LiveBlog GAME DAY - Manly v Penrith Round 10, 2015 [1292332]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes knob, it's part of the contest and part of the reason we lost! That's why we have referees to police the 10 metres and holding down in the ruck. Selective refereeing of these rules had plenty to do with our teams lack of momentum and extra fatigue. Half the tossers who post here say they would be happy win, lose or draw if the effort was there and the boys put in for each other. That's the same tossers like you who can't recognise tonight's efforts. Some bad execution at times cost us-not lack of effort
Name calling eh? Really credible stuff, i'll make sure I take your posts on board in the future :-/ If you can't get a grip on your emotions, you should repeat kindergarten.

Bugger :mad:
We almost had it inspite off their off side and knock ons that the Refs refused to rule on :swear::banghead::finger:

In the first half Manly were stifling the offloads - what happened to that idea after the half time whistle went?:(

Great to see Snake put on a few and Horo could have offloaded with 3 to go to either Matai or Snake - why didn't he ?:confused:

Bugger - I really felt that Manly were up for this week @:(

Great 'Please STAY , You DCE & Vessa, We Love You' sign up on the Hill:inlove:
CFR33yvUIAIHfc7.jpg:large

Really liked the sign and was very clear from the Fullton Menzies Stand tonight
That was the last time DCE will play at Brookvale before round 13
Next game he plays this whole saga will be over

My review of the game watching it live:

The crowd 8825 - I know it is a Monday night and a school/work night but still was dissapointed with that number.

Our boys played well for the 1st half - snake was on fire and the forwards were making metres easy but that all changed second half with the panthers flood of possession.

We played poor in the last 10 minutes and should of locked it up at 11-11

In the end the panthers wanted it more than us in the second half than us.

We now have 5 weeks before we play again at Brookvale oval on June 19 @ 7:45

Draw for the next few weeks
Bye
Cowboys (a)
Broncos (a)
Bye
Tigers(h)
Souths(a)
Sharks(h) Sunday afternoon 4pm

4/5 games on free to air TV

I see us not winning against the Cowboys or Broncos but beating the Tigers at home, souths will give us a lesson ( they will be coming off the bye) before us beating the sharks

I think tonight's loss will come back to haunt us and cost us later on in the year. We are going to be close to the eight by the last few rounds but see us just missing the eight.

Just not our season this year sadly

Last edited:
Frustrating because of the manor and timing of the defeat.

Just as we get our tails up so to speak with back to back wins. Would have been nice to get a 3rd under our belt going in to the bye with a tough few rounds coming up.

Few posters talk about realism. The reality is we have been genuinely terrible in all areas of the game all year aside from 20 mins in round 2 and the last two games. It was never going to be all rosey from there on out, especially when we're lining up with a back-rower playing 6 for the first time and with the injuries we have crucially in our pack. 3 rounds ago we were just looking for a bit of desire from the team. They showed that again tonight.

That's not to say we should settle for that though, but it is a foundation that we can build on. There are obvious things we need to work on. Fitness, we did drop off in that second half in the forwards. Our pack isn't the biggest, so it will need to be the fittest to compete. If we stuck with them and win more contact we give away less penalties and relieve the pressure in D giving us more energy in attack. We will improve with ball in hand as well and some of those opportunities will be taken in future.

Penrith are a good side and despite their injuries fielded a strong pack and settled group of backs. We didn't. But we competed and they pinched it at the death via a penalty goal and a field goal. That's tough to take, but that's footy.

The lads showed guts, and effort. They just didn't have it in the tank to get us over the line. We'll regroup, build on it and go again.

Just as we get our tails up so to speak with back to back wins. Would have been nice to get a 3rd under our belt going in to the bye with a tough few rounds coming up.

Few posters talk about realism. The reality is we have been genuinely terrible in all areas of the game all year aside from 20 mins in round 2 and the last two games. It was never going to be all rosey from there on out, especially when we're lining up with a back-rower playing 6 for the first time and with the injuries we have crucially in our pack. 3 rounds ago we were just looking for a bit of desire from the team. They showed that again tonight.

That's not to say we should settle for that though, but it is a foundation that we can build on. There are obvious things we need to work on. Fitness, we did drop off in that second half in the forwards. Our pack isn't the biggest, so it will need to be the fittest to compete. If we stuck with them and win more contact we give away less penalties and relieve the pressure in D giving us more energy in attack. We will improve with ball in hand as well and some of those opportunities will be taken in future.

Penrith are a good side and despite their injuries fielded a strong pack and settled group of backs. We didn't. But we competed and they pinched it at the death via a penalty goal and a field goal. That's tough to take, but that's footy.

The lads showed guts, and effort. They just didn't have it in the tank to get us over the line. We'll regroup, build on it and go again.

Certainly a momentum killer losing tonight but in reality we are a patched up side and have been all year. Still think there is a few more twists and turns before the season is out for us .. see us getting close to the eight.. feel tonight's loss will come back to cost us later on in the year.

They got away with heaps, and their play the balls are ridiculous. Huge step plant the ball further and step over it and into the markers. Gives them great momentum and the refs stand their with their d*cks in their hands..

