Keiran Foran press conference tomorrow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kevinward777 said:
Glowhead: The million dollar question (quite literally) on everyone's lips. Are you staying at Manly beyond next season ??

Foran: It would be hard to leave. I've been at Manly since I was 16 and grown to love the place and the area. We are a very close team. We all want players to stay and not go but we are all professionals and we know how the game works.

That sounds to me like a 'still havnt made a decision' response.

Whilst it doesnt show he intends on leaving, it doesnt really give me confidence :S

Kevinward777 said:
Glowhead: The million dollar question (quite literally) on everyone's lips. Are you staying at Manly beyond next season ??

Foran: It would be hard to leave. I've been at Manly since I was 16 and grown to love the place and the area. We are a very close team. We all want players to stay and not go but we are all professionals and we know how the game works.

Let the speculation begin. He kind of ruled out NZ. But it sounds like anywhere in Sydney is a goer....

More from the sprotal presser:

Mat: Hey Foz, a lot of people believe you and Shaun J could become the next premier halves pairing (if you were to end up at the Warriors). Do you believe the potential of that would carry through into international footy and do wonders for the Kiwis going forward?

Foran: I guess any option is an option. I enjoyed my time playing with Shaun. We really felt we forged a great combination. I was amazed by his skill set. What he's capable of doing is out of this world. The future looks bright for the Kiwis

Tim: Hi Kieran I know you're gonna get lots of offers to leave Manly and some might be a bit more than you'll get by staying. But take tax and agents fees out of the equation and in the big scheme of things it's not massive coin. Don't underestimate the clout of being a one team legend. There will be plenty of opportunities business wise and in the media when you finish footy. If the offer from Manly is fair take it and focus on nothing but success , team harmony and lots more premierships!

Foran: For me it's all about footy. The money side of things takes care of itself. It's about where I'm going to play my best footy and where I'm going to be my happiest and where the family's going to be happiest.

rooster12: will you be a rooster ?
Foran: All options are open at this stage. I am not ruling anything in or out

Iron Lying: Were you tempted by the Warriors 2 Million a season offer they made to you?
Foran: Not sure about that figure but all options are open but whether or not I want to pack my life up and move back to New Zealand is a different story.

Daniel: Who's better to play alongside, DCE or Shaun Johnson?
Foran: Both great players. I am blessed. Can't split them

Adam: Is the hatred of Manly a drive for success? Does this motivate yourself or the team in any way?

Foran: We are a very tight team..if fans want to hate us then so be it. i suppose it does drive you at times but I think we have shown over the years that this team is switched on just about every week anyway

Loobs said:
Kevinward777 said:

Let the speculation begin. He kind of ruled out NZ. But it sounds like anywhere in Sydney is a goer....

I reckon the Chooks are the biggest threat.

Foran to decide NRL future in new year
By Paul Purcell
AAP
9:43am Wed 03rd December, 2014

Print
Decrease Font
Increase Font
RSS
Kieran Foran says he won't be making any decisions on his NRL contract future before returning to training in the new year.
Kieran Foran says he won't be making any decisions on his NRL contract future before returning to training in the new year. Credit: Robb Cox. Copyright: NRL Photos.
Manly won't get what they really want this Christmas with star five-eighth Kieran Foran to leave a decision on his NRL playing future until the new year.

However the New Zealand international five-eighth says he wants it sorted out before the start of the next season in March to avoid a repeat of internal wrangling that marred Manly's 2014 season before some big names departed.

Manly chairman Scott Penn has said he wants to re-sign Foran and fellow halves star Daly Cherry-Evans before Christmas, but that's too soon for Foran.

"Once I throw the boots on and get back to training next year I'll be able to assess my options," Foran told reporters on Wednesday.

"I'll make a decision then."

In big demand from other clubs - including the Auckland-based Warriors who want to team him with brilliant Test partner Shaun Johnson, Foran said he wants his contract resolved by the start of the next campaign.

"I don't want it dragging on through the season, you saw what that did to us this season gone," he said.

I'm sure there won't be any of that.

"But as long as I get it wrapped up before the season starts I'll be pretty happy."

Foran was the Sea Eagles poster boy for the launch of their new Auckland Nine jersey on Wednesday, and the five-eighths spoke about his love of the club and Sydney's northern beaches.

"It would be (hard to leave Manly).

"I've been in Manly since I was a 16-year-old so I've grown to love the place and I love the area"

"Certainly, it's very close to home for me."

