It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
But then again. Souths didn't want a top grade coach either, and only a couple of years or so after winning the competition.

I don't think Rusty and James Packer, who own between them 75% of the Rabbitohs (the members own the other 25%), scrimp when it comes to money being spent. When Madge won them a comp, following big money invested by Crowe in 2014, money flowed. But Madge couldn't keep up the spirit of winning and dropped down in following years until 2016 when they finished 12th. That's when Rusty and Packer gave Madge the flick, brought in Seibold, spent money again and got Souths back high in the finals. Thing is spending the money wisely got the crowds back, got the sponsors on side, increased Souths value. Fudge on spending too much and you get what you pay for. They know when things aren't working and have the business sense to correct the problem quickly. Penn doesn't seem to have that nous, at least in league.

Maguire got sacked by Souths as at the end he seemed incapable of any game plan other than five hits ups and a kick. In effect Souths had the worst and most predictable attacking style in the League, and had become easy beats..

I think Manly may have dodged a bullet by missing out on him.

Maguire got sacked by Souths as at the end he seemed incapable of any game plan other than five hits ups and a kick. In effect Souths had the worst and most predictable attacking style in the League, and had become easy beats..

Didn't all the players hate him as well because he was an unrelenting ball buster? Discipline is good but there is a balance he seemed to be lacking...

Penns pride will cost Manly

If Penn really wants to right this listing ship and now counting Madge out, to me that only leaves 2 options and thats Hasler or Toovey
If the expense of Penns pride is less than the continuation of the heamoraging of members and crowds and sponsorships then it has to be one of those 2
If the expense of Penns pride is more we will get Carty and then that expense of pride cost will balloon with dire consequences.
Hasler or Tooves know the place and will bring back members and sponsors and most importantly the missing Manly gene that seems to have been bred out lately
The gene that gives a team mental and physical strength,the gene that doesn’t give up 20 point leads, that doesn’t lose 6/7 matches by 1/2 points ,the gene that doesn’t give 20 point head starts ,the gene that gives them thier identity as part of one of the most feared and reveared footballing dynastys in the NRL
Come on Mr Penn parsimonious pride can be expensive and to what end?Everyone will be behind you and the club if those guys are back leading the Mighty Manly Seagles, you know its the right and logical choice
Go Manly

Souths were crap in 2015 & 2016 partly because they emotionally crashed after winning a comp after 43 years. Maguire is a hard task master and once Souths finally won that comp, his method admittedly stopped working (because they were physically, mentally and emotionally 'done'), but he is exactly what we need for where we are at. Maguire's coaching record says he is a good coach, because he is.

Just clarifying what you have posted . This is Maguires squad for the years 2016 and 2017 which his team came 12th on the competition ladder for both years .
This squad of players was very much the same as the squad that he won the grand final with . At the end of 2017 Maguire had 2 years ramaining on his contract but the club had lost faith in him because he was unable to lift his team any more .

Chad is arguably london’s best ever player, with almost the most number of games. Now they have been promoted back to super league I wonder if he’ll be a coaching target for them?

SEA Eagles owner Scott Penn has revealed that the club is still in negotiations with three candidates for the head coaching role next season to replace Trert Barrett..

That follows the news that one of the frontrunners for the position, South Sydney premiership winning coach Michael Maguire, had informed the club on Thursday night that he was no longer a candidate for the role.

“They were private discussions and I’m disappointed it has been portrayed the way it has,” Penn said.

“We have a number of people that we are talking to and we are trying to conclude it quickly.

“We don’t need speculation, we will make an announcement when we have found the right person that fits our structure,” Penn said.

959d651c9862709024d4704f1511ef44

Sea Eagles owner Scott Penn at his offices in North Sydney.. Picture: Tim Hunter.
“We are trying to resolve it in the next couple of weeks.”

When asked how many candidates there now were, Penn replied: “There are three in the mix.”

He said the club was currently involved in discussions and negotiations with those prospective coaches.

“We are going through a process and these things take time to play out.

“We have to make sure we find the right person for what we need.”

Penn said incumbent coach Trent Barrett was still under contract until July next year.

“And we are still working through things with him and his management,” Penn said.

“That’s just part of the process as well.”

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8