Yep, totally agree.
I thought Souths were the masters at it but the Panthers were unbelievable tonight and Moylan was the best at it especially after a kick return. He constantly got up and stepped to the side of the markers, the advantage this gets is amazing and the refs did jack (I think Warren Smith briefly commented about it in one instance but..)
It 's amazing that in our RD 3 game v the Dogs the refs constantly pulled up both teams and told them to go back and play it on the mark but now it's forgotten.

And can someone tell me the difference between the penalty against Willie for a late tackle and the one that got Mateo in the back? One is penalised and one isn't.

Yep, totally agree.
I thought Souths were the masters at it but the Panthers were unbelievable tonight and Moylan was the best at it especially after a kick return. He constantly got up and stepped to the side of the markers, the advantage this gets is amazing and the refs did jack (I think Warren Smith briefly commented about it in one instance but..)
It 's amazing that in our RD 3 game v the Dogs the refs constantly pulled up both teams and told them to go back and play it on the mark but now it's forgotten.

And can someone tell me the difference between the penalty against Willie for a late tackle and the one that got Mateo in the back? One is penalised and one isn't.
It was less than five minutes between both instances, Mateo got flattened by a much later and dirtier hit......yet it's let go.

What. The. F*ck?

Horo passes to Taufua and we win ! but we should of worked for a field goal earllier in the second half !

Create your own luck ... Panthers did ! Not acceptabl......

Horo .....BLOODY PUT TAUFUA AWAY

DICK HEAD HORO BLOODY DICK HEAD

Watching live it looked like a panther player was about 5 metres in front of the ref when DCE was attempting the field goal at the end. Was it just me??

Horo passes to Taufua and we win ! but we should of worked for a field goal earllier in the second half !

Create your own luck ... Panthers did ! Not acceptabl......

Horo .....BLOODY PUT TAUFUA AWAY

DICK HEAD HORO BLOODY DICK HEAD[/QUOTE

Horo was our best forward. Our winger should have been closer when the break was made in the first place

Lol of course: but giving them a 20 point start by playing Hasson is just stupid. Why the f*ck was he on and Jake off in that last 10?
@Dan ...we really need a piis-taking feature thingy. Christ knows i'd use it for half of my posts...can we squeeze bubbler boy into an image clicker lol (I'd use it right here).lol....fark off with the lols ya clown.....

@Dan ...we really need a piis-taking feature thingy. Christ knows i'd use it for half of my posts...can we squeeze bubbler boy into an image clicker lol (I'd use it right here).lol....fark off with the lols ya clown.....
Errrr what? Hasson was next to useless... If you can't joke about the situation you're taking it too seriously mate. Chill out...

Horrible Monday night all round.

The team - Poor attitude in the second half and the options taken at the end were abysmal. Cherry please give yourself two uppercuts for taking the tackle on the 4th and letting Mateo have a crack at the 1 point before sending the ball out wide in the next set and giving yourself next to no chance with your FG attempt.

The fans - Bit over 8000 i think. Cant bag other teams for having fair weathered supporters as it seems we have a few ourselves. Seriously brookie looked empty I was a bit embarrassed.

The Refs - That was a joke. Those two need to step out in front of a cement truck on the way to training this week. They were bias, theres no two ways about it.

The kiosk - Are they getting worse? Slow as a wet week and when i finally got there the bloke was looking for the hot dog i ordered in the pie warmer.

On a positive note, Big Willie tried hard tonight. Loved his aggression and inspired runs.

Well, on that note, i might take a footy break this week with the bye. All that will be happening anyway is Chez speculation which I'm over. Maybe by the time I get back, Chez will be staying, Greenburg will be reported as missing, those refs will be sack along with the kiosk manager and manly will have found their pride again. Dreams are free right?

Last edited:
Well, that was frustrating and disappointing to watch. Started out so promising as well.

They do know it's an 80 min game though, don't they?

Penrith were decimated last night and hardly fielded a settled group of backs. They had injured Idris, whare, wallace, mansour, kerin moss and also out in forwards kite, docker, murdoch masila, and also tyrone peachy suspended and then lost jennings with a broken leg!

They provided nothing in attack with wallace out and hence handled their attack pretty well (cause it wasn't that great) They dropped the ball 6 times in attacking positions. They just played with more energy and wanted in more. We only played with 5 mins to go in that second half. Very disappointing and cannot afford to lose home games like that. We wont make the top eight this year, as we have lost two many home games and there are too many top sides above us we are yet to play and have a very hard run home. We fielded a pretty strong side last night, yet can't even beat the lowly ranked panthers with half their side out and playing poorly at home.

I'm peeved off like most of us , but when I look back baring the couple of wins we have had I don't think we played that bad . I only listened to it on radio and may not have got the whole jist of how the game looked but overall I'm pretty happy with the boys . We seemed to of turned the corner a lot to how we were playing in the earlier games with commitment and so on so it's not all gloom just yet . Just some stupid mistakes that can happen in any game to any team .We have some announcements coming up with players signings the near future so it's all good . Just stick with them we will still knock off sides and push for the 8 .

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8