More from the presser:

Bobby: Hey mate, massive fan of yours. Just want to say how awesome you are and where ever you end up they will be mega lucky blessed to have you. Love to see you at the warriors. But you got to do what's best for you and your family. Bless you man and all the best

Foz: Thanks Bobby. As mentioned before for me it's all about footy. The money side of things takes care of itself. It's about where I'm going to play my best footy and where I'm going to be my happiest and where the family's going to be happiest.

Limo: Forget the Warriors Kieran you and DC have the World at your feet with your best years coming !

Foz: Me and Daly are great mates and have forged a good combination on the field. It would be tough to leave but we're not thinking about that just yet.

Limo: Kieran, As a 40 year supporter I think we have brought the right players to the Club recently and 2015 looks very promising ?

Foz: I have obviously been away but from I'm told everyone has fitted in really well. It's all going well. there is a good feel.

Ben:
Do you think that there is enough down time for players like yourself between seasons where your season finishes, then your off to play in the four nations and then required to fall back into training for the next season?

Foz:
It was hard but I've pulled up really well. I'm resting up now and enjoying a good break and some family time.

As mentioned previously I'm not sure whether or not I want to pack my life up and move back to New Zealand. I love the club and this area

Foran's response when pressed on whether he'd move to NZ. Most positive response so far.

The checkout Jedi: Hey Foz, Your old man must hook you up with the mean Christmas prezzies from Walmart. You reckon he could hook me up with a Job??

Foz: Will have to get back to you on that one!

Nath: Hi Kieran, given it now seems that the clubs board is finally harmonious, and hopefully the 2014 issues are in the past. Does this improve your chances staying with the mighty eagles?

Foz:We are a very close team. We all want players to stay and not go but we are all professionals and we know how the game works. It would be nice to have it sorted. I certainly don't want it to be a distraction going through next year but I also don't want to rush a decision.

paul: do you have any pets???

Foz: Take it you like animals Paul?

Have the QRL ever tried to claim you as a Queenslander and get you to play for the Maroons because you visited Queensland as a kid and played a game with family members after a Christmas lunch once ?

Foz:Can't say that phone call has ever been made...

Caleb:
A lot of players won't consider the Warriors as they don't want to move to NZ. Are you one of those players?

Foz: As mentioned previously I'm not sure whether or not I want to pack my life up and move back to New Zealand. I love the club and this area

Josh: Would you consider going to the broncos

Foz:All options are an option at this stage

wombatgc said:
niccipops said:
The Penn ownership is already having really positive effects imo.
The players are doing a lot in the community, getting out amongst kids, meeting fans and taking part in events.
The players are talking to the media and seem very happy.
The communication with fans and the public has improved 100% in a very short time.
All this positivity seems so weird when we're so used to rare club communication and constant negative press.
What a nice change. I like it.:)

Oui!, stop with that positivity stuff Niccipops...we've still got plenty of death riding to do. Then a new season starts so we can then hook into the players again....c'mon it Christmas ..:)

Don't worry mate. Wait a few short hours and Ryan will provide you with your dose of negativity. :)

*puts on sleuthing outfit*

Hmmm, it seems like he's saying... all options are options at this point.

*takes off outfit, puts it back in "sleuth chest" alongside magnifying glass*

I reckon he wants to see how the new recruits go and if it looks like the decade of dominance can continue and be at least... um... a dozen of um... domination... then he'll stay...

Huh, just a Q&A with no announcement.......who'd have thunk it???

Huh, all options are options.......who'd have thunk it???

Startling really..........

Thanks @Eagles2nv for the updates.

Whilst Foz doesn't give a decisive answer on what he's going to do, my take on the interview is that money is not the be all and end all for him but rather its all about the team and his family. I'd like to think this works in our favour - amongst others, if DCE stays, he will too and also his family loves living on the northern beaches. If DCE goes, then we may have much difficulty keeping him. The Roosters will be an attractive alternative, being near the eastern beaches.

If its all about the money, then we'd struggle to keep him. But its not, so I'd say we're still in with a big chance!

He is decisive - he has not made a decision and wants to get it sorted when he gets back to training / before the start of the year

Pretty clear to me

lsz said:
He is decisive - he has not made a decision and wants to get it sorted when he gets back to training / before the start of the year

Pretty clear to me

Someone should have asked him that!

globaleagle said:
lsz said:

Pretty clear to me

Someone should have asked him that!

$1.3mill per year would be on his mind

B_E considering his family is not broke ie dad is CEO of one of the biggest retailers in the USA, I think we can take him at his word that money won't be the deciding factor.

Kieran is a solid bloke-he will make the right decision for his family.

It amazes me to see all the comments on here questioning his loyalty or motivation.??? What is that all about???

I expect he will stay, once he sorts his "issues" out with the club. The bloke is an awesome ambassador, and we should be grateful he fell in our direction. Thanks K

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6