Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Hey Guys

i agree with every single point you made. I am not up for paying overs but for a desperate side needing of talent we had to. Maybe we should of signed other talent but this guy is got promise and promise is what we need.

MadMarcus you are the first person here to have spoken out of mind and not hate.

It's a risk we took plus you guys are forgetting -

2014 = T.V Deal = Increase in salary Cap = 500K a season is not much or whatever, people will be getting paid 800K a season and that would be average.

Yes his a risk but this risk might just pay off.

Unfortunately to say Des Hasler is a awesome coach but he is not the best.

The Cheating Bellamy who (robbed the Manly and Eels) is a fine man.
The Old Sack MR Bennet who's fine i guess, could use some plastic surgery but hey its FOOTY.
and third you got this aweomse coach with anger issues Desyy who might leave to the Dogs :)

Terrible club, i don't think so. Our club is moving forward. We wil lsoon win a premiership.

We didn't pinch Dunley from Parra, jbb. I'm pretty certain he was originally a Wests or Balmain junior brought across by Bozo and Dave Nable as a very young fella into our juniors. Manly graded him, he then went to Balmain, the Wests Tigers, Northern Eagles then Parramatta (for only the one season) before returning to Manly when Des became the coach in 2004.

MadMarcus you are the first person here to have spoken out of mind not hate.
[/quote]

I'm sure there's no hate against manly on your forum champ. All love for us there im sure.

RE: leave the hoppas alone

Daniel said:
The vitriol is sad to be honest. Its just a game, just a football club, and just a player.
If someone offered me a 100% pay rise to change jobs, to hell with loyalty I would be all over it.

Sometimes the immaturity and insanity on these boards is cringe worthy

It is just a game? Isn't it a multi-million dollar business that employs scores of people?

For your second point, would you still do the same thing if you were so devoted to religion that you were going to do a mission to devote yourself to God and then so blatantly go after the cash and mislead so many people? My point is that if he didn't give off the holy attitude then I would be disappointed but a lot less confused by all the hypocrisy.
Me, I am going to Hell for free!!! I can't afford to pay my way into Heaven anyways...

i never said we don't hate manly, i don't. I don't reflect on the majority of our forum. I am me not 1000 other people. I don't hate manly, why would i?

professional sport money talks.

The clubs do the same thing, Beaver wanted to stay but we werent perpared to pay him what he was worth.

Sad fact of modern sport, we need to deal with it.

I will not boo hoppa until he plays against us in the blue and yellow then hes the same as the other 16 players wearing that jersey.l

In the meantime hes a manly premiership winning player :)

ParramattaEel

Welcome mate.

Good luck with the Hoppa's.

It will be very interesting to see how Will goes when he returns. There is no doubting his class and ability.

But when a player is on that sort of money, he will be the man. No waiting for a Lyon or a Stewart to set things up. Elite money will demand elite performance, and anything else will not be tolerated from team mates and fans alike

Look at Mortimer and Hayne, big bucks and bigger disappointments when results and form don't follow.

I guess Hoppa will arrive at Parra in the Post-Hindmarsh era, also Fui will be gone, and thats a hell of lot of go forward and tackles someone needs to be making to even get the Eels to where they are at the moment, and thats hardly at dizzy heights.

Anyway here's hoping Hoppa steps up for you guys.

MK Eagle said:
Its not about going.
Its not about taking a so-called better opportunity.
Its not about a 2 year mission.
Its the deception that dissapoints.

To all those complaining about the vitriol in this thread then read the above post. The last line sums up how I feel. I can accept averything else.

ParramattaEel said:
Terrible club, i don't think so. Our club is moving forward. We wil lsoon win a premiership.

... and I suppose you'll beat Cronulla in the GF!
PS: That GF stands for Get Fair-dinkum. You are dreaming. Until you get a few more players like Moi Moi you'll be easy beats. And don;t think that Sandow will help your defence.

