GAME DAY - Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Ok it's time for @mickqld to give us his score for the opening game.

I'm predicting a tight one, Manly by say 20-16, with the home crowd and the usual ref bias to home teams the difference.

What's the predicted crowd? I'm thinking 14,500 - renewed optimism, first game of the year, warm night, plenty of time to get back from work. Ideally we should be getting > 17,500 but no chance of that tonight.

Isn't all the stands sold out and only GA tickets available. Doesn't that mean we are going to have a huge crowd tonight. We will be in the stands cheering on our beloved Manly.

Isn't all the stands sold out and only GA tickets available. Doesn't that mean we are going to have a huge crowd tonight. We will be in the stands cheering on our beloved Manly.
Lets hope so! 10,500 against the Doggies Friday night round 3 last year.

Here is my big fear - that we've been suckered in again to over rating guys like Green, Vave and even Walker at 6. All unproven. Hopefully they're up to it.
You have a big fear but I have big hopes feathered friend .
Vave was part of the premiership wining squad for the storm in 2012 and played in the winning wold cup challenge in 2013. He has had bad luck with injury but this season he is the fittest that he has ever been . Loads of ability . Walker international player with all the skills and speed that a dynamic 6 requires and I see no surprise with big red from what I have seen in our trials as he has been one of our best along with Vave .

You have a big fear but I have big hopes feathered friend .
Vave was part of the premiership wining squad for the storm in 2012 and played in the winning wold cup challenge in 2013. He has had bad luck with injury but this season he is the fittest that he has ever been . Loads of ability . Walker international player with all the skills and speed that a dynamic 6 requires and I see no surprise with big red from what I have seen in our trials as he has been one of our best along with Vave .
Trials are just that feathered friend. Need to see some first grade evidence. Hopefully we see it tonight.

Well the season starts in a few hours cannot wait to get back down to brookvale oval.

I think tonight will be close not much in it with a margin of 6-12 points in it.

I want to say that one person is not forgotten tonight that is 2V's. Over the last few years he has held this team together. No other coach could of got the results he has over the last few years. We will miss u tonight 2V's

Tonight begins a new era of this proud and mighty club. I am fully behind TB and the new direction of the club. Going to so interesting seeing all the new combinations.

My prediction for the game:
Manly by 7 but with no confidence due to so many new combinations we have.

Last edited:
Trials are just that feathered friend. Need to see some first grade evidence. Hopefully we see it tonight.
Every player wants to impress their new coach in the trials and these guys stood out and showed what they've got .
Yes feathered friend I agree with you hopefully we see it tonight

Just hopped off the plane in Syd and heading to ground
Bloody delays but I don't care as I will get there and see the boys win by 20 and rocket into favouritism

All you Prix who put the boot in and laughed at us last year be very very scared

We're coming to get you

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10