Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Killer is on my 2013 membership card, I am glad he is staying otherwise the permanent marker would have got a work out :)

This from the NRL Code of Conduct:

"Sanctity of Contracts
30. Every Club and person bound by this Code must not do anything that might induce the breach of an NRL Playing Contract, an NRL Short Form Contract or a Playing Agreement"

and this

"Clubs to Ensure Compliance
33. (1) All Clubs shall ensure that its:
(a) Club Officials; and
(b) Players;
comply with the provisions of this Code"

Does the Titans management have a case to answer ? I say yes, based upon the information in the Manly press release.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
McEagle said:
COP THAT TIT fan......

Rothfield should be reprimanded for writing crap

Rip in this year again Killer

And we all know where Rothfield's info comes from. Time for Zorba to go back to greece and stop destabalising the club

Would be interesting to know if killer actually asked for a release or not.If he did the obvious question is why and if he has a gripe then these things have a habit of not going away as easily as everyone thinks.

He is a very professional player so probably wont effect him but just another thing we dont need with a potentially exciting year ahead.

This is what the Titans CEO on their fans forum:

david may

REAL TITANS CEO

http://forum.titans.com.au/showthread.php?t=23266&page=4

Rothfield's article and subsequent amendment has the story right.

It's a long story and one I probably shouldn't share in public. But manly were asked for a release after we agreed terms with Jamie's agent yesterday.

Dissapointing but good to be able to attract players of his quality to the club. And to have agreed terms. But it wasn't to be despite two weeks of discussion.

Anything else reported or quoted about this is untrue.

Onwards and upwards.

---------------------------------------------

So Jamie's version is correct, in May's post he never said that Lyon had agreed to terms.

How unprofessional is this guy.

Jatz Crackers said:
This from the NRL Code of Conduct:

"Sanctity of Contracts
30. Every Club and person bound by this Code must not do anything that might induce the breach of an NRL Playing Contract, an NRL Short Form Contract or a Playing Agreement"

and this

"Clubs to Ensure Compliance
33. (1) All Clubs shall ensure that its:
(a) Club Officials; and
(b) Players;
comply with the provisions of this Code"

Does the Titans management have a case to answer ? I say yes, based upon the information in the Manly press release.

It would depend on what the discussions were with the club and then the manager. I assume the approach to Manly was to see if they'd release him, which is probably more ethical than going to the player and telling him to ask for a release. If Manly said ok, then next port of call would be his manager.

If Manly said piss off, then they went to his manager anyway, then I think they'd have a case to answer.

That's how I read it anyway.

Gday mosto.

Trouble is that scenario doesnt make sense to me. Why would Manly agree to another club commencing negotiations with our club captain and star player who is 1) already under contract to us 2) we really cant do without in 2013 and 3) who we had no intention of releasing (as evidenced today) ?

Only reason I could see JC, is salary cap problems. Not saying they did agree though. It would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall. Given the unprofessional manner this tool (Tits CEO) has conducted himself so far, it wouldn't surprise if Perry said no and he went to Lyon's manager anyway.

Seems pretty clear cut the the Titans were trying to induce Lyon to breach a contract. Therefore I'm sure the Commission or Shubert would find no case to answer.

susan said:
Would be interesting to know if killer actually asked for a release or not.If he did the obvious question is why and if he has a gripe then these things have a habit of not going away as easily as everyone thinks.

He is a very professional player so probably wont effect him but just another thing we dont need with a potentially exciting year ahead.

I believe he did ask for a release. If I had to guess it was not because he is unhappy per say it is more to do with the fact that he wanted a extra 3 years after 2013 and it is rumoured we offered only 2, and probably at lower $. Hence the Titans offer being attractive to finish off his career.

Statement from the club denying this rumour about killer, everyone take a sigh of relief, I know I am. :)

he says he is loyal to the club and isn't going anywhere in 2013.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Statement-regarding-Jamie-Lyon/67394

Jamie did ask for a release. David May has confirmed it. Manly didnt approve of his release. Jamie's agent agreed to the offer that the Titans had tabled him. Jamie agreed verbally BUT Manly will not release him. Thats it i guess.

Garts said:
susan said:

I believe he did ask for a release. If I had to guess it was not because he is unhappy per say it is more to do with the fact that he wanted a extra 3 years after 2013 and it is rumoured we offered only 2, and probably at lower $. Hence the Titans offer being attractive to finish off his career.
Dce style, I don't want to go, but this is what I'm worth to other clubs....

Garts said:
susan said:

Dce style, I don't want to go, but this is what I'm worth to other clubs....?

yes garts that sounds like the most obvious answer and if that is the case then should not be a problem at all for the club in 2013.The extra 2 years at great money would be attractive.Gold Coast seems a strange place for Killer though-must have been a great offer.

I can't believe their CEO actually posts on their forum. Is it really him? The bloke can't even spell.

Regarding Lyon, In my opinion he is our best player along with Brett Stewart, both club legends and deserve a contract as long as they want one. If anything this rubbish article from Rothfield might hurry Manly up into signing him up for life which he deserves.

Titans Fan said:
Jamie did ask for a release. David May has confirmed it. Manly didnt approve of his release. Jamie's agent agreed to the offer that the Titans had tabled him. Jamie agreed verbally BUT Manly will not release him. Thats it i guess.
Didn't you say Lyon approached the tits? You're full of ****.

David May doesn't strike me as very professional. Very apt that he occupies the twitterverse.

On a more serious note TF, I think Kenny (F-ckin) Powers, if he switched to league from baseball, would fit right in on the Gold Coast.

After all, it is the premier 'Redneck Riviera' in this Great Brown Land of ours.

Titans Fan said:

Its great your CEO responds to fans on a forum but how dumb of him to start posting this stuff before he even gets a deal done with the player let alone asks the players club for a release. Lyon is our best player and captain, that was always going to be a huge issue and have a very low % of being approved by Manly. He would have been better keeping his trap shut. What a idiot.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8