Generic thread title.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Choc 'forced' out of Manly - family gutted

moffy said:
Ryan said:
niccipops said:
Ryan said:
Close - Foran to Chooks. And I say ... him. Let him go now, and use Lyon at 5/8, and bring Gutherson in. Lyon won a GF 40-0 in that position.

I really hope Foz stays. What I saw from him for the Kiwis is what we need from him at Manly.

I hate losing our players. Wasn't sad about T.Rex. Hoppa was just a kid so he hadn't been around long enough for me to miss.
I'm still missing Kitey. Losing Gift is a real disappointment.
I know many are happy that Choc is gone. I'm not amongst the many despite his recent actions.
King is a different case as he retired a one club legend.

Foz going would be a tough one but it's probably a 50/50 likelihood.

I have Manly player attachment issues.:rolleyes:

Me too Nicci.

But it aint 50/50. Foran is gone after the coming season 100%. I think we should move on now.

Another season of crap given the good that was just done, will be woeful.

Why is foran gone did he tell you.

there is no word at the moment that Foran is leaving... however there is obviously something playing on his mind.

hopefully after the nations , he can come back as the old foran we love.

plenty of rumors for - roosters, dogs, canberra , dragons but its all RUMORS.... for example if Maloney has a great season he will resign and there is no room for Foran..

bones said:
Breaking news on channel 9 just now. Watmough is joining Parramatta. Thanks channel 9.

Bit sad really. What a shame.

bones said:
Breaking news on channel 9 just now. Watmough is joining Parramatta. Thanks channel 9.

Does that mean if it was breaking news today this is the second contract he signed with parra this week. Are they trying to emulate the storm

Cannot believe that parra signed him for 4 years.

PARRAMATTA have finally confirmed the lucrative signing of Test forward Anthony Watmough for the next four seasons.

One of rugby league’s worse kept secrets, the Eels signed off on the Manly backrower’s signature on Thursday afternoon

Parra-doesn't-matta signed Choc for 4 years?

No wonder the club is a basket case. No offence to Choc but I doubt he has 4 good years left in him, especially when he's going to go from a club used to premiership success to one that will struggle to make the top 8 (with Hayne they might have been a chance to play finals.....without him they're an also-ran).

Sure I'm sad to see Choc go because he's been a rock for this club. But time moves on and now I won't have to wince every time he gets the ball for fear he'll drop it.

I heard his bicep has finally blown and needs 2015 for surgery/recovery.

globaleagle said:
I heard his bicep has finally blown and needs 2015 for surgery/recovery.

I heard his brain has finally blown and he's spending four years in the Parramatta asylum.

Maybe Choc is doing what's best for him.

He is joining Parramatta so he won't have to play September footy thus giving his body a chance to recover a bit more.

That's at least two games less he'll playing each year with them.

bones said:

He will need longer sleeves to cover up his manly tats

The recruitment of choc to a four year deal really shows the difference between the clubs

We take fringe first graders / juniors from them for little or no money (think wolf, hodko etc) they take established first graders for way too much (choc, hoppa , darcy)

"I'd rather my family be happy and me be happy at another club than be miserable for another three years."

Quote from choc

I'm disappointed at the circumstances of his departure, but I can see him prospering at the Eels, at least for a year or two.
In fact, his addition would have made them serious contenders if they had not lost Hayne. I still think they'll be strong, though probably not top 4 material.
I predict that watching him play with Parra, and the effect he will have on their other forwards, will remind us just how much he has brought to Manly teams over the past decade.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I'm disappointed at the circumstances of his departure, but I can see him prospering at the Eels, at least for a year or two.
In fact, his addition would have made them serious contenders if they had not lost Hayne. I still think they'll be strong, though probably not top 4 material.
I predict that watching him play with Parra, and the effect he will have on their other forwards, will remind us just how much he has brought to Manly teams over the past decade.

I disagree. Only because there will be a lot more time off the field, due to injury as the barely functioning bits start to fall apart. You can only play with heart for so long, and given his 100% efforts, I can't see him seriously getting more than two seasons worth of games in the next four.

you'd love to be a fly on the wall at training HQ last season!

Why was Choc going home miserable and moody after training last year?

He has stated "it just wasn't the same place for me anymore"...

He still had Foran, Snake, Matai, Lyon, Ballin and co. from the glory days of the 2011?! Maybe the younger brigade have started imposing themselves on the club more, and he didn't like it?!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Without Hayne they are nothing , Im predicting bottom four.

hes full of **** thats why. "I wanted to follow Brad". We know (we already knew... i guess it confirms) who was leaking **** to the media. Choc didnt want to follow Des after 10 years yet 1 year as a forwards coach he wanted to goto Parra as Manly was so awful. Go get farked Choc. We all know you left for Money. I dont blame you for that.. at least be honest about it instead of bagging your club. Lost all respect from me.

KaZa said:
hes full of ... thats why. "I wanted to follow Brad". We know (we already knew... i guess it confirms) who was leaking ... to the media. Choc didnt want to follow Des after 10 years yet 1 year as a forwards coach he wanted to goto Parra as Manly was so awful. Go get farked Choc. We all know you left for Money. I dont blame you for that.. at least be honest about it instead of bagging your club. Lost all respect from me.

do you really think if he simply left for money, he would bother slagging the club? If he was totally content with Manly but got a better offer from Parramatta, wouldn't he just come out and say "I loved my time at Manly, but I had to do what was right for me and my family"?

I don't get what you think he is achieving by slagging off the club, if he doesn't really mean it? I don't know the ins and outs, but it certainly appears that something or someone got his goat. I agree he should keep it to himself, but I don't know that Choc is making this up; he seems genuinely peeved at Manly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6