Hasler's trail of carnage split club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
I asked Grant Mayer once about KPI's...he said "what KPI's".

They have been mentioned a lot on here over the years BUT are they real....ie as in "does anyone have a copy of them"??

I think the KPI's might fall into the same vein as the Goat pictures.....mythical!!

Or it could have been that he was being evasive with someone he didn't trust.

Low blow Mata's, Grant Mayer used to ring me almost on a weekly basis (always at night), he said there was no one better to talk to for a "fans perpsective"...I sat next to him at Penrith Park the week before he left and we chatted for about an hour before the game.

If that's not trust then nothing is!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Matabele said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
I asked Grant Mayer once about KPI's...he said "what KPI's".

They have been mentioned a lot on here over the years BUT are they real....ie as in "does anyone have a copy of them"??

I think the KPI's might fall into the same vein as the Goat pictures.....mythical!!

Or it could have been that he was being evasive with someone he didn't trust.

Low blow Mata's, Grant Mayer used to ring me almost on a weekly basis (always at night), he said there was no one better to talk to for a "fans perpsective"...I sat next to him at Penrith Park the week before he left and we chatted for about an hour before the game.

If that's not trust then nothing is!

Not necessarily directed at you Mark, more a generic comment that someone in his position would be guarded about talking of that issue.

One thing that Upsets me that as far as i know has been under scrutinised.

If Des was doing all the Contract Negotiations, ir would seem mutually benefical with the get out clases put in to the contract, this not only gave des more leverage over the club, but also drove up his worth in negotiation if there was an implication of, "make me happy or Player a,player b and player C could walk with me "

Pretty Unethical if you ask me, and maybe the primary reason Manly needed to wrestle some control back.

Its pretty Scandalous really. and a highly irregular business model.

Matas, I feel I know you. You're the little red guy with the horns who sits on everyone's shoulder whispering ****e in our ears. Not everything is a conspiracy, not everything is to be sneered at, not everything is to be discounted.

Especially as Grant Meyer came from the Bulldogs originally...?

It all makes sense why he would trust no one....!

Surely Not? No....Could he have been a plant as part of some massive and dastardly plan to try to destabilise us as far back as then?

Lucky he was sussed by Max and the FC!! LOL

Ryan said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Ryan said:
Dear Lord.

Is he at fault as well??

I was going to make a joke about God being a Dogs fan due to Jesus being middle eastern, but that would be totally uncalled for.

Actually the Eagle is the only NRL emblem that makes a positive appearance in Bible lore. And everyone knows original sin entered the equation courtesy of the Eel so it is the God-given right of the Eagle to counter it.

The Bulldog gets to eat the remains of Jezebel come to think of it.

vidmar said:

Surely Not? No....Could he have been a plant as part of some massive and dastardly plan to try to destabilise us as far back as then?

So you can definitively confirm the FC representatives on the Board, and Delmege, did not suggest KPIs should be in place for Hasler as far back as 2008?

DSM5 said:
Matas, I feel I know you. You're the little red guy with the horns who sits on everyone's shoulder whispering ****e in our ears. Not everything is a conspiracy, not everything is to be sneered at, not everything is to be discounted.

And by stalking me you betray you have a thing for men in red tights.

bob dylan said:
bones said:
What do you make of the allegations in the paper over the weekend that it was Graham Lowe who was against extending Hasler's deal.

From what I can work out, and its only my interpretation, Lowe was the catalyst for cutting Des back to a more normal coaching role, as opposed to running the whole show.

Having one man running as much as Des was must of been identified as a "dangerous situation". They must of decided to change, and Des didnt like it.

I fully understand both sides.

I wonder if it would ever be worth having a head coach who also sat on the board/had some equity in the club.

Imagine being back in 2008/2009 and saying to Des: "Look, we think you're doing a good job. In order to keep you happy and committed to the club (and also to ensure that you'll continue to do a good job), we'd like to offer you a position on the board and make you part owner of the MWSE."

What's the downside? Obviously some time between 2008 and now Des and the club haven't gotten along (understatement of the year), but could that have been avoided if the club realised how important he was (you can't deny that he is a good coach) and showed that feeling too?

Just an idea...

vidmar said:

I knew it!

Grant Meyer has now convinced Brett and Glenn Stewart to head to the GWS Giants.

URM changed their logo to incorporate the Bulldog colours.

Penn to expand his empire and move into dentistry for the teethless supporters.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8