GAME DAY - Manly v Raiders [Round 23, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thought the boys leaving next year had big games. Horo was outstanding today, and thought Foran played really tough today.

Some basic errors from players who should know better today, we got out of jail that's for sure. Shows how important Jake is to our roll on and our D.

Does anyone know why Checchin hates us so much ?? It is borderline cheating.

Phewwwwwww !!! season 2015 still alive
He makes it so obvious, from his first game in charge of us he's done his best to assist our opponent, I hate the bloke

It is and always has been our soft forwards,no intimidation factor no aggression not meeting the advantage line sitting back and waiting in defence.

The game plan to beat Manly is all too simple to take advantage of if you have hard running size up the middle playing with good intensity, we are wasting our time being in the semis.

You can't rely on our classy backline to cover our weaknesses every single week, eventually you telegraph passes out wide due to not enough punch and work through the middle or take gambles like Stewart did because he knows we are struggling.
To be fair we did not have our first choice front row out there. Very hard to contain a pack like theirs when you dont have the size to match them.

Rubbish! The referee had a huge impact on the game. They scored from an intercept, took out Stewart and scored a try. Would not have been close if refereed correctly.
What, have you seen the statistics, the ref don't concern me , manly does and our defence was crap.Every team suffers from bad referees at some stage.If your leading 16 nil and can't tackle then this is what happens.It's a no brainer.

We nearly beat ourselves today 2 bad mistakes by DCE throwing the pass and Snake with that touch line gives them 2 easy tries we worked hard for ours
All in all a great win to go down there and win they had every thing to play for at home
I did notice at the end how the rainbow ref sought out Croker for a handshake and said some words then when he come across Lyon it was no eye contact and a 1/2 hearted hand shake
March on Manly

Jake T is our best defender in the middle.
Still not a fan of his beautiful low down tackling style as it does not slow the play the ball enough on a consistent basis unless we tackle in numbers with good technique containers.

The NRL in the past hinted at allowing second leg pulls for low down defenders to enable enough time for the defender to get into marker but hardly ever apply it or it is so inconsistently applied not worth the risk.

Foran did just that today and got penalised, if they want less concussions instead of overly banning every shoulder charge why not promote more latitude and reward copy book low dominant tackles to reduced the need for higher ball and all tackles.

Last edited:
What, have you seen the statistics, the ref don't concern me , manly does and our defence was crap.Every team suffers from bad referees at some stage.If your leading 16 nil and can't tackle then this is what happens.It's a no brainer.
We can always improve but the defensive structure looked good against spouffs and Boncos. The loss of Mason and trovavijch didn't help.

To win that game after all the things that went against us and playing a team that had 2 players in their team who according to the rules of the game should not have been allowed to play while we were denied playing playing Willie because of a pedantic rule change shows you just how tough and resilient this team is. I really believed that at 16-24 we were out of juice and struggling to keep going but then our clutch players, Killer, DCE, Feleti and Snake snatch the game for us. I am so proud of what they have done over the last month. Goes to show that our spirit is alive and kicking and we are still a chance of making the finals, Well done boys for believing in your coach and yourselves. Now to smash the whingers out of the park next Sunday.

Jeez a win makes the start of the week a whole lot better. Sunday night blues aren't as blue.

In frustration I was weeding the garden for the middle 20 mins of the 2nd half. I snuck a look at the iPad in time to see the matchwinner.

It was always going to be tough down there in Canberra today.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8