Is Luke brooks the piece we’ve been missing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apart from speed, this season we will have plenty of options when it comes to kicking. The skills of DCE, Brookes, Froggy and, potentially, The Shoe add up to a potent variety. I envisage we'll score a lot of tries by kicking to our wingers.

I worry about Schuster , huge money , so little to show for it.

If he doesn’t pull his finger out he’ll be the most expensive reserve grader in the history of our club
I have my concerns also. I was so confident he'd be a superstar as a 5/8 but I was wrong. I'm unsure if he'll handle the non-stop rigors of the second row. He is a player who wants to make things happen every time he touches the ball, but when you are a forward you must be a committed defender and know when he take a tackle and build momentum for the next play.
Fortunately, we have good options and it might transpire that having a hard-working second rower works better for the team than a flashy Shoe. After all, we have a brilliant set of backs (on paper) so scoring points should not be as big an issue as stopping points.
But, I hope we get to see The Shoe at his best and his talent shine again.

Snoz o conner, a real dilema for me as a Manly fan. What a great player, really enjoyed him playing for us, but like Ribot De Brassic had sticky fingers all over Supergreed war

But a silky centre
During every seminal moment in sports there are the good guys and bad (who generally only want better pay or conditions). Snoz was my favourite player as a kid and personally I couldn't care less he was on the superleague side. That War gave us the NRL as we know it today so it's not all bad.
Look at Packer and Cricket. He did the same and it was a moment in time that made the game a hell of a lot better.

Would you put Ben T 2nd row and Schuster at lock ??
No tradesmen like grafters though , defensively might be an issue.
The Schu has the body and attacking skills that would make a great lock. But he doesn't have the motor or willingness to put in the defensive work that is required at that position.

During every seminal moment in sports there are the good guys and bad (who generally only want better pay or conditions). Snoz was my favourite player as a kid and personally I couldn't care less he was on the superleague side. That War gave us the NRL as we know it today so it's not all bad.
Look at Packer and Cricket. He did the same and it was a moment in time that made the game a hell of a lot better.
Thats why its a dilema for me. i see both sides, but i dont see as much good from the war as you do. Anyway nice point

No no no no no- the Super League war was almost the end of our game and you see positives? Let me see- prior to the attempted buyout of the game by Murdoch, our club was among the league's financial powerhouses and almost constant premiership contender; the game had two teams in Brissie, one in Perth, Townsville, and Auckland and none in Melbourne; and to much larger extent than today, was run by the game itself- not controlled in almost every facet by media companies.

No no no no no- the Super League war was almost the end of our game and you see positives? Let me see- prior to the attempted buyout of the game by Murdoch, our club was among the league's financial powerhouses and almost constant premiership contender; the game had two teams in Brissie, one in Perth, Townsville, and Auckland and none in Melbourne; and to much larger extent than today, was run by the game itself- not controlled in almost every facet by media companies.
No, not almost the end of our game but yes almost the end of Manly.
Murdoch's existence is a inescapable by-product of the capitalist mode of production. If money is to be made.... someone who has the opportunity will try to make it. And if people get hurt, too bad.
Is this really a surprise to anyone?

The game's administration was archaic and lagging behind when it came to new commercial opportunities and this made it an easy target.

Yes media companies now dominate the game, but the game is now more professional.

Would it be better if there were only part-time players who mostly came from the Sydney suburb of their club? and one game a week was televised, with no replay? It's a moot point. We aren't going back to the NSWRL any more than we are going back to feudalism.

(And yes Murdoch is one of the worst people in the world, but his son who will soon take over the empire is reportedly worse)

Fair point. From your point of view.
I would take you to task on a few points.
Yes we were one of the richest clubs with friends in power at every corner but was that actually fair if you weren't a seaeagle supporter? I would muse NO. Look at how we look at the rooters these days. That was us to the rest of the league. Every team has its time.
Yes the comp had teams in all those places but how competitive were they really? I bet if you went back to the pre superleague years most fans from the traditional sides would have been cursing all the new uncompetitive sides and the distances their teams had to travel.
Everything is run my media or social media these days. It's not 1988 any more. It's all about the money. Do you hate being able to watch every game we play either live or on replay at any time?
The good old days in retrospect might not be that great. Other than being able to buy a premiership when we wanted to.

I am not in favour of Coaches making players protected species
As Pressure at Manly is Privilege
and it comes to all those who earn it

A Club Culture that is in denial of the Privilege of Pressure
Denies its players to build resilience and its comfort zone standards will not be able to stand up to the Pressures of Wining a title

No Pressure No Glory
Nothing Great has been built is comfort zone Glass Houses
1709262117887.png

Have always liked what I have seen of Brooks. Stating the obvious, today's a big day for him and a big day for the club.

Hope he goes well and enjoys it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8