John Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In reply to his laughing in the coach’s box . While not a good look at the time , could it well have been a case of - all you can do is laugh.
We had blown a 20 point lead at home in the second half and let them score 25 consecutive points . I honestly thought at the time it was a bad joke and almost laughable.

I totally agree Kiwi.
For all anyone knows there may be an in joke about blow ups.
I just luv the way people sit on the outside and judge. If it was an issue for Baz do you not think he would of addressed it.
Let it go Ryan. All of this because a bloke laughed at his mate losing his ****.
And yes I am passionate about support of my team but let's have some perspective.

Apologies John, but I disagree. There are many more instances than that one episode of you in the coaching box.
X You yourself stated you'd be back at The Titans if they wanted you, "in a heartbeat". But they didn't.
X You applied for the NSW Origin job, but you were the first one cut.
X You have spoken to Gould about replacing Anthony Griffin, but he backed the coach, not Moylan.
X I have heard that Willie Peters had a more active role, and was widely respected by sponsors & players.
X Upon watching the games at Brooky & other grounds, there is the eye test John - the participation, and the coaching before / after matches. You can't deny Peters was much more interactive amongst the group.

You want out. I get it, you want to progress your career. Who doesn't really? I just think there could be other candidates who'd give their left nut to be with Manly, buy into the culture, and feel lucky to be here.

Tell you what, people had a go at Brad Arthur & his white anting. If Toovey was blowing up deluxe in the coaching box, Arthur would have been right there beside him (maybe even worse).

I openly dislike the Titans connection here (Ferris for his bullying), and (Cartwright for his lack of buy in, and wanting out at all costs). That being said, I love everything else (Gorman, Barrett, Lambkin, sponsors, players - everything). Also, it's an opinion, and I think I've expressed perspective in that, John.

OK, as the Supreme Leader I hereby decree that because of the laughter in the box we share condemn him to be to be tied to a chair and be made to listen to Pauline Hanson's policies for 2 days. o_O

I can just feel the mods slowly gathering in the cosmic ether .. waiting .... senses heightened ... fingers quivering ... anticipating the moment ..... hesitating, just one more off topic post .... just one more .......

The+soul+eater+in+harry+potter+was+actually+_77e14a5488ec6f5c1fdc1e0f04b00d47.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with @Ryan. We all have a sense of humour but I didn't find it funny in the context of the situation and his position as an assistant coach. Not comparing it to farting at a funeral however came extremely close.

Me too.. But I wouldn't fart at a funeral and that's what I'm comparing Cartwright to.. As the provider and distributor.. This is on topic so don't delete.

I bumped into Cartwright the day after we signed Thompson. Had a good chat about how the boys are training and he seemed very upbeat and enthusiastic about our chances next year. He also agreed with me when I mentioned that we were hard done by in the Semi against Penrith and he said the boys were gutted the way we went out.

Seemed pretty committed to me from the short discussion we had

Apologies John, but I disagree. There are many more instances than that one episode of you in the coaching box.
X You yourself stated you'd be back at The Titans if they wanted you, "in a heartbeat". But they didn't.
X You applied for the NSW Origin job, but you were the first one cut.
X You have spoken to Gould about replacing Anthony Griffin, but he backed the coach, not Moylan.
X I have heard that Willie Peters had a more active role, and was widely respected by sponsors & players.
X Upon watching the games at Brooky & other grounds, there is the eye test John - the participation, and the coaching before / after matches. You can't deny Peters was much more interactive amongst the group.

You want out. I get it, you want to progress your career. Who doesn't really? I just think there could be other candidates who'd give their left nut to be with Manly, buy into the culture, and feel lucky to be here.

Tell you what, people had a go at Brad Arthur & his white anting. If Toovey was blowing up deluxe in the coaching box, Arthur would have been right there beside him (maybe even worse).

I openly dislike the Titans connection here (Ferris for his bullying), and (Cartwright for his lack of buy in, and wanting out at all costs). That being said, I love everything else (Gorman, Barrett, Lambkin, sponsors, players - everything). Also, it's an opinion, and I think I've expressed perspective in that, John.

