It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Not happy with how DESmond left at all, filthy actually

But given all the other options and the fact Toovey hasn’t been given a look in yet I’d accept Des
#signdes

Strone old mate, i know i have been critical of you in the past but i tend to agree with you this time. I am not thrilled with the idea of des taking over the side by himself either but given some of the other candidates that have been mentioned (taylor most notably) i am more than relieved to hear des’ name back in the mix.

O

true!! even the dogs when their side went stale were one of the strongest defensive sides in the comp with Des as coach. Defence is our main concern, and if we get that anywhere near that level again we can return to finals and give it a good shot in 2019
Yep!
in 2018 we had the absolute worst defence in the comp with 622 - worse than PARRA on 550!
Our attack was the ninth best with only 500 points for
I am hoping all the Baz, Catrong and Jason Taylor supporters will suck it up and realise it is time to move on

**** Des

But in the absence of anyone else, and compared to Cartwrong, he’ll do!!
Mate from what we believe with his backended deals and player management on our roster back then was average looking in , but i think most coaches get arse whipped when they leave and really we dont know the whole story . I'll say this though , if anyone can turn us around its Harry Hasler . The guy is resilient and will get the best out of these players , also brings that aura with him and hopefully that seige mentality that we were all accustomed to.

Been calling for his return for years! Finally the return of the king lord Desmond of house hasler will take us back to glory. All you des haters seem to have back flipped LOL either way of there in discussions then hes coming he wants to coach hes the best option by far he just needs to gather a coaching entourage. Lets all hope toovey is part of that equation along with donny singe and crusher. We need all the manly we can get and kick cartwheel to the curb! Go Manly
Is that you @Stronger2gether? I thought the PPC must have offed you? The PPC, Mullets and German have given lots of LOL over the past few weeks.

Seems someone at https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ has a sense of humour. Penn State! Nice one! @:)

4431c8521896d8ab6e5a2e3c5af4db74

Thats right waxed beaver i seen you all STILL talking about me, seems you missed me? i had to come back especially if my man Desmond is coming back

Time will tell if he is back...but the drums are beating that it looks likely.

Personally, I think its the wrong move. But I know I am in the vast minority. And if it does happen, I hope I am 100% wrong and its a success.

Interesting couple of weeks coming up!

There is an argument Haslers coaching tactics are out of date and at Dogs....there was a dour looking side with predictable structures.
I think to have the right staff with some fresh attacking options will be an asset, however Des is the ultimate in bringing out the gutsy rugged defensive unit that has been sorely missed the past few years.
We have enough quality attack to cash in once the team galvinates and this is the major ingredient we have been lacking that changes the results from loss....to wins.
Can only find the move a positive that gives hope like a “Return of the Hasler” movie all Silvertails will want to watch.

I'm also curious to see which support staff Des will want. With Tooves as his right hand man, he was without doubt the best coach in the competition. Without Tooves he was not able to replicate his success at Manly with the Dogs.

According to Zimbalist, Des owes nobody an apology for the sh*t that went down in 2011/12.

We aren't his ex-boyfriends or something amazingly witty like that.
He doesn’t owes an apology but he owes us a premiership for ruining our celebrations in 2011 I’m sure he will deliver on that too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8