Hoppa News!!!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Hoppas New Mission

This guy is making a huge sacrifice for something he believes in, regardless of your opinions about the religion itself he deserves credit for his conviction. A lot of people only stand by what they believe when it costs them nothing, Hoppa has done a whole deal more and I commend him for it.

Who are we to offer commentary anyway, this could well be the most personal decision of this mans life and some of us are on here saying he will regret it, or that he is dumb for doing it. Get off your high horse and realize that not everything revolves around football and just because you don't understand or agree with his lifestyle decision doesn't make it either wrong or stupid.

when I get home I am gonna pray to my fave religion of a stubbie of tooheys & see if that brings me any faith

I get a mother and her 28 yo daughter Mormon knocking on the door every month, I don't mind it and I tolerate it as they mean well but I hate the preaching as I don't push my views on to others. Then again I do tolerate it as I would love to knock on the daughter who is a screaming long haired blonde and is well endowed up top, just wish I could keep eye contact :D:p.

I think this will work in Manly’s favour as it will remove salary cap pressure from the team for when the cap is increased and we have some further retirements.

As for fitness, Hoppa will be doing a lot of exercising as he sets out on his journey of preaching. They are given no money except for minimal expenses and they walk everywhere they go. My guess is that he will keep fit.

manlyseaeagles
Exclusive interview with Will up on website later today where he says he would never play against Manly - "this is my home"

Fonz said:
Yeah i'll never understand the Mormon religion. Then again, i'm not a Mormon. It makes me wonder though. Why would you bother doing all that training and all that bother if it's not what you wanted to do?

Masked Eagle said:
Gutted. No guarantees he will come back the same. Whilst his uncle Albert didn't make it to the level that William has, no doubt in my mind it stalled his career as he didn't kick on when he came back. That being said, he could come back and dominate. We just won't know til it happens.

I guess this means Wolfman & Robbo get a reprieve and I'll have to eat my words on thoughts on resigning Matai which I'm happy to do.

Since when did Matai resign?

Apologies. Re-sign. I'm a good speller, but just not a vrey goo dtpyer.

patorick2010 said:
Anyone get much of a read off John's body language? Did not seem happy or comfortable at all to me.

Oh and is there a more unprofessional media manager in the NRL than Zorba? What with his baggy t-shirt and all that?

where can i watch the press release?

I'm glad he's persuing something he's always wanted to - I'm happy if he's happy. The way i see it..

- We get to keep Wolfy in first grade
- By the time Hoppa comes back Wangman's contract will be over, and hopefully he can get a massive deal in England
- Hoppa comes back all fulfilled and happy and our backline headache is reduced.. (.. and T-rex, god forbid, can be used if we come across injuries)

Well here's another addition to my list of reasons why I don't like God

There are alot of posotives out of this.
- Less salary cap pressure
- its still 2011 and he hasnt left yet
- Money to spread around to either retain a player or buy a player.
- Clearer future (in some ways)

Probably means we want Whare to kick on, his prospects were looking restricted if Hoppa was here next year.

Copa Eagle said:

The biggest positive of all is that he didn't join a rival team.

bones said:
Copa Eagle said:

The biggest positive of all is that he didn't join a rival team.

This.

Kearney & Moore are no match for the Mormons.

sad to hear this, but on the bright side .. he wont be playing for no one else either..

GOOD LUCK WILL... :)

Like everyone else, I was hoping he'd stay with us but I'd rather lose him to a religious mission than the Bulldogs.
Comparisons to Albert Hopoate are misleading. For a start, Albert was never as good as Will, nor was he as young. Will is barely 19, so he'll be barely 21 by the time he gets back to league, preferably with the Sea Eagles. He'll probably lose some fitness and size but he won't lose his natural skills. A solid off-season and he'd slot straight back in and still have a big career ahead of him.
I'm not a fan of God or Mormons, but it's hard to fault a young kid showing commitment to his beliefs. Compare this to Israel Folau, who spoke about the option of doing his Mormon mission but instead took massive money from the AFL essentially NOT to play rugby league. I know who I'd rather have in my team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8