LiveBlog GAME DAY - Manly v Broncos Round 21, 2015 - Toovey Farewell Tour [1298628]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sene Lafao and Chee Kam answer Manly injury crisus
  • ANDREW PRENTICE
  • MANLY DAILY
  • JULY 30, 2015 6:18PM

BARNSTORMING interchange backrowers Jesse Sene-Lefao and Michael Chee Kam know how fickle rugby league can be.

Last year Sene-Lefao was one of Manly’s best players.

And Chee Kam was a standout player in Canberra’s under-20 NYC squad.

The pair have battled long-term injuries in 2015, but on Saturday night they get their chance against the Broncos at Central Coast Stadium.

Samoan international Sene-Lefao, who works a second job as a doorman at Dee Why Hotel to support his family, cannot wait to take on the competition leaders.

story-fngr8iii-1227463724823

“I actually made my NRL debut versus the Broncos, it is always a good test playing them,’’ he said. “It has been a challenging year, I had to bide my time.

“Jake Trbojevic and Ligi Sao were in my shoes in pre-season, and both have gone on to break into the starting team.

“Playing NSW Cup has only increased my hunger.”

With Sao, Luke Burgess and Tom Symonds all picking up knee injuries against the Warriors last Saturday, coach Geoff Toovey was forced to reshuffle his pack.

Chee Kam finally gets a shot as an impact player and the deeply religious prop will also look to make the most of his chance in the top grade.

“I’m really excited. I’ve been trying to crack it for some time,’’ he said. “I trust the Lord, I always had faith I would be given an opportunity.”

Meanwhile, Matt Ballin confirmed on Thursday he has been informed by the club he could look elsewhere despite signing a two-year contract extension until 2017 back in May.

But the two-time premiership winner is prepared to dig in his heels and battle it out for his hooker position with Panthers recruit Api Koroisau.

“I disagree with their reasons and I’m going to stand up for what I believe is best for the club and myself,’’ Ballin said.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ly-injury-crisus/story-fngr8iii-1227463724823

maybe bring Lawrence in as a surprise inclusion to play 20-25 minutes.
What's with it with these selections? Is Lawrence now only allowed to play every fortnight?
He's played two NSW Cup matches, with a week off between them because the team had a bye. Now he's not picked in the top squad - and the NSW Cup has another bye! I'm stumped. If he's not better than Hasson ....
I read posters saying he needs match fitness. How is he going to get this by not playing? There is no NSW Cup match on this weekend! He's not listed as re-injured.

I've just heard on good authority that Jughead Jones will make his comeback against the Donkeys.

Also the great "Mule" Hoskings is ready to go a passed his fitness test.

Oh wait that was a long time ago. Please disregard my earlier comments.

Frank Stokes passed a fitness test and David Liddiard is on standby as well ;)

Dale Shearer decided this year that he wouldn't call Mal Meninga and tell him he'd be fit for Origin if needed. He called Tooves instead.

Marty Bella is also planning on a comeback. He figures that if George Rose can play NRL then so can he. Same body shape after all.

The only way we will win is if we come out with all guns firing and score 3 quick try's in the first 20 mins.

Then a tight second 20 with only a Manly penalty goal at minute 39 ( converted to lead 20-0) to take us to a half time lead.

The Donkeys will be ****ting themselves at half time having expected Manly to roll over given the sacking of their coach.

In the upset of the year , Manly go on in the second half scoring 2 unconverted try's and letting only one in at minute 78 with the game well and truly won.

Final score Manly 28 Donkeys 6.

PS: We can only but dream can't we??

We can win if we play with the same intensity as we did against the Worriers. Unfortunately we won't have one of our most reliable players, T-Red. We can cover for the loss of Soggy and the Fourth Burgess Brother. I would like to see Tom Turbo in the 17 and relegate Hiku to the bench to cover for Matai's inevitable injury and other backline interruptions. I know it won;t happen because all NRL coaches are so blinkered into thinking you must have four big boppers on the bench.
Gee if hope the Walker Brothers get the coaching gig at Newcastle. They are what the NRL needs - some lateral thinkers who will take tactics to a different level.

Frank Stokes passed a fitness test and David Liddiard is on standby as well ;)

Dale Shearer decided this year that he wouldn't call Mal Meninga and tell him he'd be fit for Origin if needed. He called Tooves instead.

Marty Bella is also planning on a comeback. He figures that if George Rose can play NRL then so can he. Same body shape after all.
The legend that is Frank Stokes
image.jpg

rumoured Corey parker in some doubt with a shoulder injury...great for manly but devastated for Supercoach...

The only way we will win is if we come out with all guns firing and score 3 quick try's in the first 20 mins.

Then a tight second 20 with only a Manly penalty goal at minute 39 ( converted to lead 20-0) to take us to a half time lead.

The Donkeys will be ****ting themselves at half time having expected Manly to roll over given the sacking of their coach.

In the upset of the year , Manly go on in the second half scoring 2 unconverted try's and letting only one in at minute 78 with the game well and truly won.

Final score Manly 28 Donkeys 6.

PS: We can only but dream can't we??
Bronc's ain't no Warriors this is going to be ugly. Put onya helmet and hang the fark on.

We can win if we play with the same intensity as we did against the Worriers. Unfortunately we won't have one of our most reliable players, T-Red. We can cover for the loss of Soggy and the Fourth Burgess Brother. I would like to see Tom Turbo in the 17 and relegate Hiku to the bench to cover for Matai's inevitable injury and other backline interruptions. I know it won;t happen because all NRL coaches are so blinkered into thinking you must have four big boppers on the bench.
Gee if hope the Walker Brothers get the coaching gig at Newcastle. They are what the NRL needs - some lateral thinkers who will take tactics to a different level.

I read about what they are doing , challenging the modern concept of the game.

Good on them, they might shake up the game if they get the gig!!

What's with it with these selections? Is Lawrence now only allowed to play every fortnight?
He's played two NSW Cup matches, with a week off between them because the team had a bye. Now he's not picked in the top squad - and the NSW Cup has another bye! I'm stumped. If he's not better than Hasson ....
I read posters saying he needs match fitness. How is he going to get this by not playing? There is no NSW Cup match on this weekend! He's not listed as re-injured.

Just throwing him him after missing the entire year after a couple of games isn't the best idea. I agree with you that he should be picked I front of Hasson as BL is a much better player but not yet. He will be found out against the Broncos his he is a touch off the pace. I don't like seeing Hasson on our team list in front of BL but Hasson has a bigger tank at the moment.
Give him a few 2 more weeks and he will be picked

Apparently Bennett confirmed he will be good to go this morning. Great for Supercoach! Would of been happy without him there though.

Love or hate him, I have to admit that Parker is a tough SOB. If we didn't have Gifty playing lock over the past decade I would have loved to have had someone like Parker.

Just throwing him him after missing the entire year after a couple of games isn't the best idea. I agree with you that he should be picked I front of Hasson as BL is a much better player but not yet. He will be found out against the Broncos his he is a touch off the pace. I don't like seeing Hasson on our team list in front of BL but Hasson has a bigger tank at the moment.
Give him a few 2 more weeks and he will be picked
Great to know we are travelling so well and can afford to drop the next couple of games.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4