Grand Final Entertainment (AKA: 'The SSM Debate Thread')

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
Entertainment has never been a memorable thing of the Grand Final but I still see it as making the event a "spectacle".

Why on earth would the NRL hire a half arsed, one hit wonder like Macklemore and in doing so, already moved the focus to the Gay Marriage debate?

The stupidity of the NRL continues to amaze me.

Sorry for the sopabox moment.

Just saw what should be the entertainment.
A band on the footy show called Easyfever made up of Grinspoon's Phil Jamieson, Tex Perkins and Tim Rogers performed a bunch of Easybeats hits.
They rocked.
If you get a chance have a look.
As Molly says " Do yourself a favour".

Entertainment has never been a memorable thing of the Grand Final but I still see it as making the event a "spectacle".

Why on earth would the NRL hire a half arsed, one hit wonder like Macklemore and in doing so, already moved the focus to the Gay Marriage debate?

If Tiny Rabbit hadn't made such a fuss over it, it would have passed as all the usual crappy entertainment does .... remember Billy Idol ...maybe Tiny can arrange another power outage to satisfy all the bigots ...

Last edited:
I would like to think it is a master stroke by the nrl, giving the game worldwide headlines. However I think it was more likely just a very handy but unintentional signing and greenturd will take as much credit as he can bleed out of the situation.
Abbott is just making himself look even more of a tool - yet again

This happens each and every year - google the 'stars' that we had to sit through :cool:

The promoters utilize the free NRL publicity for their stars, who usually announce an upcomming Oz Tour date.

This year is no different, except for the 'No' Voters highlighting one song's lyrics to wring their hands over :confused:

Enjoy the footy and queue for the loo and drinks at half time, then you'll miss every half time entertainer anyway :p

Last edited:
@bob dylan could get his crew back together (where possible @:() and play a bit of "Tweeter and the Monkey man". Endless interpretations.

As Macklemore said, he's getting a lot of tweets from old, angry white men.

If you are a major business and DON'T side with marriage equality then you are turning away most of your future customers to hang onto a few over 60's who will all be dead soon and the gen Y and milenials will not give you their money.

As Macklemore said, he's getting a lot of tweets from old, angry white men.

If you are a major business and DON'T side with marriage equality then you are turning away most of your future customers to hang onto a few over 60's who will all be dead soon and the gen Y and milenials will not give you their money.
images (7).jpg

One must should be The Fastest League Player race.
That would be much more interesting than an imported crap artist.
I'd love nothing more than a fastest player race. Put up $50k for the winner and get it done (but yeah, clubs will knock it back)

Seriously , is entertainment really needed??

Isn’t this just to match the AFL?

An absolute and utter waste of money, think about what his fee could do to Junior Rugby League, my Grandsons in Moree play and they get ZILCH from the NRL.
Anybody 'mature' enough to remember the wonderful entertainment from the talented Indigenous (PC) bloke who'd throw a boomerang through the goal posts at Brookie Oval?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4