Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RL Gronk said:
This has the same smell as haslers departure.

I think Jamie will be gone.

Mate he is building a new house for his family in forest ville.
The club will do all it can to keep him.
Mad dog mcdugal played until he was 37 . Jamie has plenty of talent all he needs is a fast winger to give the ball to. He will make the space for him.

Verbally agreeing is ridiculous.

His manager is SELLING his client. Anyone involved in sales is paid to treat the buyer like a puppet. This is what he did and he suceeded. We all panicked, they all got excited because his MANAGER was doing what's best for himself and his client(at least he thought)

Killer prob considered what was on offer mentioned it to someone at Manly. And boom! Theres your storm in a teacup.

Perry/penn/toovs/water runner/cleaner "oh jamie got offered a $2m contract with GC"

Someone overheared

Contacts media. Not the first time stuff has been leaked to the DT and nothing more is heard of it.

I suggested earlier the switcheroo with Lyon and Hopoate. Stuart doesnt want to be paying big money for players esp an unproven W. Hopoate. Jamil is back in Manly colours and John is assisting Manly SG Ball. His third son is coming up through the Manly ranks. They wanted to keep the Hopoate family together. Didnt work out at Parra. Manly wont offer Lyon more than 2 year deal. Titans offering 4 year deal. Hopoate and Lyon are best as centres. The Hopoates still live in the Manly area and their mormon church is local

Like I said. Just conjecture, but the first couple of marbles have fallen into slot. Why was Jamil let go so easily. Why did Manly almost immediately snap him up. Why is John assistant coach of Manly SG Ball. Why isnt Manly falling over backwards to hold onto Lyon, especially given he can walk out in a year anyway. Rothfield may not be far off.

"My loyalty and commitment to Manly remains uncompromised and I look forward to season 2013 with the Sea Eagles."

I believe him. What happens after 2013 is anyone's guess.

Clint said:
"My loyalty and commitment to Manly remains uncompromised and I look forward to season 2013 with the Sea Eagles."

The thing that gets me,is the timing,almost the start of the season,he will have to face up to the fans,his team mates all year,and only just recently in their training video up the coast,he said he loved coming to training with the best bunch of blokes,and it was not long ago he stated he wanted to finish his playing days as a Manly Sea Eagle,just dont get it

Garts said:
Like I said before, this is not all over.

Anyone who thinks this is over is a fool.

As a betting man I would say in season 2014 Jamie will be

Sea Eagle 30%
Titan 60%
other 10%

The fact he is building a house means ****.. I have 2 friends with houses half built with ex-wives.

I agree Bob Dylan. The scenario I was suggesting makes no sense for 2013. My suggestion is that it is a plausible 2014 scenario. I suspect Jamie will stay at Manly this year so close to the comp...but greater surprising things have happened in the past such as the Hasler defection.

master blaster said:
Clint said:

The thing that gets me,is the timing,almost the start of the season,he will have to face up to the fans,his team mates all year,and only just recently in their training video up the coast,he said he loved coming to training with the best bunch of blokes,and it was not long ago he stated he wanted to finish his playing days as a Manly Sea Eagle,just dont get it

I do, a extra year or 2 being paid $500k per annum. He wont have a lucrative career after in the media etc so knocking that back would be tough.

Dont think anyone thinks its over....Just not 2013 as Slothfield reported...If he wants to go in 2014, so be it.....

The guts of the "scoop" this morning was he was leaving NOW....and that aint happening....Send another Manly Star out with a premiership in 2013.....

lovefooty said:
RL Gronk said:
This has the same smell as haslers departure.

I think Jamie will be gone.

Mate he is building a new house for his family in forest ville.
The club will do all it can to keep him.
Mad dog mcdugal played until he was 37 . Jamie has plenty of talent all he needs is a fast winger to give the ball to. He will make the space for him.
Forestville may be a second house, as he has def bought land and is building a home at Warriewood, that by all acoounts he planned to live in.

But now all this Titans crap has emerged.

