Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
swoop said:
All speculation from rothtool.

AND he probably got that info about Killer building a home in Warriewood from this forum as well. If you are reading this "Buzz", I heard that the Sharks still haven't won a premiership. Go write a story about your clubs failures buddy.

This thread has 405 post and 27000 views in 2 days.
-- See how much we care about you killer :D --

Dan is this a record, it has to be?

At this rate, gangnam styles 1 Billion views is going to look insignificant :)

Anyway back to whats more important. Killer is staying put and that is fantastic.

Rothfield is a poor excuse of a sports journalist who i dont think has ever written a piece of factual information. I havnt met a single person who takes his journalism seriously. He is no good for the game and if i was the commission i would seriously start to clamp down on this rubbish. It creates negativity amongst fans, and im sure that spreads to the players from time to time aswell.[/rant]

I dont understand those that say Rothfield is just reporting the information that presents itself.

This latest article is a good example of the rubbish he writes & if it isnt very poor journalism its deceptive conduct.

There are so many holes & untruths in that piece I feel ill & currently unable to go ahead & point them all out.

Come on Jatz just have a good spew and then let the tool have it. That fools articles have more holes in them than swiss cheese.

Wow... Way to go Jamie..

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/lyon-slams-titans-for-pushing-switch-20130118-2cyss.html

Titans, rothfield and everyone who announced it was a sure thing looks pretty stupid now..

I feel silly doubting our great leader. Quotes all over the joint.

When is this gutter trash Rothtool going to come up with any sort of credible facts in this case. He hasnt interviewed anyone prior to writing his drivel and is it any wonder no one would talk to the buffoon anyway.
I notice according to SMH its now at $3 million plus. Way to go Killer your asking price is rising as fast as our national debt. Looks like Titans management are almost as incompetent as our Federal Govt as well.

enough for me...and manly should keep him as long as he wants.

and Ron Gibbs, stating Lewis leaving penrith as an example...please.... :)

There's only one Jamie Lyon. Everything I've seen or heard from this guy speaks volumes about his integrity and class. Perhaps he's tempted to go, who wouldn't be; maybe things will swing around over the next few weeks and he will leave, but the quotes in the smh article joeboy posted (thanks) sound like the words and thoughts of the man who has lead our team these past years. His words say he wants to stay as long as the club will have him.

If his last two seasons are anything to go by, he is in the form of his career. Getting the right mix in a team involves making hard decisions but hopefully Tooves and the suits can see a place for Jamie Lyon worthy of a healthy offer. I never feel more confident of a win than when he has the ball in his hands.

BTW, off topic for a second...does anyone have a list of the wingers who have played beside him? He would be second to none in training young wingers how they should play the position at NRL level (admittedly he had some tough challenges with a few, but some of them improved out of sight playing beside Killer).

The stat I'd love to see is number of tries per game scored by those wingers (when standing outside J.Lyon) versus tries per game scored by that same winger when playing next to a different centre. Killer is a very generous feeder of the ball.

http://digitaledition.manlydaily.com.au/#folio=1

The picture tells a 1,000 words :angel:
But for those on mobiles -
===============================
Lyon slams Titans for pushing switch
Date January 19, 2013
Adrian Proszenko

Going nowhere … Manly skipper Jamie Lyon has rubbished claims he wanted a release to join the Titans. 'I don't want to move at all,' the premiership-winning centre said.
JAMIE LYON intends to finish his career at Manly after knocking back a mammoth $3 million-plus deal to immediately join the Gold Coast.

The Titans are desperate to add a strike centre to their line-up after releasing Beau Champion and missing out on Michael Jennings, who signed with the Roosters on Tuesday. Gold Coast officials initially approached Lyon, off contract at the end of the year, about joining them in 2014. However, they fast-tracked their plans in the hope of snaring him immediately with a four-year offer, one of the biggest tabled in NRL history.

However, Lyon said his goal was to finish his career on the northern beaches and hit out at speculation that he wanted an immediate release or had agreed to the Titans' offer.

''I don't want to move at all,'' Lyon said. ''I just want to get the right story across from the start. I don't know why they're going on about this. I was always going to finish this year here and I've always wanted to stay long-term. The [Titans] rang up because they've lost Champion and are trying to find a centre, so they've come to us. At no stage were we going to go up there. We didn't ask for a release at all, it all got blown out of proportion.

''Originally they said they wanted me for '14 or '15, so we said 'no worries' and listened to them. And then they said 2013 - and that's no chance at all. The next minute they're saying that I've asked for a release. I didn't meet [Titans coach John] Cartwright, didn't do anything. It must have come from the Titans, they are obviously the ones pushing it. I've got this year and I want to stay here longer. Even though they are throwing big money, I want to be here.''

