LiveBlog GAME DAY - Manly v Penrith Round 10, 2015 [1292332]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In my opinion, they were constantly offside but were never picked up for it whereas we were several times and were pinged for it.

And this was the biggest difference in the second half.

we only made 2 errors but had 40% posession, something stinks big time

Anyone remember what he did?
Referee Gavin Morris suspended

Wed 26 Feb, 2014, 9:10am
NRL
The NRL Integrity and Compliance Unit has today suspended referee Gavin Morris for the first two rounds of the Telstra Premiership, imposed a suspended $5,000 fine and ordered he undertake a counselling program for a breach of the NRL’s Code of Conduct.
Morris has accepted the penalty and waived his right to appeal.
"The Integrity Unit has a clear mechanism for assessing issues. It is important to note that process has been followed in this case, as it would for any incident involving a player or club official," said NRL Chief Operating Officer, Mr Jim Doyle.
"The Integrity Unit's investigation found that there was behaviour that brought the image of the game into disrepute and we have taken appropriate action."

Penrith were decimated last night and hardly fielded a settled group of backs. They had injured Idris, whare, wallace, mansour, kerin moss and also out in forwards kite, docker, murdoch masila, and also tyrone peachy suspended and then lost jennings with a broken leg!

They provided nothing in attack with wallace out and hence handled their attack pretty well (cause it wasn't that great) They dropped the ball 6 times in attacking positions. They just played with more energy and wanted in more. We only played with 5 mins to go in that second half. Very disappointing and cannot afford to lose home games like that. We wont make the top eight this year, as we have lost two many home games and there are too many top sides above us we are yet to play and have a very hard run home. We fielded a pretty strong side last night, yet can't even beat the lowly ranked panthers with half their side out and playing poorly at home.

and to think we had none out bar Gutherson, Williams, Foran, Lawrence, Starling, Buhrer, JSL and lost Symonds with an injury as well. Or 7 to their 9, so a lot more even that you are making it out.

And this was the biggest difference in the second half.

we only made 2 errors but had 40% possession, something stinks big time

Thats crazy! How can you win with 40% possession..yet only make 2 errors? I agree the refereeing was very very frustrating and played a big impact in that second have!

Refs were painful last night, but the Panthers kept the ball alive when tackled and had our defence scrambling the whole second half. Panthers dropped the ball a few times in our 20 when on a roll so it could have been a bigger blow out. Disappointed with the loss as it would have been great to go into the bye week 2 pts clear of Parra but there is always next game

They got away with heaps, and their play the balls are ridiculous. Huge step plant the ball further and step over it and into the markers. Gives them great momentum and the refs stand their with their d*cks in their hands..
Yes, at times I thought I was watching a 'Walk against Want' charity event when the Zoobsters were playing the ball. Particularly Pat Boone Jr. - aka Matt Moylan.

Agreed, refs were painful last night (although there wasn't much difference in the penalty count at the end). When Brett Stewart almost scored the first try and then he did score the first try I thought we would be putting some serious points on the board but we looked like we just didn't have it in us. Bad luck I guess and yes it would have been great to get 2 points before the bye and notch up 3 consecutive wins. On the positive side we are still above Parra on the ladder (lol) and we had no injuries last night.

It was a very tough loss last night with the road ahead, Cowboys and Broncos on the road will be a huge task. I'd be very happy to come away from those two games with two points and no injuries.
There is one standout team in the comp - Easts, because money buys the best players, regardless of the so-called 'cap'. Bronco and the 'Boys are good, Storm is resiliant, Souffs and Dogs are struggling, and Illawarra are still pretenders, imo. So, there are 11-12 teams which are all pretty much even. They can each beat one another on their good days.
I believe the positions 5-8 for the minor premiership is wide open, and Manly can reach this. Two thing we need, however, is speed and flair = Tom Turbojet in the backs and Brenton Lawrence in the forwards (he indicated at the ground that he was nearing a comeback).
Jamie is no longer the match winner we've come to love over the past 7-8 seasons. That's why I feel he should move to 5/8th and let Tom interchange with Snake at winger and fullback.

Yes knob, it's part of the contest and part of the reason we lost! That's why we have referees to police the 10 metres and holding down in the ruck. Selective refereeing of these rules had plenty to do with our teams lack of momentum and extra fatigue. Half the tossers who post here say they would be happy win, lose or draw if the effort was there and the boys put in for each other. That's the same tossers like you who can't recognise tonight's efforts. Some bad execution at times cost us-not lack of effort
Fatigue is part of the contest, it's not bad luck?!
Penrith came out in the second half with enthusiasm, and we came out and let them run through us; i'm not happy about that.
Your 100% right Snake - Manly were not quite good enough to build a bigger half time lead & though they got the rough end of the pineapple calls - they out enthused us clearly in that 2nd half.
Not a shocking effort - but need a decent improvement to contend for finals footy.
Hopefully some extra spark off the bench can lift the team who tried , but could not find that bit of dash around the ruck to change the tempo in attack.

I'm feeling like this will be the one that we rue, a win here and then the bye and we were getting back to the middle of the pack.
My most disappointing aspects came on the 3 field goal plays. Firstly their field goal, the PTB was on the sideline, they got caught at dummy half and still Moylan had time to kick the goal. Ligi was the only player that initially sprinted up to stop it, there should of been 10 other guys in line with him. As pointed out on our two attempts absolutely no thinking process what so ever. DCE was looking to pass it before the Mateo attempt and all stood unwillingly, then on the last play to end up 15 in from the sideline was crazy.
Overall a decent effort and something to build on but we need a 5/8 to stay on the field for 80 minutes to take some kicking and play making pressure away from DCE.

Errrr what? Hasson was next to useless... If you can't joke about the situation you're taking it too seriously mate. Chill out...
:shake:..this is exactly why I want the Piss taking emoticon...I knew where you were going with it in your previous post, but old mate(can't remember who?) Wasn't getting it..I don't know wether I've cleared that up or made it worse...lol...put it this way...anyone that thinks Hasson is useless is a friend of mine!@:D

:shake:..this is exactly why I want the Piss taking emoticon...I knew where you were going with it in your previous post, but old mate(can't remember who?) Wasn't getting it..I don't know wether I've cleared that up or made it worse...lol...put it this way...anyone that thinks Hasson is useless is a friend of mine!@:D
Gee the way I feel about Hasson wouldn't make us friends, more family. He is up there with the worst I have seen, if not the worst.

I can't bring myself to read this whole thread so apologies if this has been brought up. Was there a forward pass out to the left by penrith, not pulled up of course by refs, in the tackle or 2 prior to their penalty to bring it to 10 all? Live it looked forward but I can't be assed looking at replays. Awful night to be at a game to watch a little lead relentlessly whittled away. Don't know why I bother sometimes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8