My take on it is, that Manly will now start negotiations on extending Killers contract and if he doesn't like what he sees hel be off. Still not convinced hel be playing for Manly this year just yet.

the mauler said:
My take on it is, that Manly will now start negotiations on extending Killers contract and if he doesn't like what he sees hel be off. Still not convinced hel be playing for Manly this year just yet.

I agree.

I'm not buying any of it. Phil Rothfield and the team at The Daly Telegraph are nothing but a bunch of hacks, end of story.

They have got the ball rolling, and now they can run with it for a while, get some legs on it for the weekend papers. Thats why that dribbler Rothfields colleague from that rubbish newspaper is backing the story on his twitter, and why Rothfield cant admit he is wrong. Sad sack of a group of sports writers. Go find a real story.

I've noticed the latest story only uses the last part of Killers quote and fails to mention the "unbeknown to me" part. Typical really.

The Manly Sea Eagles enter talks with Jamie Lyon in bid to keep star at club by: Phil Rothfield
January 19, 2013 12:00AM
33 commentsCOMMENTSIncrease Text SizeDecrease Text SizePrintEmail
Share Add to DiggAdd to del.icio.usAdd to FacebookAdd to KwoffAdd to MyspaceAdd to NewsvineWhat are these?
ShareFacebookTwitterEmail Manly Sea Eagles will enter talks to retain Jamie Lyon. Picture: Gregg Porteous Source: The Daily Telegraph

MANLY will open contract extension talks with champion centre Jamie Lyon next week to try to convince him to remain at Brookvale for the rest of his career.
The Sea Eagles have been forced into emergency negotiations following the revelation yesterday the Gold Coast Titans had swooped on their much admired skipper with a $2.8 million offer to quit straight away.

The Titans have been secretly planning the move for Lyon since Christmas and were "90 per cent sure" they had their man yesterday morning. They released Beau Champion to his old club South Sydney, confident the Sea Eagles' premiership-winning skipper would be enticed to the holiday strip.

On Wednesday Titans coach John Cartwright flew to Sydney to meet Lyon.

Manly were aware they were in talks following a courtesy call from Titans CEO David May to his Sea Eagles counterpart David Perry.

Perry left an impression with the Titans that Manly would consider a release, even for the captain, even so close to the start of the season.

The Daily Telegraph understands Lyon then all but agreed to terms for a four-year deal.

It was conditional on Manly granting him a release.

Lyon was keen on the Gold Coast because his parents live in Ballina, a little over an hour away from the Gold Coast. Still, he has strong ties on the northern peninsula as well. He recently purchased a block of land at Warriewood and is about to build a house.

His possible departure would be a massive blow for Manly.

On the right side he forms a lethal combination with back-rower Glenn Stewart, probably the most potent in the NRL.

Lyon is publicly saying he will stay at Manly to honour the final year of his contract.

The club put out a statement late yesterday afternoon, quoting Lyon confirming the approach from the Gold Coast Titans.

"Unbeknown to me, the Sea Eagles then my manager received an unexpected offer for me to join the Gold Coast team immediately," he said. "My loyalty and commitment to Manly remain uncompromised and I look forward to season 2013 with the Sea Eagles."

Privately, however, it could be a different story.

His Manly contract is worth around $550,000 but there are no guarantees for 2014 and onwards.

Hence Manly's decision to have talks next week, although there are reservations about offering him four years.

The Titans offer is worth up to $2.8 million over four seasons.

From the second year onwards, he'd be paid more than $750,000 a year, a pretty fair salary considering his veteran status.

If Lyon really wants out, he will go. The experienced centre, who turns 31 next week, quit Parramatta mid-contract in 2004.

When then Eels boss Denis Fitzgerald refused to release him to another NRL club, he simply packed his bags and went home to Wee Waa.

Same with State of Origin.

He has been exempt from playing for the Blues because he refuses to spend time in camp away from his young family.

No one has been able to talk him out of it.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/lyon-asks-for-release-from-sea-eagles-to-join-the-gold-coast-titans/story-fndujljl-1226556582049

So the Rothtool can now write articles into the future as well.
January 19, 2013 12:00AM
Article is on the websites at January 18 , 2013 at 1115pm. AEDT
He's also upped it to $2.8 million I thought it was $2 million.
What a ****ing tosser.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11