Your argument is so flawed.
If no coach applied for roles whilst at other clubs we wouldn't have Barrett who you seem to have no problem with now he has steered us to the semis.
I am sure you have never looked to further your career whilst in your current position.
The fact the bloke isn't holding the tackling bag whilst in his suit also doesn't mean he is not committed. Here's a thought it's not his role.
Ever considered all you have mentioned is just your opinion with no basis or fact.
I actually would like to think the guys close to the club let's say Bozo, the Penn's or the man he laughed at know a little more than you.
I don't think I have read an article stating players or officials have a problem with the bloke.

Last edited:
Your argument is so flawed.
If no coach applied for roles whilst at other clubs we wouldn't have Barrett who you seem to have no problem with now he has steered us to the semis.
I am sure you have never looked to further your career whilst in your current position.
The fact the bloke isn't holding the tackling bag whilst in his suit also doesn't mean he is not committed. Here's a thought it's not his role.
Ever considered all you have mentioned is just your opinion with no basis or fact.
I actually would like to think the guys close to the club let's say Bozo, the Penn's or the man he laughed at know a little more than you.
I don't think I have read an article stating players or officials have a problem with the bloke.

Apologies in advance... I'm hammered here. Been drinking at Swansea for who knows how long

Let's say your right, and I'm wrong and it's all just opinion.

+ Did he laugh in the press box after his Panthers steamrolled us? Yes - fact.

+ Did he acknowledge and insinuate that he'd go back to the Titans "in a heartbeat". I linked and posted an article with direct quotes suggesting so. Maybe the writer of that article was lying.

+ Did he apply for the NSW job and got cut early? Not sure, maybe Buzz was outright lying?

+ Did he let Gould know that if **** hit the fan at The Panthers, he wants that gig? Unsure, but maybe the Arthursons lied to me.

Maybe my eyes lied to me when watching the team cool up and warm down, and it was actually him in Willie Peters body doing all the drills. I mean, understandiby it's not the assistant coaches role to coach the team at thaese important times of the game?

He's also applied for another gig guys, but that will come out in due coarse, bit I'm not getting involved in that. Not worth it here.

All I know is his heart wants more than what his current role offers. I'm a One eyed, selfish, no nothing prick who is completely bias about wanting success for our team (I admit that).

Maybe I'm seeing things that aren't really happening, so apologise.

Lastly, I'll wake tomorrow, read this, and regret every spelling error, grammatical error and content. So apologies in advance for whatever dribble I just came up with

Happy New Year Manly community !! We may not see eye to eye on many things, but I know I respect and appreciate every Manly fan and member out there.

Apologies in advance... I'm hammered here. Been drinking at Swansea for who knows how long

Let's say your right, and I'm wrong and it's all just opinion.

+ Did he laugh in the press box after his Panthers steamrolled us? Yes - fact.

+ Did he acknowledge and insinuate that he'd go back to the Titans "in a heartbeat". I linked and posted an article with direct quotes suggesting so. Maybe the writer of that article was lying.

+ Did he apply for the NSW job and got cut early? Not sure, maybe Buzz was outright lying?

+ Did he let Gould know that if **** hit the fan at The Panthers, he wants that gig? Unsure, but maybe the Arthursons lied to me.

Maybe my eyes lied to me when watching the team cool up and warm down, and it was actually him in Willie Peters body doing all the drills. I mean, understandiby it's not the assistant coaches role to coach the team at thaese important times of the game?

He's also applied for another gig guys, but that will come out in due coarse, bit I'm not getting involved in that. Not worth it here.

All I know is his heart wants more than what his current role offers. I'm a One eyed, selfish, no nothing prick who is completely bias about wanting success for our team (I admit that).

Maybe I'm seeing things that aren't really happening, so apologise.

Lastly, I'll wake tomorrow, read this, and regret every spelling error, grammatical error and content. So apologies in advance for whatever dribble I just came up with

Happy New Year Manly community !! We may not see eye to eye on many things, but I know I respect and appreciate every Manly fan and member out there.

If you are indeed as hammered as you mention good Sir, let me just say that is a mighty fine typing effort!

A happy new year to you!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8