It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
At last a well written and credible story. The Australian journos are a cut above all others.
One person who has been forgotten in all the coaching merry-go-round is Chad Randall. He was an Assistant Coach last season.
If we get DESpicable, Ballin and Singe back, and Carthorse (and even Twenty) stays, we'll have a cacophony of coaches.
Does Randall still have a job? If so, what role will he play? Assistant to the Assistant, perhaps?
From my ancient memory of vision from early black and white and then very average colour TV, I would be doing whatever keeps his dad happy.

There’s some truth in that Kevin, but I think the main difference was that it wasn’t a diagnosis in those days.

I too was at school in the 70s and 80s and I remember many kids who were uncontrollable or restless. They got caned or sent out to the corridor. One kid in 5th grade I reckon spent most of the year in the corridor.

In high school we had 9 year 7 classes, the bottom 4 of which were completely feral. Most of those kids left when they were 15 or 16, and many of them have done fine in life in the end.

Today I reckon most of those kids would be labeled add or adhd, and probably medicated. In reality they probably weren’t suited to a school learning environment, and once they matured a bit have been able to hold down decent jobs etc.
It’s a 100 billion dollar a year industry and the pr1cks have got a lot to answer for. I’ve seen lives torn apart because of this so called “medical” science and the way they subscribe chemicals like Ritalin to kids who show any sign of being overly energetic. My wife went to the doctor last week to see if he could recommend any natural therapies to help her sleep and the wank3r spent half an hour trying to subscribe her Zoloft. I too can remember kids who were a little wild when I went to school (I was one of them) but that’s nothing compared to the sh1t that goes down in schools today. My sister is the principal at a very large primary school and she says that the amount of students who are behaving violently and abusively towards both staff and their peers is now at epidemic levels. I watched my best mate get diagnosed with bipolar because he had struggles sleeping and by the end of his psychiatric “treatment” he was a dribbling vegetable, getting needles in his arse and swallowing a handful of pills on a daily basis. Fortunately, his family did a little research into the industry and over a period of two years, weened him off their poison. He now lives a full and expansive life... has remarried and is as fit as a man of his age might possibly be. The psychiatrists who worked out of a very exclusive, private Sydney hospital, pleaded with his family to put him back on the drugs and warned them he would end up being scheduled in an institution if they didn’t. He was basically institutionalised during the three years he was on the drugs... so yeah... I wouldn’t trust them to medicate my niece’s pet rat.

Last edited:
2019 Football Jerseys: I'm guessing it's too late now, but I recall they asked members to vote on what was to be worn next season.

Not my most favourite jerseys of all time but it might have been an idea to put the current team in some 2008 or 2011 kit to give (alleged new coach) Des something to visualise success with, as he's shouting down the microphone.

There’s some truth in that Kevin, but I think the main difference was that it wasn’t a diagnosis in those days.

I too was at school in the 70s and 80s and I remember many kids who were uncontrollable or restless. They got caned or sent out to the corridor. One kid in 5th grade I reckon spent most of the year in the corridor.

In high school we had 9 year 7 classes, the bottom 4 of which were completely feral. Most of those kids left when they were 15 or 16, and many of them have done fine in life in the end.

Today I reckon most of those kids would be labeled add or adhd, and probably medicated. In reality they probably weren’t suited to a school learning environment, and once they matured a bit have been able to hold down decent jobs etc.
Then there’s the inconvenient fact that suicides are increasing at an alarming rate... google it... how can that be? Over 100 million people in the US are on psychiatric drugs but the number of people killing themselves is going through the roof...

Last edited:
I can never get my head around the fact that when I went to school in the seventies and eighties, kids used to sit quietly in the classroom and for the most part, listen to the teacher and do their work. There was no ADD, no ADHD or any of that other stuff... no amphetamine tablets to calm us all down... aaaaand we somehow managed to get by. There was less violent behaviour and sexual assault... and much more respect for authority. When did this ADHD phenomenon explode into the education system... and why have suicide rates increased in such high numbers in the Western world when there are all these super dooper psychotropic drugs and anti depressants so readily subscribed to help prevent self harming and mental illness?
Well in the seventies a lot of you went and took lsd and smoked dope so maybe that impacted the next generation @:D

My “bi-polar” mate now sleeps like a baby... and the only time he heard voices or hallucinated was during the times he was detoxing from the “medicine”. He’s not alone... there’s literally hundreds of thousands of articles about people who have had to endure the very same struggle... and countless reports about people’s organs failing at a young age as a result of long term use. They ain’t Scientologist’s either.

Just rang up to put my auto renewal on hold, I asked if they're close to an announcement and without giving too much away he said "there's a board meeting happening as we speak" so we may have an answer late tonight or tomorrow so fingers crossed!!
Well thank **** it’s not #nextweek

Just rang up to put my auto renewal on hold, I asked if they're close to an announcement and without giving too much away he said "there's a board meeting happening as we speak" so we may have an answer late tonight or tomorrow so fingers crossed!!
Next week it is then.

Balgowlah Boys High had a 1g 2g class in the early 60s,they had a bouncer for a teacher,Russ Mullins,he was a dead set c#nt in fact a sadistic arsehole,the kids he had were the ADHD guys of our era.

They are having a board meeting in the demountables???

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8