John Hopoate Blocked By The NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"NRL chairman, John Grant, has intimated he could return if a rehabilitation plan is presented, although it is unclear what Hopoate needs to be rehabilitated from"

Time for Grant to move on. Sadly Brett Fulton's Kim Jong-Il comparison fits in this case. Grant's overseen huge amounts spent on appointing managers who've failed miserably. Ridiculous waste, making a huge loss AND seeing the game go backwards in many key indicators is not a good job resume for anyone. Six+ months to pick a replacement CEO? And leaving Greenberg with the keys? Seriously?

We've moved out of the Gallop era where all of the money in the game was systematically sucked out by News Ltd. Thanks for your part in that Grant. Job done. But time to move on now.
As long as he takes Greenturd with him when he goes as I don't want to see him anywhere near the leadership of the game and especially as possibly the next CEO.

I get all the legal/territory arguments but I heard Souths SG Ball coach, Matt King, on BSB this morning and he was so impressive in his understanding of guiding these youngsters in both football and life.
We don't need Hoppa and there will be bigger battles to fight. Beyond me why Manly is fighting this one. Especially because he was part of the Will to Parra package.

Last edited:
Former NRL bad boy John Hopoate charged with assaulting person in supermarket
15 minutes ago
MARK MORRIThe Daily Telegraph
5d378d9de3f8794eae044c0b8d87613b

Former NRL player and boxer John Hopoate. Picture: Brad Hunter.

FORMER NRL and Test footballer John Hopoate has been charged with assaulting a person at a Sydney supermarket.

The 42-year-old is alleged to have been involved in an incident at the shopping centre in Crows Nest on Tuesday night.

Hopoate, a father of 10, was forced to withdraw from a coaching position with Manly under 18s because of allegations he was not a fit and proper person

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...t/news-story/f1a7ab0308909ff1a0f77359086ce0ce
Lol@Hopa

Former NRL bad boy John Hopoate charged with assaulting person in supermarket
15 minutes ago
MARK MORRIThe Daily Telegraph
5d378d9de3f8794eae044c0b8d87613b

Former NRL player and boxer John Hopoate. Picture: Brad Hunter.

FORMER NRL and Test footballer John Hopoate has been charged with assaulting a person at a Sydney supermarket.

The 42-year-old is alleged to have been involved in an incident at the shopping centre in Crows Nest on Tuesday night.

Hopoate, a father of 10, was forced to withdraw from a coaching position with Manly under 18s because of allegations he was not a fit and proper person

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...t/news-story/f1a7ab0308909ff1a0f77359086ce0ce
Lol@Hopa

Holy sh1t on a stick!

Oh he should be promoted now as our Development Manager. he is such a reformed good boy and role model for our young.

Shouldn't the headline read "Father of former Parramatta star Will Hopoate..."

Then we could put in in the LMAO@Parra thread.

Gotta love Hoppa. What's his mantra again "I've made some mistakes which others can learn from..." problem is that Hoppa just doesn't seem to learn from his own mistakes.

Only confirms yet again that he is "not a fit and proper person"

It also confirms that the people running this club that wanted him coaching our kids could also be considered "not fit and proper people"

Well at the very least Zorba's not fit.

Not seeking to defend Hoppa but we know nothing of the incident and being charged doesnt make you guilty. Further, the media look for any reason to defame tall poppies as has been discussed regularly in other areas of this site.

Presumption of innocence people. We would demand no less if we were charged with something. If he's guilty so be it and he's a fool. But if not or if there are mitigating circumstances then lets not get into yet another witch hunt by stringing him up to the stake before the evidence is presented in court.

Must we remind ourselves of Brett Stewart and how angered we were by Gallop's reaction immediately after he was charged.

I hope it wasn't in the fruit and vegetable aisle ?

2 points - it's probably a pretty minor thing and assault can be quite trivial these days and often isn't what we may traditionally associate with the term 'assault' BUT why we get ourselves in this position time and time again with this bloke is beyond me.

I think we learn as slow as the man himself.

Not seeking to defend Hoppa but we know nothing of the incident and being charged doesnt make you guilty. Further, the media look for any reason to defame tall poppies as has been discussed regularly in other areas of this site.

Presumption of innocence people. We would demand no less if we were charged with something. If he's guilty so be it and he's a fool. But if not or if there are mitigating circumstances then lets not get into yet another witch hunt by stringing him up to the stake before the evidence is presented in court.

Must we remind ourselves of Brett Stewart and how angered we were by Gallop's reaction immediately after he was charged.
Smoke. Fire. Hoppa.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4