Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hoppa to Parra!!!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/william-hopoate-to-sign-with-parramatta-eels/story-e6frexnr-1226157576458

Bad news guys!!!

Esp what Hoppa said about wanting to stay =(

RE: Hoppa to Parra!!!

Parra, what a joke. hahaha. Gee they are paying absolute overs. Half a mil is ridiculous.

That sucks, he is a massive loss!! But at the end of the day you can't blame the guy with that sort of money on offer. Hopefully we can get him back one day down the track.

He will always be a Manly premiership hero, just like his dad. It's lucky he got a premiership so early in his career though, because he won't get another at Parramatta.

I joined this forum a week ago after I was told he signed with us to try and find confirmation of it from the Manly side. I'm surprised how quiet they managed to keep this.

There was nothing on any of the Manly forums regarding it and on the Parra forums everyone thought the Manly player who had signed with us would turn out to be T-rex.

The details on the progress of this have been leaked for a while on the Parra forums but until now it was all just rumours. From what I read; Parra signed Hops little brother (Little-Little finger) earlier this year and had offered a position on the coaching staff to big finger, which apparently got his favour.

Congrats on the grand final by the way guys. As much as I don't like Manly; you played well and deserved the win this year.

I don't mind him leaving afterall it is a business but just last night to say he would love to stay @ Manly when he had an agreement already in place with Parra is a disgrace and with that lost all credibility as a man.

You need to bring up your own players. Buying a bunch of mercenaries won't help you. Look at the bulldogs. On paper a top 4 side but no pride, structure or sense of loyalty and brotherhood.

Good luck to you - you will need it.

Let's analyze the article:

"Stephen Kearney and recruitment boss Peter Nolan have convinced Hopoate to commit to a two-year deal" - so what has been signed? nothing.

"several Manly officials and players were privately discussing William Hopoate's decision in the winning dressing room on Sunday night" who? Name names. Did they come out and say anything to you?

"Sources close to the negotiations" - once again, who?

"Tyrone Smith, was unavailable for comment last night while Eels CEO Paul Osborne and Manly counterpart David Perry could not be contacted" - again, no-one has confirmed anything

"Hopefully they give me a training schedule to keep me in shape and I will stay in touch and let them know how I am going." -who is "they"? Manly or Parramatta? The article makes no mention of who "they" is

"The teenager also threw a dummy yesterday, saying he planned to return to Manly in 2014. "Definitely. It is the club I love," he said. "Manly is the club I grew up supporting." - But as I have pointed out, there is nothing in the article that changes this.

"But well-placed sources at both clubs yesterday confirmed Parramatta had won out," - again, who?

"capping an impressive recruitment drive that's already netted Chris Sandow, Willie Tonga and Ben Roberts." - oh, please. I think there are credibility issues with the writer right here.

From what I can see, the writer overheard some comments about an offer from Parramatta that we all new was coming and has quoted absolutely no-one who is in any position to confirm what he thinks he heard.

Again, I could be wrong, but this article is a masterpiece in saying nothing.

Jerry1 said:
You need to bring up your own players. Buying a bunch of mercenaries won't help you. Look at the bulldogs. On paper a top 4 side but no pride, structure or sense of loyalty and brotherhood.

Good luck to you - you will need it.

Bring up our own players??

1.Hayne - Junior
2.Burt - junior
3.Loko - junior
4. Tonga - junior
5.Sio - junior
6. Roberts - reserve grader bought from NSW cup
7. Sandow - fine, marquee signing
8. Fui - might as well be a junior, unwanted reggies player who reached his true potential with parra
9. M. Keating - junior
10. Mannah - junior
11.Hindmarsh - junior
12. Maitua - player signed up for minimum wage following two year ban
13. Ben Smith - junior
14. Casey McGuire - junior
15. Poore - fine, second marquee signing
16.Allgood - junior
17. Horo/POH/Lasalo/Brien - ALL JUNIORS.

You were saying?

Also, I wasn't here to start an arguement. Just to share what I knew about the details of the signing. I was very diplomatic and polite with what I said. We are all footy fans, no point getting upset at Parra for making a better deal. **** happens.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=392600&page=4

Check out some of these poor parra fans I have baited. They seriously believe I am emotionally distraught.

hahahaha.

Stewart and Lyon won't be retiring in 2014. Paying $500,000 is ridiculous, it looks like we have conned as much money out of them as possible.

Hoppa to Parra!!!

This deal was done months ago. I have been saying on this forum for ages he was an eel.

The worst kept secret in the nrl.

I must add nothing has been signed yet.

Good luck to the young man and don't lose that ring because you won't be getting another one.

Kearney should not get too excited because he will never coach Hoppa. He will be sacked next season after a few rounds. He learnt to coach under the cheats and has the nrls worst roster.

Bit gutted that he spoke about wanting to return to Manly. What a prat.

Hopefully DCE and Foran carve him a new one in 2014.

Merdy33 said:
Let's analyze the article:

I agree with you on your assessment. But turn on Sky News and listen to the discussions/reports on there. It's the original source of the story.

Out of interest. The source who told us week or more ago that we signed a major player playing in the semis (and then in a later post; said the finals). Also stated earlier this afternoon that story would be broken on TV tonight.

From all this I tend to believe him.

wizball1973 said:
Bit gutted that he spoke about wanting to return to Manly. What a prat.

Hopefully DCE and Foran carve him a new one in 2014.

Quote from Will:

Hopoate admitted it would be hard to walk away from the club and the game after tasting premiership success and State of Origin selection in his first year.

But the 19-year-old intends returning to the club that gave him his start.

"It's going to be hard (to leave). I love these boys; they are like my brothers," he said.

"That's the plan (to come back to Manly). The feeling of winning and coming away with a premiership is something I'd like to do again."

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2