Hasler's trail of carnage split club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
vidmar said:
Still had to put a little "I don't like" in there - but, overall a good try...?

When it all seems to be too much - just remember that you are supporting the premiers and that things will get better?

If you put it in context I only did the "I don;t like" to save having to list 95% of the group in the like column.

I'd have rather said "I'm supporting the premiers and that things will get better" 5 weeks ago, rather than the current situation 5 weeks later. I would love for DSM5 to be right and for everything on one side of this situation to have been squeaky clean, but even by Jonesy's admissions on these forums of some of the underhandedness that has transpired, what seems to have transpired over the past 5 weeks is a lose/lose situation for all involved. The ends don't justify the means IMO.

DSM5 said:
DSM5, a good guy, now you're getting warmer.

Did I read that in there somewhere?

You know what? I reckon you probably are.

Is it correct to say that all the dramas involving Des and the board started back in 2010 when the board wanted to wait to see how the team performed in 2011 before they would decide on what size contract to put forward to Hasler?
If the answer is yes, then I would think that is more than fair enough considering Manly only scraped into the finals in 2010 because of the Storm's salary cap debacle. Had the Storm not lost all their points in 2010 Manly would have missed the play offs. Only just scraped in and were beaten 28-0. Thats on top of an early exit courtesy of a 30 point thrashing in week one of the finals in 2009. No one knew at that stage Manly would be Premiers in 2011, in fact most tipped them to not even feature in the finals. It's easy to say with hindsight he should have been signed longterm. In any case, If he simply backed himself instead of taking his bat and ball and going home he would have got what he wanted anyway. Scott Penn, being the guy who pays the bills, had every right to wait to see how the team fared before making an offer.

DSM5 said:
UP, I imagine Des paid their salaries as well. I fail to see how an employee can breach his contract, and still stay within his 'rights'. Sitting in a car outside an employees house for a couple of hours seems to me to be a mite excessive in the employment stakes. Seems a tad excessive.
Well I suppose I meant legally wrong but perhaps morally ok by me.

I mean the staff employed by Des were not necessarily Manly fans and owed their loyalty to Des not the club and he was only intending to take them from 2013 originally.

He has denied the sitting in the car allegation btw.

Give me a break here its hard when you find out one of your idols has feet of clay.

bones said:
Is it correct to say that all the dramas involving Des and the board started back in 2010 when the board wanted to wait to see how the team performed in 2011 before they would decide on what size contract to put forward to Hasler?

The KPIs were first demanded in the summer of 2008/9 as I understand it, immediately following a record-breaking Premiership win. Penn was not the one asking for them either, again as far as I understand.

Matabele said:
bones said:

The KPIs were first demanded in the summer of 2008/9 as I understand it, immediately following a record-breaking Premiership win. Penn was not the one asking for them either, again as far as I understand.

What do you make of the allegations in the paper over the weekend that it was Graham Lowe who was against extending Hasler's deal.

bob dylan said:
This whole saga has been explained to me today as follows.

the old "gravy train" that has been enjoyed by many is coming to and end, and some of those onboard ain't too happy.

The Times They Are a-Changin'.

Maybe we should get Cat Steven Peace Train here, picked up some posters and of to la la land with you. free tickets but you cant come back till your happy.

I asked Grant Mayer once about KPI's...he said "what KPI's".

They have been mentioned a lot on here over the years BUT are they real....ie as in "does anyone have a copy of them"??

I think the KPI's might fall into the same vein as the Goat pictures.....mythical!!

bones said:
What do you make of the allegations in the paper over the weekend that it was Graham Lowe who was against extending Hasler's deal.

From what I can work out, and its only my interpretation, Lowe was the catalyst for cutting Des back to a more normal coaching role, as opposed to running the whole show.

Having one man running as much as Des was must of been identified as a "dangerous situation". They must of decided to change, and Des didnt like it.

I fully understand both sides.

I note that that bald bloke from Canterbury said Des would be only responsible for the football side of things...

Good luck with that, Greenturd!

bones said:
Matabele said:
bones said:

I doubt my opinion of Graham Lowe needs to be repeated.

The Who said:
I note that that bald bloke from Canterbury said Des would be only responsible for the football side of things...

Good luck with that, Greenturd!

His name is Green Dogturd.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I asked Grant Mayer once about KPI's...he said "what KPI's".

They have been mentioned a lot on here over the years BUT are they real....ie as in "does anyone have a copy of them"??

I think the KPI's might fall into the same vein as the Goat pictures.....mythical!!

Or it could have been that he was being evasive with someone he didn't trust.

A lot can change in a year

Just look at these boards for example

This time last year, Our squad was a joke, too old, wouldn't make the 8, Hasler was risk averse and wouldn't give youngers guys a go, and some were suggesting we wouldn't win any of our 1st 5 games and our recruitment and retention was a joke

Now we have all this bloodshed on here over the people/s responsible for all of the above

I'm tempted to dredge up the thread on DCE, the latest Kangaroo, that was started the day we lost to the Storm in Round One. 'twould be very entertaining as some on here wanted him shown the door.

Matabele said:
bones said:
Matabele said:
bones said:

I doubt my opinion of Graham Lowe needs to be repeated.

It may come as a surprise to you but I don't store your opinions on everything in the back of my mind for later reference. I only asked in the chance that maybe he is the one that is to blame for the whole saga.

Maybe the reference was not only directed at you Bones, I would say that there are some that have a virtual dossier of Matabele quotes store for various occasions

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8