Kitey to the Panthers 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gould and Cleary have that club going in a good direction, both are smart operators and know what Kitey would bring to the table on and off the park. Great signing for them if true

Must be a day of signings announced, Corey Norman to the Eel's, 3 years worth over 1.2 Million.

Question...... when do Parramatta run out of cap, must be getting close now??

Mark from Brisbane said:
Must be a day of signings announced, Corey Norman to the Eel's, 3 years worth over 1.2 Million.

Question...... when do Parramatta run out of cap, miut be getting close now??

Maybe they are using Hoppa jrs' dollars:)

swoop said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Question...... when do Parramatta run out of cap, miut be getting close now??

Maybe they are using Hoppa jrs' dollars:)

Hope so come home HOPPA

Mark from Brisbane said:
lsz said:
They are clearly trying to change the culture at the club - he is a pretty good guy to have considering the buzz around their young players etc

I'd agree, much like when BK came to us in 2005, at the end of his career but with a great attitude. Brent would do wonders to the culture out there, a real leader that they lack so badly at present.

I would have loved him to see out his days with us, but gee you can't be angry that he's just doing what's best for himself and his family in the last contract he's have (if it's all true).

You'll never hear me say a bad word about the guy, even if he does sign elsewhere, just a real clubman.

And those of us that went to WCC last year won't forget attending a training session and after all the players had left to go to the warm sheds who was there kicking the footy around and chatting to the fans for half an hour longer??

No need to guess.....Kitey!!

Yes Kitey is great with the fans. Had the honor of meeting him a few times and he's a true clubman.
Sad to see him go but even in a Panfers jumper I'll still cheer him on.
All the best Kitey

I will thank him for his great service to the Sea eagles but will never cheer him on playing with another club.

BOZO said:
I will thank him for his great service to the Sea eagles but will never cheer him on playing with another club.

That's a bit harsh Boz, considering you ended your career at the feather dusters. Your still a Manly legend in everyones book and Kitey should be afforded the same luxury.

I'm sure him leaving has got more to do with Manly not offering him another deal, and not Kitey wanting to leave. Its a good decision for all parties. Wish him all the best.

Mark from Brisbane said:

Question...... when do Parramatta run out of cap, must be getting close now??

Foxsports just said 1.5 million. Not sure where the eels have all the money.

DSM5 said:
I'd prefer Princess to be shown the door rather than Kite.

No offense to King but I agree. Kite is a much better prop.

It'll be sad to see him go and horrible to see him in another jersey, but we are doing the right thing. The core of this squad has been together for a long time now, and due to their success they expect and deserve to be paid well, which is tough with the cap. Also, we are better off staggering the release of this great squad, bringing new players into the 1st grade system one or two at a time, rather than losing the majority of them to retirement all at once and becoming a weak and inexperienced side over night.

If it's true, good luck to him and I hope the Panthers pay him a bucket load. He is a Manly legend, and where ever he ends up playing his final years, I hope he always regards himself as a Manly man once he retires.

sad, but i guess it was on the cards, I'm sure Manly would've loved to keep him, but probably only had peanuts to offer. if he can score himself good coin on his last contract and get the years he reckons he can keep it up, then good on him. He's done great service for the club on and off the field. Sadly the NRL don't reward that enough when it comes to loyalty bargaining in the cap. good luck to him if it is the case and may he continue to fire this season!

Wonder if Gould will take Rose too. there was a bit of twitter interaction between them last season that i remember when he was in the shadows and talking about lack of game time. someone chimed in with 'get him to the panthers' and gould said something along the lines of 'he has a contract at the moment, but he'd be welcome anytime and told him to keep his chin up on the game time issue. there was also something in there about him getting some kind of a start out penrith way as a junior, which i wasnt aware of.

the mauler said:
BOZO said:

That's a bit harsh Boz, considering you ended your career at the feather dusters. Your still a Manly legend in everyones book and Kitey should be afforded the same luxury.

I'm sure him leaving has got more to do with Manly not offering him another deal, and not Kitey wanting to leave. Its a good decision for all parties. Wish him all the best.
I dont think i was harsh feathered friend as i will always respect and admire Kitey for his great contribution to the Sea eagles . When the greatest ever player of all time Fulton left our club I had nothing to cheer about and the same goes with any other player that leaves us and plays against us .

BOZO said:
the mauler said:
BOZO said:

I dont think i was harsh feathered friend as i will always respect and admire Kitey for his great contribution to the Sea eagles . When the greatest ever player of all time Fulton left our club I had nothing to cheer about and the same goes with any other player that leaves us and plays against us .
George was from Bathurst via walgett I think, and penrith reckon Bathurst is in their backyard. I will believe kite's leaving when I see it and not before. I reckon manly should offer him 2 years if we can manage it, thing is other clubs may go 3 or 4. Penrith got good service from petero, but he was hopeless last year for the broncs.

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles will farewell stalwart prop Brent Kite at the end of the 2013 season as he begins another career chapter with Penrith Panthers.

The two-year deal at the Panthers will take Kite to the end of the 2015 season, further extending a mighty career at all levels of Rugby League.

Bugger, now it's OFFICIAL.

(email from the club)

Congratulation to Brent and to the club for the way they have handled this. As fans we hate to see our champions depart, but I'm sure we understand the reasons. He will always be respected for the wholehearted efforts he always gives. I hope he has a successful and injury-free 2014 and 2015 with Penrith.
Go you good thing!

It has been announced officially on FOX Sports.

Email to members came through at 4:03pm

I wish him all the best. He has busted a gut for us for over a decade.
An absolute champion player and more importantly, a champion bloke.

Unfortunately you can't keep everyone and the salary cap claims its victims.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4