Gordon Chan Kum Tong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That Cooper Johns guy really showed great ability in our trials too... oops!
The Indiscretion that you have with the Cooper Johns comparison feathered friend is that
GCKT is not Cooper Johns ,
Cooper Johns is himself and does not define anyone else's ability but only his

Hey Woodsie - hope your well mate, well I like to exaggerate a little mate....is that ok with you 😅
He does have some zip in attack
He does have some tackling deficiencies
It's how it is....personally I reckon he has ability ....and like most rookies, some rough edges, he ain't a Harry Grant or Cook....but just may add more flare in 10-15 minutes stints than what we have shown and sorry Woodie, you ain't changin my stubborn mind mate

His biggest problem isn't talent ... it's physical ... simply, his arms aren't long enough.

He hasn't played 1st grade yet because the selectors don't think he's ready ... and I agree with them 100% ...

you Gordie for President numbnuts are dreaming ..
The Selectors credibility is that they keep on Picking Woods instead of your Hero and the better prospect Keppie and I disagree with them 100 % and You have disagreed as well on your posts

And for those that think that Woods is our answer to Seibolds wanting more grunt ofF the bench are dreaming as well feathered friend .

Geoff Toovey would like a word…
Big Hearts make up for small limbs
And the Biggest and toughest heart pound for pound was our Legendary Premiership Winning Geoff Toovey
1689820972003.png

Hes played quite well whenever i have caught him. He just has speed and control of the ruck. Croker doesnt. Its why we lack so much direction at times. His defence is a little suspect.. but being a 'goer' is more than most in our current side.

He reminds me a whole lot of Cameron Cummins ... he was the greatest reggie hooker in history ... won several premierships and player of the year for QLD cup ... but when he went up to 1st grde ... Nah ... his arms were too short.

Geoff Toovey would like a word…

Thank you .... that is the exception that proves the rule .... how many of Toovey's size has there been in the 22 years since he retired ... Zero, Nada, none, nil, zip and bugger all.

Unless of course you are suggesting that Gordy is a generational player as good s 2V ....

also, the game has changed a whole lot, hookers used to tackle, but not as much as today ... but the biggest difference is 2V could get away with, pound for pound, the best tackling technique EVaR ... but where he tackled front on or grass cut them .... today wouldn't work ... today they have to wrap the ball and the player up ... and his arms probably, and sadly, wouldn't be long enough.

Thank you .... that is the exception that proves the rule .... how many of Toovey's size has there been in the 22 years since he retired ... Zero, Nada, none, nil, zip and bugger all.

Unless of course you are suggesting that Gordy is a generational player as good s 2V ....

also, the game has changed a whole lot, hookers used to tackle, but not as much as today ... but the biggest difference is 2V could get away with, pound for pound, the best tackling technique EVaR ... but where he tackled front on or grass cut them .... today wouldn't work ... today they have to wrap the ball and the player up ... and his arms probably, and sadly, wouldn't be long enough.
Also,in Tooves’ day,the average size of players he had to tackle,would be classed as small nowadays

Not at all, but we'll never know if he never gets a go in the NRL. And if not now, when? We're no hope of making the finals and have nothing to lose.

I don't want to take anything away from Croker's heart or defensive prowess - he and Jake hold down the middle essentially on their own - but he can't be our hooker for 80 minutes of every game. He needs help. I was hoping it would be provided by Lawton, but he's been injured or out of form all season, so why not the kid with the big smile and tiny arms?

My main fear is that Croker's 50 tackles a game and occasional 40/20 mask the fact that he is, at best, a barely adequate dummy half. And yet despite that, he's still one of our best players every week.

It's odd, because while I don't think we'll ever win a competition with him, we definitely won't win games without him. Like the team as a whole, he is something of an enigma.

I think Humphries is definitely the plan, maybe not next year, however, certainly 2025.

You don’t move a quality half into No9 unless there is a definite plan.

GCKT is with Tartak and I think it may be 👋 bye bye, even though he has his new contract next year. Off to Tigers.

I think Haumole is also likely to look for a release, as all his ‘family’ have left the club and, that could be a swap for Bateman and if so, as much as I like Haumole, I’d take that. Bateman already claims he hates losing and to be with Manly, would enhance his opportunities.

Kelma Tuilagi has not been a good signing in my opinion, as he has added minimal value to the team, and I am surprised he’s in and Bullemor is out this week.

I still wonder how much all this change with the younger players is to do with the Rainbow debacle last year. It cost us any chance of getting into the finals and even though the players say they have gotten over it maybe other people in the club haven’t.

Bateman already claims he hates losing and to be with Manly, would enhance his opportunities.
The only problem with that is that we lose almost as often as the Tigers do. You don't move from one also-ran to another if you don't like losing.

I still wonder how much all this change with the younger players is to do with the Rainbow debacle last year. It cost us any chance of getting into the finals and even though the players say they have gotten over it maybe other people in the club haven’t.
But we resigned Schuster who opted out and let two guys go who had nothing to do with it?

Gordon was no standout as junior, there are weaknesses in his game.

Humphries is a chance of transitioning to 9, much like Fainu did.
He’s been going well at 9 in Flegg from what I’ve heard.

Our Flegg team seems to thrive when Harradyn Wilson plays at 7… I wonder if he’s in the plans.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8