Game Day Manly v Broncos [Round 13, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Honestly, our pack has cost us yet again. The most disappointing thing, is the fact that the majority of players have now switched off, I have just seen the highlights after listening to the call, and we just lacked any form of care or desire to play for the jersey.

We have been close these last few weeks, and despite the hatred at times for dce and foz they have fought tooth and nail. Both our halves have been consistently injured so you cant put the blame on them. Its the blokes around them that have let us down all year. Mason has to go, I can't believe we are trying to re-sign the bloke, and if anyone thinks myles will change anything. You obviously have yet to watch any of his club matches for the past 18 months.

When you cant hold the ball, and your starting props make less than a combined 60m wtf do you expect us to do.

I really hope 2v doesnt lose his job, and should that be the case, we need to make our voices heard.

Watching the replay was going to wait till the end but got sick of all the ads
Anyway feeling disappointed with the result and the bias commentary
Read through the post and can't believe the the blaming of Toov's is it toov's fault that the bronco player had a better go at the ball over Jorge or the bad pass of jorge or lyon dropping the ball after reed did a crusher on him or foran 's failure to deliver the right pass or Hiku's bad reads in defence seriously the bronc's are at the top at the moment best attack in the league and a faultless first 1/2 always hard to come back from that .
And our forwards well , we are playing this year with a new pack apart from Horo and Symonds our starting packs from yesteryear contained Lawrence Starling King Watmough Stewart Buhrer so too expect the same with these new forwards you might find your answer
Unfortunately this year is turning out to be one of our worse with injuries and signing's debacle how can any team perform well week in week out , the focus just needs to be support and compete and hopefully get a few wins and avoid that dreaded spoon
and while im having a rant how many divots were coming out of that surface tonight

Just watching the opening to the Tigers vs Titans game and we were only $2.88 for the win with SportsBet (the Donkeys were $1.41)

We certainly didn't play like it.

I went to bed at 28-10 then checked the score. Ouch. Good thing I didn't stay up for that pasting.

From what I saw....

Mason's done. He should never start. Ever. Off the bench, he is acceptable. But he needs to be running at tired blokes to make any impact.

Never seen Killer go so poorly. Pains me to say it.

Unimpressed with Mateo too. Adds nothing.

Thought Leary and Horo had real digs. And Foran is doing more than people give him credit for. Granted, bombed a try with that final pass but he played tough.

I don't know if Tooves will survive. What pains me is I think his selections are poor and his use of the bench needs work. But the guy loves the club and I don't want to see him being crapped on.

In previous years, we have rallied during times of adversity. I need to ask, what has changed. Is it the leadership we have lost in the forwards? Is it the fact that our board wants 2v gone in order to appease the decision of our 7?

Yes, we have alot of injuries. In the past, these were non issues, it was these that we built our seasons on. The club has lost its mojo, we need it back and fast. Bringing in barrett is not the answer. 2V has to stay, and continue on to next season. It is going to be immensely difficult to do anytthing this year, but we can still jag 7th or 8th. Our halves are starting to play at the same time, injuries have dogged this department. ( Does anyone know how many games they have played 80mins together this year?).

Disagree. Too many of our players are old, slow and injury prone. Our coaches and selectors keep neglecting two players who can score points, Tom Turbojet and Hodges.

Not politically correct to say this here, but Foz had a good dig tonight, was one of our better players, and one of the few real sparks in attack. Foz and Chez played really well considering how dominated we were elsewhere across the field, and how little possession we had.

Jake and Blake are keepers going forward, but too many plodders in the forwards. They consistently get dominated. Too much cap chewed up in the backs.

I think just too many mistakes in critical area's early in the game and we got punished and couldn't come back from that then once lyon went even if he is a bit slower they carved us up that side

Broncos 44 Manly 10 was also the score from the Broncos first ever game, round 1 of 1988. Donny McKinnon's game.

Burgess 9 runs 68m
Mason 4runs 28m
Leary 11 runs 67m
Horo 13 runs 90m
Lui 3 runs 18m
Jake T 6 runs 46m
Mateo 3 runs 16m
Sao 5 runs 27m
Symonds played centre
This is the go forward we got from our Pack The pack with the worst go forward stats in the NRL

Yep agree. Not one averaged 10m a hitup. It means our forwards go nowhere.

We need to let some of these plonkers go

Mason
Lui
Mateo
Hasson.

Add nothing for mine.

what a friggen shemozzle!

Smarter people (everyone) than me can pick the game apart so I'll just say:

Maybe I'm just a bit anti foz but you must...must kick the footy out when that's your goal. Led to a try in the first 4 mins.....then you want a mill a year and you cant even put brett stewart away?

12 points right there! Sure, he ran for some metres....but what kind of metres were they. dce's one run lead to points at least!!

And as much as I like tom symonds....the further towards the wing he is...the more like a top he gets. Nice to look at for awhile...but in the end, all that is happening is he's spinning around not doing anything.

What a tough game to watch, except for 1 dce highlight.

But it could be I'm post game grumpy.

Last edited:
Lyon must be 5/8 next year. He is losing pace as he gets older and a switch to the 6 at this at this stage of his career would benefit the team. Gutherson to play in the centres.
Tom T should be in the team now. Maybe Jorge to the bench. That way we don't have to play Symonds in the centres when we get an injury.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8