and it should be managed/addressed over the coming years).
Matai can hold his head up too. A couple of good runs and hard hits.

Lyon woeful tonight. Perhaps the worst game I have ever seen Jamie play and fairly indicative of his year.
Stewart was almost as disappointing as Lyon, some very poor defence from him tonight and generally looked disinterested.
Wingers had a shocker. Why oh why does Hiku continue to dance and skip across field on kick returns and present an easy target to the defence? Run it farking hard and straight.
Ballin looks half the player he used to be. He may be doing a mountain of tackling but every other aspect of his game is well behind the standard.
Foz killed whatever chance we had of getting back into it with that dreadful draw and pass screw up. Had a couple of brief moments but otherwise largely missing in attack and defence.

Our attacking structure was non-existent. Our points came largely from moments of individual brilliance or opportunity. I can understand a year of disruptions through injuries to our backline doesn't help combinations and fluidity, but we looked like an u12 side in attack through most of the night.

Leaving TT out is just mind-boggling. I love Tooves but he has to go. He has to take responsibility for not being able to arrest this rot and pull the players together. My only dread is who replaces him. There's only one man I want for the job and that's Fulton. Cleary I would consider, but the other options being thrown around do not install confidence nor excitement in me.

I cannot remember a worst year on so many levels as a supporter since 76. And having said that, I still believe we have the team on paper to make the finals and potentially pull off an historic miracle.

If Matai wasnt so injury prone, maybe he could defend more centrally to bash a few players, as we continue to get dominated & steamrolled up the guts....long gone seem the days we took the war to the opponents & smashed the tripe out of them, damn it feels bad on the other end of it.....how in the hell can the halves do ANYTHING, behind such a dominated pack??

Interesting game stats.....

Stewart - 6 runs, 47 metres, 4 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 1 try
Taufua - 10 runs, 65 metres, 4 tackles, 1 missed
Lyon - 9 runs, 71 metres, 13 tackles, 1 missed, 1 goal
Matai - 8 runs, 78 metres, 9 tackles, 5 missed
Hiku - 13 runs, 102 metres, 6 tackles, 1 missed, 1 try
Foran - 18 runs, 166 metres, 10 tackles, 3 missed
Cherry-Evans - 4 runs, 65 metres, 31 tackles, 1 missed
Burgess - 10 runs, 91 metres, 26 tackles, 0 missed
Ballin - 7 runs, 35 metres, 54 tackles, 1 missed
Mason - 4 runs, 36 metres, 24 tackles, 2 missed
Leary - 13 runs, 107 metres, 33 tackles, 0 missed