Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In what position? He has been found wanting when playing fullback and strikes me as a half or 5/8 but we have these two positions locked up for the next few seasons (unless injuries happen to DCE and/or Brookes).
I'd give him a year or two at fullback in NSW Cup and allow him to concentrate on one position. We need a better plan B than Reuben at FB. I love Reuben and he does a solid job when called on at fullback but he's lack of ball playing in that role is starting to show up more and more. Weekes is still very young and think he is worth trying to develop. I thought he went ok when coming on as a replacement dummy half, so having a 14 that could cover anywhere in the spine would be advantageous IMO, but as I said he needs at least 12 months concentrating on one position in NSW Cup first.

I'm ambivalent about this kid. He undoubtedly has potential but there's no real value in that if he can't translate it to the NRL level, and I've seen nothing from him in First Grade that excites me.

I hope he was cheap to re-sign.
Yep same. I had high hopes (mainly because I feel we need some of our juniors to really kick on) but have not seen anything to say he is a first grader. If he could play centre/wing then I would see more upside but as a FB, even with turbo out, he can't crack it.

Kayo Weeks reminds me of our other young and talented Manly player in Luke Metcalf who has full field his potential with the Warriors

1691387143312.png

He’s been unlucky that almost all of his games at fullback were also games when DCE wasn’t playing. I thought he went ok against Parra, he wasn’t dropping bombs (Saab and Tui were too busy dropping them all) and he also set up the only try with great skill.

It was a really poor move by Seibold to play him at 5/8 against the Panthers.

Have seen him coming through & he has stand-out ability, and pace.
I'm sure he'd be disappointed in '23 like many supporters.
I feel he would be a quality asset to the team if... 1) He's able to work hard & gain confidence.
2) Able to stay in the one position. My thoughts are that he'd make a great centre if those two points can be met.

Is Weekes injured or out of favour? Not on any team lists this week.

I see potential and hope we retain him.

He was giving the 14 role a red hot crack early in the season. Then got thrown to the wolves against Penrith and lost all confidence.

Weekes' failure to cement a first-grade spot was a disappointment for me this year.

That probably comes down to not only his form but also my high expectations. I genuinely thought he would be a mainstay in the 17 and would be a starter in the backline when there was an injury.

Hoping he can do that in 2024.

Weekes' failure to cement a first-grade spot was a disappointment for me this year.

That probably comes down to not only his form but also my high expectations. I genuinely thought he would be a mainstay in the 17 and would be a starter in the backline when there was an injury.

Hoping he can do that in 2024.

Like to see him on a wing. Blistering speed. Fighting it out with Paulo / Saab for a starting 13 spot. Could also come in for Garrick / Koula in the centres if necessary.

Also excited to see if that Clayton Faulalo kicks on: 27 tries, in 22 games for Blacktown (AND a goal kicker).

Looks like mainly full back but also maybe centre or a six role in the short term for Kaeo and naturally also behind quite a few others in the squad and in those positions
Really can not see any benefit or purpose in trying to adapt his game as a winger .
Would need quite a bit more experience and learning however also to manage a half 's role at least at i st grade
Acceleration and speed over that first 40 is a real plus for him but still needs a better rounded game to utilize that to best effect .
Pleased that he is still staying on and to ideally keep building on his game .

He was doing just fine off the bench before Seibold threw him in against the Panthers. Admittedly at the time I thought it was the right call given the difference in performance between him and Johns the week before in Mudgee but in hindsight that wasn't the best thing for his confidence.. and neither was Seibold talking him up in the pre season as the backup fullback, only to drop him again after only a few games there

Given everyone in our backline has gone down at some point it's surprising Kaeo hasn't been given a chance there because he's far more talented than the likes of Harper/Vaega/Tuipulotu imo

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8