Although it appears the deal was done months ago and yes he led everyone to believe he'd be back at Manly after his hiatus, we can all be thankful that this wasn't dragged out through the media during the finals series and lead up to the GF.

I think Hoppa is one of the most exciting and complete players I have seen at his age .. I will have a great memory of him in SOS and Manly's 2011 year ..sad to see him go. BUT we did more then what I think is exceptable in trying to keep him. Premierships are won on a good combination of coaching staff, player personnel (all 25 to 30 of them .. obviously our coaching staff were behind us only using 25), good mangaement (hmm many we could improve in this area). If u pay one player over the odds there is a ripple effect all the way down the line.

I wish Hoppa well and hope he becomes one of the great players of our time!

Lets work on supporting a champion team and hope they give us the pleasure for the next few years as they have for the last few.

So what would everyones opinion or reaction be if Hoppa announced in August that he was leaving to play for Choke-a-matta??

In reality, its a business and we should get over it guys n gals. PLayers screw clubs and clubs screw players. End of the day they should look after themselves.

We were not going to have him playing the the next 2 years. Good luck to Hoppa and his family, deserves every cent.

We are a better club than Parrasite eels. Be it next year or in 2 years time. We'll find a competent replacement.

bob dylan said:
ParramattaEel

Welcome mate.

Good luck with the Hoppa's.

It will be very interesting to see how Will goes when he returns. There is no doubting his class and ability.

But when a player is on that sort of money, he will be the man. No waiting for a Lyon or a Stewart to set things up. Elite money will demand elite performance, and anything else will not be tolerated from team mates and fans alike

Look at Mortimer and Hayne, big bucks and bigger disappointments when results and form don't follow.

I guess Hoppa will arrive at Parra in the Post-Hindmarsh era, also Fui will be gone, and thats a hell of lot of go forward and tackles someone needs to be making to even get the Eels to where they are at the moment, and thats hardly at dizzy heights.

Anyway here's hoping Hoppa steps up for you guys.

I guess so. Like I've previously stated his a risk and this risk might pay off or might just be a pay out. His so far displayed great talent. But the rumor going out is he is bailing out on his Mormon mission and we might just see him next year. Biggest hint is that we were desperate to secure his signing this year.

Love when Manly play Parra, always a great contest!!!

Good luck with Hoppa mate, sad to seem leave here but so be it!! Maybe meet you in the GF in 2015 (after Manly winning the next 3)?? :)

RE: Have you heard why Hoppa moved to Parra?

mickqld said:
But it's fun to bag Parra. They are such a freakin joke how could you not bag Parra. It's every Manly supporters god given right to bag Parra. In fact I'm not sure you could be a true Manly supporter if you didn't bag the crap out of Parra. They are Westie scum, the mortal enemy. Every season they finish out the finals is like an added bonus. I sat there at the 1982/83 grand finals getting the s**t bagged out of me from Parra scum supporters so I will never ever let up on them while we dominate over them.

I hear you. I was at both those grand finals and copped the same crap. I hadn't been back to another until last Sunday.

In contrast weren't the Warriors fans an absolute delight to watch the game with.

No hard feelings here Parra Eel, You must understand though for a club to be successful on the field they must not only have big name players but most importantly have a winning culture . This is why The Mighty Sea Eagles are the most successful club in the modern era . Hopa has gone but our winning culture remains .

ParramattaEel said:
i never said we don't hate manly, i don't. I don't reflect on the majority of our forum. I am me not 1000 other people. I don't hate manly, why would i?

Just curious,why the interest with manly all of a sudden? Funny how a couple of u guys from the parra forum conveniently took interest in our club after signing one of our superstars.
Funny how the signings came out day after us winning GF, and confirmation of the signings come out the day our parade is on for winning GF.
I suppose theyre all just coincidences.

The lie is the annoying bit for me as I have stated earlier,i hope Crusher has gone to work to find us a suitable replacement

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8