Generic thread title.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Choc 'forced' out of Manly - family gutted

StuBoot said:
We've all been upset and dwelt on things and when we look back we wished we'd handled things differently.
How many times during our relationships/jobs/marriages have we thrown ur hands in the air and ranted "that's it, I've had enough, I'm out!" but due to circumstances we end up staying, that's life.

But I remember reading an old adage in one of Wayne Bennett's books and it sums up life pretty well.

"One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside all people.
He said, 'My son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.'

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: 'Which wolf wins?'

The old Cherokee simply replied, 'The one you feed.'"

I assume Choc didn't know this story and he fed the wrong wolf.

All the best to him, I hope he proves us all wrong and his leaving allows the club to move on and continue to do what they do.
He'll always be a Manly boy but he would've ended up the most capped of all but....

I enjoyed that StuBoot.

Look i am happy with what he explained, if your not happy move on. We have spent hours on reasons.
He will always be a legend in eagle town, he has won lotto on a 4 year deal. He will last 3.

Mavin said:
He's bagging the club to justify his decision to himself. A lot of people make decisions in life and rather than tell the truth about why (this case being money) they make ... up so they feel better about the decision they made. In the end blaming the club makes it easier for him to leave.

You make a lot of sense @Mavin and I think correctly explains why he's bagging the club.

Yes in time he will regret his decision by realising money isn't everything.

ALinda said:
Mavin said:
He's bagging the club to justify his decision to himself. A lot of people make decisions in life and rather than tell the truth about why (this case being money) they make ... up so they feel better about the decision they made. In the end blaming the club makes it easier for him to leave.

You make a lot of sense @Mavin and I think correctly explains why he's bagging the club.

Yes in time he will regret his decision by realising money isn't everything.
And making himself free of blame. Don't know how true it is but I did laugh when Andrew Voss said he'd heard a story that said that his desire to go to Parra came up at a Board meeting and one of the directors was heard to say: "Quick, get me my keys. I'll drive him!"

Having watched the press conference with Choc it seemed that he hardly believed he went through with it.
He got it in his head that he'd go for money after Gift wasn't re-signed and did his best to maximise his career as an Nrl player.
He's now an Nrl athlete not a one club legend.
Shame about that I reckon.

I have a saying that I use often; if you can't change you situation, change your attitude.

Well, Choc could change his situation. The question though is whether he's changed his attitude. If he's switched to a 'for the money' player, how does that help when/if Parra struggle (again)?

Mark from Brisbane said:
swoop said:
Choc should have taken a leaf out of Beaver's book. The guy took less money to be a one club man even though we had troubles at the club, he is now a great legend. I don't think Watmough will be held in the same regard.

Watmough will regret this decision.

Agree, in time he will.

Choc probably figured there was no future for him post football because he's not very marketable and constructing sentences has never been his strong suit.

And you'd find it hard to argue with that.

And Choc will come to Brookie and wonder why he gets booed??

Does anyone boo Kitey? Will anyone boo Gifty?

Just zero class Choc.

A lot of people were saying originally before this was finalized 'why have people turned on Choc'. And this is the reason. Deepdown we all knew this kind of things was coming.

Choc hasn't missed anyone on the way out that's for sure. Has admitted having arguments with the board, Tooves and DCE.
God it must've been a toxic environment last year, its incredible we did so well in the circumstances.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/a-private-conversation-that-ended-up-in-the-press-was-the-last-straw-for-anthony-watmough-at-manly/story-e6frf3tc-1227108538988

This place is a f""""en joke, how are players expected to play in this rubbish atmosphere.

winnyason said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/a-private-conversation-that-ended-up-in-the-press-was-the-last-straw-for-anthony-watmough-at-manly/story-e6frf3tc-1227108538988

This place is a f""""en joke, how are players expected to play in this rubbish atmosphere.

So his leaked conversations came from the club? Not from Origin camp? Really?

winnyason said:

So someone from the club leaked that Choc wasn't happy at Manly? I still don't see how it's Manly's fault. The only negativity is coming from Choc.

Arthurs the best he worked under? What a slap in the face to Des. Hes in dreamland. Arthur gave you the biggest pay day. Hes a joke Watmough. I am glad hes gone and i am happy for that chapter to be closed.

Just if he sees this or someone he knows sees this. I will boo you Choc. Not Gifty or Kitey who respected this club.

Should have gone in peace Choc. Slagging off at the club on the way out has lost yourself a lot of respect. No one is bigger than the club, thanks for the memories

It's amazing that at the end of the year, watmough is the only player to have changed clubs.

That's all I can surmise about the endless stories and pics of him in his new gear.

Haven't found any amount of other stories to this level.

It's a shame that after blaming leaks and airing of dirty laundry as his decision to leave, he now feels entitles to do the same (without seeing the irony) whilst still claiming to be a northern beaches boy at heart and the legend that built this amazing Manly culture.

Whilst that is his right to hold himself to his own (misguided) levels of deity, I (we) have the similar right to adjust (or not) our own opinions.

Mine has drifted more to... well if posted it would look like a lot of ".......'s" as the censor kicks in.

Hopefully the pet dog returns the family brain cell and he may realise he can possibly shut up now, stop bagging Manly and get on to claiming those spoons.

In other words, unless I was sitting next to Marga....I'd happily and raucously boo him in his return to Brookie! No Manly legend there.

“And when I was starting to be made look like Hitler ... I knew it was time.”

He's hard at it already tarnishing his Manly legacy. He should really try shutting up for 5 minutes and at most saying "I'm here at Parra and ready for a new start". The bagging out just makes him look sad (and incredibly stupid but well, we kinda knew that)

The way Gifty was treated was way worse than anything Choc was dealt. Yet all we have heard from Gifty was how much he loved the club and not once did he say a bad thing about the place post contract negotiations. Shows the different character of the two men. Also, we didn't see Gifty parading around in a Rabbitohs jumper. I'm glad Watmough has left, it's just a real shame he didn't do so before Gifty was shown the door.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8