LiveBlog GAME DAY - Manly v Penrith Round 10, 2015 [1292332]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We got beaten in the forwards tonight. Penrith weren't great in attack, but their forwards were very good tonight, and their line speed in the second half won them the match. The only way to combat line speed is to get the opposition on the back foot, and you need good forwards to get the defence back pedalling.

I am disappointed for two reasons.

(1) DCE should have been marshalling the troops to set up for a field goal, but showed no direction. Even though we didn't play well, we should have levelled the scores at 11 all with 3 minutes to go.

(2) when the momentum shifted, not one forward fired up and tried to turn the game back our way. Yes, Jake T and Burgess made a couple of good tackles, but I am talking about maintaining the rage, and neither of them did for a sustained period in the second half.

Yeah very unlucky tonight. Horo passes the ball and this place would be full of excitement. I actually got up to cheer when Horo looked left. Proud of the boys effort.
Yes just those little 1% we lost out on tonight
It was a disappointing lost cause i think we all know how important this was with the bye next round it was a 4 point game

The effort was there tonight. The execution was not. After the performances we turned in earlier in the year, I guess we can't be too disappointed.

I don't think the effort in the second half was good enough. It was better than it's been all year, but it's still not where it needs to be. When the game is in the balance, you need players to fire up, and we simply stood back and let Penrith charge up the field the entire second 40. Penrith wanted to win this game more than Manly, and you could see it in their enthusiasm in the second half.

Geez you guys are a lil tough on them. I didnt think we played that bad, our D was awesome we only let in 2 tries and one of them was a lucky flick pass from Sowie to Manu.
Our goal line D was really good aswell (way better than it has been in the early rounds) and our forwards were strong Burgess Jake T Horo Lui and even Mason. Jamie Sowards kicking game is what won them that second half, he had us down our own end the whole time.
Sure we had our opportunities to potentially win the game but we didnt play bad at all... just wasnt our night.
Good post. Fatigue is what finally cost us. It was a great effort and all the boys put in for one another. We could not get any momentum in attack because the panthers were 2 metres offside the whole game. It was a tight game-we lost by 1 point FFS. I disregard some of the nevilles on here who have no idea. Nothing new there

They got away with heaps, and their play the balls are ridiculous. Huge step plant the ball further and step over it and into the markers. Gives them great momentum and the refs stand their with their d*cks in their hands..

2nd half the contact was way down on the 1st leading to their strong card - offloads.
Really a case of lost intensity but to be fair had several 50/50 calls go their way.
The game did hurt as there was a sense of momentum after the past 2 games & it was only a tiny bit more zest needed in the final forty to collect the 2 points....
Should have led by 16 at h/t

Good post. Fatigue is what finally cost us. It was a great effort and all the boys put in for one another. We could not get any momentum in attack because the panthers were 2 metres offside the whole game. It was a tight game-we lost by 1 point FFS. I disregard some of the nevilles on here who have no idea. Nothing new there
Fatigue is part of the contest, it's not bad luck?!
Penrith came out in the second half with enthusiasm, and we came out and let them run through us; i'm not happy about that.

Moylan especially certainly been watching Inglis the way he gets away with it pushes forward on the ground further and further to take the markers out of play

Yeah we were a bit unlucky tonight. I thought we played well. Agree the 1 percenters cost us and the panthers pigs got the better of us in the 2nd half but we played pretty well. Shake was amazing. We were unlucky bit to be up by more at halftime.

Penrith almost beat the donkeys at their home ground last week.
Manly's draw sucks this year. I can't see us beating the cows or the donkeys.
Sheesh, I wish I could look away.
Can't though.
Go Manly!

We were **** in the second half. Simple as that. How we list that game I will never know. No excuses just ****.

Bugger :mad:
We almost had it inspite off their off side and knock ons that the Refs refused to rule on :swear::banghead::finger:

In the first half Manly were stifling the offloads - what happened to that idea after the half time whistle went?:(

Great to see Snake put on a few and Horo could have offloaded with 3 to go to either Matai or Snake - why didn't he ?:confused:

Bugger - I really felt that Manly were up for this week @:(

Great 'Please STAY , You DCE & Vessa, We Love You' sign up on the Hill:inlove:
CFR33yvUIAIHfc7.jpg:large

Wouldn't we have liked to have Hodges come on with 12 minutes remaining than Hasson! As good as Balin is, having a fresh dummy half runner makes a difference. We don;t need another plodding front rower on our bench.
Apart from that, we simply didn;t have enough ball in the second half. It was a good, gutsy effort. I'm not too disappointed.

Fatigue is part of the contest, it's not bad luck?!
Penrith came out in the second half with enthusiasm, and we came out and let them run through us; i'm not happy about that.
Yes knob, it's part of the contest and part of the reason we lost! That's why we have referees to police the 10 metres and holding down in the ruck. Selective refereeing of these rules had plenty to do with our teams lack of momentum and extra fatigue. Half the tossers who post here say they would be happy win, lose or draw if the effort was there and the boys put in for each other. That's the same tossers like you who can't recognise tonight's efforts. Some bad execution at times cost us-not lack of effort

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10