Israel Folau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
This is not a left or right issue

The simple fact is that to discriminate against a group of people because of something that is not their choice is just wrong. It is not a free speech matter - having a hateful ignorant opinion is not right as it is “free speech”

Finally the whole clap trap over who cares...well what about a teenager trying to come to terms with their sexuality? It is not something experienced however having someone who is a role model in community talking about hell can not be positive for a young person going through what can a be tough time (I imagine)

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This is not a left or right issue

The simple fact is that to discriminate against a group of people because of something that is not their choice is just wrong. It is not a free speech matter - having a hateful ignorant opinion is not right as it is “free speech”

Finally the whole clap trap over who cares...well what about a teenager trying to come to terms with their sexuality? It is not something experienced however having someone who is a role model in community talking about hell can not be positive for a young person going through what can a be tough time (I imagine)

A teenager trying to come to terms with their sexuality will actually see Izzy as a community role model ?
Really ?

Mum and Dad are really accepting, but some religious fanatic, who happens to be good at footy, reckons his sky fairy will smite me for being gay.
Lol.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
To a Christian, and for that matter, a Muslim, their views on homosexuality are not ignorant, but part of their beliefs. I am sure that they would equally say that your beliefs are ignorant.
Just because it is part of someone’s beliefs does not make it right.

To discriminate against someone for something that is not their choice just does not sit right with me

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
A teenager trying to come to terms with their sexuality will actually see Izzy as a community role model ?
Really ?

Mum and Dad are really accepting, but some religious fanatic, who happens to be good at footy, reckons his sky fairy will smite me for being gay.
Lol.
Is it that much of a stretch to think that a kid who loves rugby would not see him as a role model? You never looked up to any players of any code when you were younger? Of course teenagers / kids are not impressionable at all....

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Is it that much of a stretch to think that a kid who loves rugby would not see him as a role model? You never looked up to any players of any code when you were younger? Of course teenagers / kids are not impressionable at all....

Of course kids see footy players as role models, and yes they are impressionable.

Again, why would a gay kid use a religious fanatic like Israel as a role model, when his views on gay people are so obvious, well known and predictable.

In this day and age there are plenty of examples of successful people of different religions, races, skin colours, sexualities, genders, mixed genders, etc, etc, for any kid to be able to pick and choose role models that are specific to whatever journey they are on.
Be it in sport, business or simply massively popular on YouTube, etc.

Mitch

Bencher
@MichaelChammas
EXCLUSIVE: Israel Folau on verge of NRL return as St George Illawarra submit application to the NRL to sign the dual international on a two-year deal.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Signs a 2 year deal .. knowing he will only play one year ... then posts some cum to Jesus or hell nonsense .. get's sacked from the last year .. but receives millions and millions of dollars worth of front and back page free publicity for his hell and brimstone ministry ... it's a no lose deal for Israel, God and the righteous shall be jubilant ...

The script is written ..

tookey

First Grader
Sounds like the dragons now have Ross May as their recruitment officer if they sign Folau

Looks like the dragons can forget about the tool shed being their major sponsor now

St George Bank will surely withdraw their sponsorship if the dragons sign Folau

1612234657119.png

Last edited:

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't agree with Folau's views but I also don't believe he should be forced to change them.
If he wants to believe in the sky man, then go for gold.

As long as he isn't inciting violence, I can live with it. Trying to change their opinions is as futile as trying to change people's sexuality.

Chances are, he thinks I am as wrong as I think he is.

chuckee

Formerly CJAeagle
The double standards by some of you do-gooders around here is laughable. We have a player who is awaiting a criminal trial for allegedly stabbing someone and also previously being charged by police for a separate matter. Who everyone stands by around here, myself included.
Then you have Folau who has followed and preached his religion which is legal and he gets slated.
Good on the Dragons for taking him and standing up to the lefties. He’s an exceptional talent and deserving of an NRL contract.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16