Generic thread title.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
RE: Choc 'forced' out of Manly - family gutted

images

simon64 said:
Choc probably figured there was no future for him post football because he's not very marketable and constructing sentences has never been his strong suit.

And you'd find it hard to argue with that.

Tailor-made for sideline expert on Ch9 League coverage then!!!

Can we rescind this guys life membership and give it to Glenn.

Glenn was forced out and has been nothing but class. Choc has chosen to leave and has been nothing but an ass.

Funniest thing - he's whinging about a private conversation being leaked to the press. I don't see him complaining about all the press Weedler gave him during the season. I also haven't seen any other players going to the press like he did and whinging and complaining about the club. I guess he thinks irony is what his wife does to the washing once it's dry.

The lack of class in the last few days has been a disappointment. Clubs always have internal issues, but as Arko notes, players are there to play. Choc sounds like he thinks the club owes him!!!

Like a solider, Choc is inheriting a tradition and ethos that is not his to personally own. Manly's culture is nearly 70 years in the making; not something Choc (and his mates) developed in the last decade.

The irony is that on the way out, Choc has spat on the very culture that he suggests he was responsible for. 'We dragged this club up,' followed by a middle finger to that opportunity provided him to develop into a top-shelf player.

Players come and go; most with class and dignity. They are the ones we later put on a pedestal for services to the club, no matter whether they started and/or finished in our colours. Fulton, Toovey, Beaver, Kite, Gift.

Whether he left or stayed, Choc could have retained something special with the fans. Instead, it's all about Choc; an individual failing that has never sat well with Manly fans and the club culture.

Good bye and thanks for your efforts. It's been a great romp while it lasted, but don't expect me to now respect you in the morning.

Some players are all class, great examples of this in recent years Beaver & Kitey, I'll never forget seeing Kitey after the 2013 GF at the players function in tears, he really loved the place and never said a bad word after leaving.

As a Life Member of the club I would expect better from Choc, regardless of how he felt all that needed to be said was " thanks for the great times Manly now it's time for a new challenge ".

Its funny Gifty probably has the bigger gripe and yet not a bad word spoken.

I was happy to give this idiot benefit of doubt but he is just ****ing drongo
* arthur better coach than hasler....or toovs
* missus tells him what to do well.....not first bloke to do this
* clubs owes him, for hard times during northern eagle days....and he had a say on things ... What about kingy, snake, beaver shall we go on.
* parading in parra jumper really? Has gifty done this
* airing dirty laundry on way out, no class.
* club standing by him while he urines on a window in public and gropes a sponsors daughter at club function.
* had gut feeling this idiot would turn on us, not a brain cell in him.

I believe he didn't grope the sponsor's daughter, however he insulted her prior to slapping her father.

Either way how ironic we stood by him but he has not, i say he is the problem.
Parra can have him, he is past it our pack struggled for yards all year he has to take brunt of this problem.
Sick of his crap, dare say gifty would still be here if not for this moron.

mmmdl said:
Funniest thing - he's whinging about a private conversation being leaked to the press. I don't see him complaining about all the press Weedler gave him during the season. I also haven't seen any other players going to the press like he did and whinging and complaining about the club. I guess he thinks irony is what his wife does to the washing once it's dry.

Thought exactly the same thing. I didn't notice any of the directors who supposedly leaked his private conversations doing weekly interviews with Danny Weidler.

He really thinks he is part of the Latte set now "I was sitting at the crown st Grocer in Surry Hills just before the announcement" what???, the bloke is a moron. He then says that he told Brad Arthur two years ago "if you get a head coach job I would love to play under you, so here we are"????? But a conversation leaked this year caused it?? It's a contradiction. According to him it was all the clubs fault cause it changed and he was disgruntled however he re-signs with Manly that same year that he tells Arthur he would love to play under him??? Choc isn't very bright poor bugger. Oh well I won't miss him now.

Choc stated he doesn't think he's bigger than Manly but contradicts himself somewhat with words and actions. Please stop talking about Manly, Choc. You are now a Parra player so just get on with that.

As for the Hitler reference that's where the media's influence comes into play in this situation.
- Choc's not happy and it's leaked to the media.
- Constant articles are printed quoting Choc and speculating about his future.
- Articles are printed about his rift with DCE.
- Choc frequently appears on 9 with Weirdler.
- All Choc's agitating gets back to the club and many parties aren't happy, including fans.
- Manly peoples' opinions' are changing about Choc, at the club (except for fellow disgruntled).
- Choc knows this and it adds to his bitterness.
- After the ongoing drama the club decides it's best for both parties to let him go.

I'm not defending Choc here just saying that IMO the media has played a role in the outcome of this situation. They constantly hound players, sometimes setting the up in 'no win' situations and many of them can't see that they're being manipulated.

Huge media focus this year has been on Choc, Robbie Farah, Paul Gallen and Darius Boyd. It's no wonder that two of these four have claimed depression.
Not only do they contend with what is printed about them but also social media reactions by keyboard warriors.

The media should stop hounding players and report on the game and maybe the good things that many players do in their communities and beyond.

Did anyone, have this bitterness to media say bozo, fatty, ronnie gibbs, shearer.

swoop said:
Should of kept Gifty and got rid of Watmough. This would of at least kept Brett happy.
Agree, but whatever the case it seems Choc would be like a Tomcat,
getting it & still growling.

You are a tool Choc!

Move on from this. Our fans have had a gutful of your drivel.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
ALinda said:
Mavin said:
He's bagging the club to justify his decision to himself. A lot of people make decisions in life and rather than tell the truth about why (this case being money) they make ... up so they feel better about the decision they made. In the end blaming the club makes it easier for him to leave.

You make a lot of sense @Mavin and I think correctly explains why he's bagging the club.

Yes in time he will regret his decision by realising money isn't everything.
And making himself free of blame. Don't know how true it is but I did laugh when Andrew Voss said he'd heard a story that said that his desire to go to Parra came up at a Board meeting and one of the directors was heard to say: "Quick, get me my keys. I'll drive him!"

That would be true. And up until the Penn's bought the majority share, that same director wanted Brett Stewart to go as well. The only reason he wasn't released is because he hadn't asked for one. Had Snake asked for a release prior to the Penn buy out, he'd be gone. The Penn buy out was too late to save Choc, hopefully it has saved Snake.

So Choc played for Manly under Des and Toovs and NSW and Australia and an assistant coach he had for one year is the best coach he's ever had?

No wonder he dropped out of school before finishing year 9 as he clearly lacks brains, even now...

Choc said Arthur just edged out Peter Sharp as the best coach ever.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10