Social media sites went into meltdown on Friday as speculation raged about Lyon's intentions. The Manly co-captain met Sea Eagles officials to assure them there was no substance to the rumours and the club subsequently put out a press statement to placate concerned fans. The 30-year-old also addressed his teammates about the latest developments.

''I spoke to them all this morning before it all came out, so they knew what was going on,'' he said. ''I spoke to Jason King and told him all about it [afterwards]. I didn't think it would blow out of proportion like this.

''It probably affects [my family] more than me. Especially if people are picking up the paper down the street, it would leave a bad taste in their mouth even though they don't know what's going on. One of the big reasons I want to stay is we've got a good, strong team and they are really good mates of mine.''

The developments will add further spice to the round three fixture between Manly and the Gold Coast at Skilled Park on March 23. There is an estimated 230 players off contract at the end of the year, with many of the topliners holding off until there is greater certainty about the salary cap in future years. Lyon headlines a list which includes Jarryd Hayne, Mitchell Pearce, Robbie Farah, Todd Carney and Josh Reynolds.

However, the Titans raid could play in Manly's favour, with the 2011 premiers set to open contract extension talks soon. ''I think I've got three or four more years in me and I'm enjoying my footy here with my best mates. I'll stay as long as I can - as long as Manly will have me anyway,'' Lyon said.
===============================
Jamie has Beaver's laid back attitude and should maintain his form well into his 30's :angel:
2013 Premiership looking good !:)

Thanks HM for posting the digital edition.

Reading that Lawrence topped matt ballin in the 'beep' test is good news for us re the lawrence signing.

fitnesswise 'n all.

tis what I'm sayin

is all

Mal Cochrane said:
enough for me...and manly should keep him as long as he wants.

and Ron Gibbs, stating Lewis leaving penrith as an example...please.... :)

Mal, I never thought Jamie would go, and certainly not this year. He's always struck me as someone who cares more about mateship and the team as a whole than money, and the SMH story this morning only confirms that.
I only posted the Luke Lewis bit to point out that marquee players are sometimes moved on. Jennings is another one. But thank Christ we're not Penrith:D

If theres one place Jamie would not want to play football it would be the bogan-filled, concrete jungle of the goldy. I know money is a big lure and all, but he has made stacks already in his career and i for one believe him in that smh article - him playing footy with his good mates here, who he has bonded with over 2 premierships, is more important than a bit more money.

The northern beaches is a bloody good place to be for the last few years of your footy career. Lets not forget that he has probably fallen in love with the place and would do anything to see out his career here

In today's courier mail, News LTD. Standard back tracking.

GOLD Coast will not pursue Jamie Lyon for the 2014 NRL season and beyond after the Manly skipper's desire for an immediate move to the Titans was blocked by Sea Eagles management yesterday.

Lyon had agreed to a four-year deal worth about $2 million with the Titans on Thursday but yesterday he was unable to convince Sea Eagles officials for an immediate release to join the Gold Coast for 2013.

Titans chief executive David May confirmed the club had Lyon on the hook after weeks of negotiations, but the recruitment hit a snag because Manly would not release the former NSW Origin centre from the final year of his deal.

"Yeah, we're disappointed that Jamie didn't come. It was good that a player of his quality was happy to come but at the end of the two weeks negotiations it's always disappointing to not get the result that we wanted," May told The Courier-Mail.

"We put a very good offer to Jamie and he was happy with it but we couldn't make it happen. We just have to pick ourselves up and move on.

"I don't think we will be in the market for Jamie for 2014. The offer and deal that we put to him was to include 2013 and that was very deliberate.

"Our strategy for next year will probably be a little bit different, there's a number of players we would be interested in for differing positions for 2014."

Lyon released a statement yesterday claiming the unexpected offer started when the Titans approached Manly.

Given negotiations progressed further, to the point where the Titans believed Lyon was coming to the club, the Sea Eagles must have shown interest in allowing an early release before backing out.

"Unbeknown to me, the Sea Eagles then my manager received an unexpected offer for me to join the Gold Coast team immediately. My loyalty and commitment to Manly remains uncompromised and I look forward to season 2013 with the Sea Eagles," Lyon said.

Lyon would have been the holy grail signing for the Titans after they missed Michael Jennings just last week.

After releasing Scott Prince, Beau Champion and several fringe first graders since last season the Titans have roughly $400,000 still to spend in their 2013 salary cap.

May said the club was still talking to "one or two" others and could yet add more talent if rival clubs who predicted a greater cap rise are forced to shed players before season kick off.

But he was also happy to back the young talent coming through the ranks, headed by Hymel Hunt and Anthony Don.

"The position for us is we don't need to bring somebody in. We will bring people in who are the highest quality if they want to come otherwise we're going to really trust the assets that we've got," May said.

"We're not in the market desperate to sign somebody, but we will just keep our ears to the ground.

skipper's desire for an immediate move to the Titans was blocked by Sea Eagles management yesterday.

they really are pushing the point of him being unhappy

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10