John Hopoate Blocked By The NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
“You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.” ―Robert A. Heinlein,Revolt in 2100/Methuselah's Children

You a science fiction buff?

Don't mind them. I'm flexible ( genre slut). As long as they're dynamic, with a good storyline, well acted & directed. Even mainstream. Not a movie prude.

How come ? You a sci fiction fan ? What like Aliens ? Star Wars ? (yes I watched it with the kids & enjoyed the whole experience). Martian was pretty good I thought.

Jezuz, an Eels & Eagles supporter agreeing on something. What is the world coming to ?

Electric. (Eels Pilgrim) The definition of a Pilgrim is someone who journeys to a sacred place, brother you have arrived at silvertails.

Pray to the all mighty Arko that you may be delivered from your sinful past, and that the evil that is Parra excised from your mortal soul.

Electric. (Eels Pilgrim) The definition of a Pilgrim is someone who journeys to a sacred place, brother you have arrived at silvertails.

Pray to the all mighty Arko that you may be delivered from your sinful past, and that the evil that is Parra excised from your mortal soul.

Lol.. They say Jesus will forgive us for all our sins if we accept Almighty Arko into our hearts. Not a hope in hell. No redemption for me. Loved those Eels (yes, love is blind) for 36 years. I'm going to be burnt to the stake.

Last edited:
Lol.. They say Jesus will forgive us for all our sins if we accept Almoghty Arko into our hearts. Nope. Not a hope in hell. No redemption for me. Loved those Eels (yes, love is blind) for 36 years. I'm going to be burnt to the stake. Starting here.

Don't dispair, if you attain your full compliment of 3 score and 10 years, you may just witness another eels premiership. No seriously. you could, possibly sort of, it may happen.

"Life is like a small boiled fish"- Lao Tzu

Interesting one. Glad you didn't use Eel. This one below, really struck me a few months ago. First saw it on Soprano's.

No man for any considerable period can wear one face to himself, and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true.

--Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter, 1850.

Don't dispair, if you attain your full compliment of 3 score and 10 years, you may just witness another eels premiership. No seriously. you could, possibly sort of, it may happen.

Not without the great leadership of our great new captain.

Last edited:
Whilst am of the opinion that this appointment was poor judgement I say "show me the the money." If you want to suggest that somebody has links to criminal organisations then make good your assertions! We live in a community where far too many people swallow everything that is spoon fed to them? Whether it is served up by a police officer or anybody else - bull**** is bull****!

Don't mind them. I'm flexible ( genre slut). As long as they're dynamic, with a good storyline, well acted & directed. Even mainstream. Not a movie prude.

How come ? You a sci fiction fan ? What like Aliens ? Star Wars ? (yes I watched it with the kids & enjoyed the whole experience). Martian was pretty good I thought.
Mixed with Sci Fi sluts when I was a youngster. And Heinlein was a name thrown around quite a bit then. Blast from the past.

Mixed with Sci Fi sluts when I was a youngster. And Heinlein was a name thrown around quite a bit then. Blast from the past.

Ahhh ex-Trekie ? I remember the original Battlestar Galagtica, Star Wars, Lost in Space. Classics. Will Smith & that damn Dr 'Never Fear' Smith 'is here'. Can't believe I forget the robots' name.

Ahhh ex-Trekie ? I remember the original Battlestar Galagtica, Star Wars, Lost in Space. Classics. Will Smith & that damn Dr 'Never Fear' Smith 'is here'. Can't believe I forget the robots' name.
More from the Isaac Asimov, John Wyndham era.

"Life is like a small boiled fish"- Lao Tzu
Not quite the translation I'm familiar with Moondog. And a small fish, of course, needs to be cooked with a great deal of care, subtlety and attention. Brute power and lack of attention is sure to ruin the meal. Just like Greenberg has done here. So yes, I agree.

Last edited:
Ah entering my world of science fiction memories. Wells, Verne, Wyndham, Stewart, Clarke, Asimov, Niven and Pournelle, Blish, Harrison, Herbert, Le Guin, Robinson, Willis, Aldiss, Christopher, Dick just to name a few of the masters.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Manly plan to take the NRL to the Supreme Court:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...heading-to-supreme-court-20160225-gn3so1.html

Grant reckons Manly need to submit a rehabilitation plan for Hoppa's "coaching comeback". Comeback from what? From Toddy's knee-jerk? Hoppa's not played for 11 years so his playing history and record is irrelevant. He's been coaching in the interim. On what actual evidence can Grant say Hoppa's not "rehabilitated"? And if he's supposedly not rehabilitated, why have you, John Grant, allowed him to continue coaching all this time? Why is Hoppa still allowed right now, under your rule, to coach the under 12s? Dropped the ball Johnny?

Does Hoppa need to do (i.e. not attend) one of Toddy Greenberg's Barba-style non-attended counselling sessions and then he's "rehabilitated"? That is the ridiculously low standard of "rehabilitation" that Toddy has set and that the NRL (Grant) have rubber-stamped. All talk and show and pretence, and absolutely no substance.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...itation-sessions/story-fni3g67w-1226724416472

37 per cent of 2014 NRL players were of Polynesian heritage, and even higher percentages at junior representative level
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-kangaroos-20141107-11ilp0.html#ixzz41C3uOFvU

And the % in the coaching ranks? Must be close to 0%. The NRL certainly open themselves up to discrimination allegations unless they take proactive action to assist rather than actively hinder the likes of Hoppa getting progressed through the coaching ranks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8