Generic thread title.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Choc 'forced' out of Manly - family gutted

I just read the SMH article and to be honest, I'm not particularly offended by it. He just said that he wasn't happy here after Glen signed with Souths and he was going home moody and implied he was taking it out on his family.
He noted that he still had many friends at Manly, including Toovey, he wasn't about to move from the area and would always be a Northern Beaches Boy at heart.
He just felt it was best for everyone if he moved on.
All perfectly reasonable as far as I'm concerned.

Wish I could be miserable at work for 600k a year. Pissweak. The whole issue has been full of lies and biatching via the media. His issues derailed our 2014 campaign. We had a shot at minor and major premierships. I'm not saying we would have beaten Souffs even at our best but it cost us a shot and for that he can go and get f....d.Plus he's gone to our sworn enemy. That westie scum can also go and get f...d.

As I have said before he's going to seriously wish,in about a decade from now, he'd stayed a one club player . Very few get to say that and are honoured in the game having done so.

It's really just about money, always was, he gets a 4th year at the Squeals , and banks another $600k in the super account, and that's what it was always about.

Oh and getting that at age 36 ( more fools to the Eels).

Snake said:
KaZa said:
hes full of ... thats why. "I wanted to follow Brad". We know (we already knew... i guess it confirms) who was leaking ... to the media. Choc didnt want to follow Des after 10 years yet 1 year as a forwards coach he wanted to goto Parra as Manly was so awful. Go get farked Choc. We all know you left for Money. I dont blame you for that.. at least be honest about it instead of bagging your club. Lost all respect from me.

do you really think if he simply left for money, he would bother slagging the club? If he was totally content with Manly but got a better offer from Parramatta, wouldn't he just come out and say "I loved my time at Manly, but I had to do what was right for me and my family"?

I don't get what you think he is achieving by slagging off the club, if he doesn't really mean it? I don't know the ins and outs, but it certainly appears that something or someone got his goat. I agree he should keep it to himself, but I don't know that Choc is making this up; he seems genuinely peeved at Manly.

He is just making it out like he was forced out due to issues at Manly which is bull****. What goes on with the board etc should not affect the daily life of a footballer to be 'miserable'. Every other player besides 1 or 2 of his 'mates' are disgruntled. In the end.. Glen Stewart left with his head held high and he had more right than anyone to bag the club and he didnt. Watmough is stupid and his antics and attitude has been appalling. If you believe his tripe.. fair play to you. I certainly don't.

KaZa said:
Snake said:
KaZa said:
hes full of ... thats why. "I wanted to follow Brad". We know (we already knew... i guess it confirms) who was leaking ... to the media. Choc didnt want to follow Des after 10 years yet 1 year as a forwards coach he wanted to goto Parra as Manly was so awful. Go get farked Choc. We all know you left for Money. I dont blame you for that.. at least be honest about it instead of bagging your club. Lost all respect from me.

do you really think if he simply left for money, he would bother slagging the club? If he was totally content with Manly but got a better offer from Parramatta, wouldn't he just come out and say "I loved my time at Manly, but I had to do what was right for me and my family"?

I don't get what you think he is achieving by slagging off the club, if he doesn't really mean it? I don't know the ins and outs, but it certainly appears that something or someone got his goat. I agree he should keep it to himself, but I don't know that Choc is making this up; he seems genuinely peeved at Manly.

He is just making it out like he was forced out due to issues at Manly which is bull****. What goes on with the board etc should not affect the daily life of a footballer to be 'miserable'. Every other player besides 1 or 2 of his 'mates' are disgruntled. In the end.. Glen Stewart left with his head held high and he had more right than anyone to bag the club and he didnt. Watmough is stupid and his antics and attitude has been appalling. If you believe his tripe.. fair play to you. I certainly don't.

Yeah I can see what ur saying, but if he is happy with the club but just leaving for money, why is he bagging the club? I'm not saying ur wrong, but I am asking why u think he doing this?

He was grumpy and moody at Manly??
Can't see that improving copping floggings every second week at Parra.
Good luck with that Choc.

Snake said:
KaZa said:
Snake said:
KaZa said:

Yeah I can see what ur saying, but if he is happy with the club but just leaving for money, why is he bagging the club? I'm not saying ur wrong, but I am asking why u think he doing this?
He's bagging the club to justify his decision to himself. A lot of people make decisions in life and rather than tell the truth about why (this case being money) they make **** up so they feel better about the decision they made. In the end blaming the club makes it easier for him to leave.

Mavin said:
Snake said:
KaZa said:
Snake said:
KaZa said:

He's bagging the club to justify his decision to himself. A lot of people make decisions in life and rather than tell the truth about why (this case being money) they make ... up so they feel better about the decision they made. In the end blaming the club makes it easier for him to leave.

pretty much this. Hes trying to avoid being hated by the Manly fans but i think if he was honest we would have been fine with him. This whole saga he has created.. well has not gone down well.

Choc should have taken a leaf out of Beaver's book. The guy took less money to be a one club man even though we had troubles at the club, he is now a great legend. I don't think Watmough will be held in the same regard.

Watmough will regret this decision.

Merdy33 said:
I just read the SMH article and to be honest, I'm not particularly offended by it. He just said that he wasn't happy here after Glen signed with Souths and he was going home moody and implied he was taking it out on his family.
He noted that he still had many friends at Manly, including Toovey, he wasn't about to move from the area and would always be a Northern Beaches Boy at heart.
He just felt it was best for everyone if he moved on.
All perfectly reasonable as far as I'm concerned.

Just read it myself and pretty much agree. He wasn't happy so he moved on and it probably will work out best for everybody.
But yeah, it'll be funny if he goes home miserable and moody after getting flogged every week at Parra. What's the old saying? "Wherever you go, there you are."

swoop said:
Choc should have taken a leaf out of Beaver's book. The guy took less money to be a one club man even though we had troubles at the club, he is now a great legend. I don't think Watmough will be held in the same regard.

Agree, in time he will.

We've all been upset and dwelt on things and when we look back we wished we'd handled things differently.
How many times during our relationships/jobs/marriages have we thrown ur hands in the air and ranted "that's it, I've had enough, I'm out!" but due to circumstances we end up staying, that's life.

But I remember reading an old adage in one of Wayne Bennett's books and it sums up life pretty well.

"One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside all people.
He said, 'My son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.'

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: 'Which wolf wins?'

The old Cherokee simply replied, 'The one you feed.'"

I assume Choc didn't know this story and he fed the wrong wolf.

All the best to him, I hope he proves us all wrong and his leaving allows the club to move on and continue to do what they do.
He'll always be a Manly boy but he would've ended up the most capped of all but....

Mark from Brisbane said:
swoop said:

Agree, in time he will.

He's gone to the NRL players' graveyard.

4 years of travelling and playing with parra.....and he thought he was miserable this year.........

Mmmmmmmmm

swoop said:

Who? never heard of the trash :)

I look forwarded to seeing Matai line him up and put him to the ground.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8